Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why is BA award availability so good? - CLINIC THREAD

Why is BA award availability so good? - CLINIC THREAD

Old Aug 11, 16, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
One of my frequent routes, LHR-PHL, is perennially unpromising for CW redemptions (we'd upgrade from WTP). But I recently booked my first-ever 2-for-1 and have to say I was pleasantly surprised after all the complaints about availability. Our flexibility probably helped: The main criteria was somewhere longhaul in the tropics or southern hemisphere during winter. SYD and CPT were nonstarters as expected, but we ended up getting GIG around carnival out in CW and back in F. And there was ample availability in WTP, CW and F on many days around that period. The little over gbp500 per person in fees and taxes we spent compares favorably to the gbp900 per person I was seeing for cash fares in WT around that time.

We've generally not had any trouble booking RFS seats, either, although our redemption pattern is shifting so that we're more likely to look for BA Holidays deals for Europe trips and save the Avios for longhauls.