FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's with the cancellations for LHR-DUS in Dec? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1782946-whats-cancellations-lhr-dus-dec.html)

Wong Jnr Aug 5, 2016 11:56 am

What's with the cancellations for LHR-DUS in Dec?

My phones going crazy with texts from BA informing me that three of my flights to DUS have been cancelled and I've been rebooked on other flights?
What's going on.....

Diver Boy Aug 5, 2016 12:12 pm

Which flights have been cancelled, I've just checked my DUS flight in December as I've an exEU to BOS using the Babybus. My LHR - DUS postioning flight is unaffected so far.

snuffi Aug 5, 2016 12:43 pm

I've just had the return leg of a b2b cancelled in Feb. This is my going home after an ex-eu to HKG. It's BA937 and I'm rebooked on 939 2 hours later which is obviously no longer a b2b. As yet I've had no message about the 936. Strange. Will call in a few days to see what I can work out. Not ideal by any means but let's see what pans out.

snuffi Aug 9, 2016 8:32 am

So it transpires they have cancelled the 936/937 rotation which is the early morning flight from LHR-DUS-LHR. So my final flight in my ex-EU booking got cancelled as well. Rather than simply accept being put on the 938/939 which is approx. 2 hours later (and leaves me at LHR for 5 hours with no lounge access as travelling with two children….), what are my chances of having BA simply move the LHR-DUS to a future date. My DUS-LHR b2b is an RFS and indeed can be cancelled without charge due to the cancellation. I could then do a daytrip to DUS with the kids at a later date, rebooking the RFS return. Worth a shot if I call up with new dates in mind? Appreciate this is not what I initially booked but hindsight is a wonderful thing (LHR-DUS-LHR directly after Y from HKG may not have been that great a plan).

Thanks

snuffi Aug 9, 2016 8:38 am

sorry, dupe

BA6501 Aug 9, 2016 10:11 am

They probably will allow you to change it ± 2 days.

snuffi Aug 9, 2016 10:59 am

Policy appears to be that you can rebook your cancelled flight within any period 3 days prior and 14 days afterwards. So I've happily changed this into a day trip to Dusseldorf 2 weeks later, amending both PNRs. Quite decent flexibility in my opinion.

rjhcambs Aug 9, 2016 1:05 pm

Frankfurt also affected. Our morning rotation BA906/907 rotation cancelled before and after our ex-EU FRA-LHR-HKG. Only one cancellation notified by BA, the others picked up from Myflights.

Airprox Aug 9, 2016 4:29 pm

How times change, the 936/937 first one of the morning to DUS was a B763 in the winter for many years.