Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Kumulani
If you're not going to register a vehicle, the Global Entry card is useless other than serving as form of government-issued ID.
There is one small benefit of having the card, it is almost always needed for access to the Global Entry priority security line at Pre-Clearance locations in Canada. You can still use the GE kiosks, but without the card have to go through the regular security queue.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Airprox
There is one small benefit of having the card, it is almost always needed for access to the Global Entry priority security line at Pre-Clearance locations in Canada. You can still use the GE kiosks, but without the card have to go through the regular security queue.
Hmm... I have NEXUS so have just used that card, I didn't realize GE members could use those lanes as well. But just checked, and looks like they can! Learn something new every day. This should work for any security checkpoint in Canada with an expedited lane, not just preclearance.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Kumulani
Hmm... I have NEXUS so have just used that card, I didn't realize GE members could use those lanes as well. But just checked, and looks like they can! Learn something new every day. This should work for any security checkpoint in Canada with an expedited lane, not just preclearance.
Been a bit hit and miss for me - YVR have both stopped me and let me go on GE lane! #ymmv of course
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
Guys, apologies if I have missed the answer somewhere in this long thread...

I've just got Global Entry- is there somewhere on our BA profile that we can add the known traveller number, or is this done on each booking?

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As far as I understand, you only enter your Known Traveller Number in your AA bookings - it is no use on BA (yet...!)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
As far as I understand, you only enter your Known Traveller Number in your AA bookings - it is no use on BA (yet...!)
Correct. KTN is really only of benefit to get TSA Pre and BA are not part of that, but AA are so if you have an AA flight in your booking the go to aa.com using the AA PNR and add the KTN to your profile.

To be clear, the KTN is not needed in a profile to be able to use GE at US immigration.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
thanks- happily my bookings for this trip are with AA (mostly on BA metal), so I will have the advantage of TSA Pre for the US domestic connections...

Perhaps this is another incentive to book AA tickets
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by OnslowSW7
thanks- happily my bookings for this trip are with AA (mostly on BA metal), so I will have the advantage of TSA Pre for the US domestic connections...

Perhaps this is another incentive to book AA tickets
It doesn't matter who you book the tickets with. TSA Pre is based on who you're flying with, not who you bought the ticket from, and since all the major US airlines participate, you will always get Precheck on your US domestic flights provided you add your KTN.

This works in the other direction as well. If you bought your ticket from AA and it has BA flights on it, you won't get Precheck for the BA operated segments, even if your KTN is in the reservation (the security checkpoints BA uses in the US often don't have Precheck lanes anyway).
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:24 am

I've been using GE for a while now (UK citizen) and I logged into my GOES account this morning to update my passport number (I have done that before) and the option to do that has gone (i.e. it's only a basic profile, without any of the program memberships shown at the bottom). Is that just for me or is the same for everybody else?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by happy_spaniel
I've been using GE for a while now (UK citizen) and I logged into my GOES account this morning to update my passport number (I have done that before) and the option to do that has gone (i.e. it's only a basic profile, without any of the program memberships shown at the bottom). Is that just for me or is the same for everybody else?
All looks OK here - i can see the "update documents" option
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:26 am

Thanks - no update documents option for me...very strange
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by happy_spaniel
Same here, but it does say "*Some program information might not be available at this time."

Hopefully it'll reappear soon.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As this thread is no longer BA specific, I’d like to invite you to use the Trusted Travelers forum which includes a range of discussions relating to all manner of GE issues.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.