Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for UK travellers wanting to register for US Global Entry....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC, FlyingBlue, IHG Gold Amb, Kimpton whatever
Yes, about 10 minutes afterwards!

Actually, I had quite a pleasant interview this morning - got there early and was seen almost immediately (about a 3 minute wait) by a friendly & efficient official, the process took about 15 minutes (including input of my second passport which I can also use for travel - handy as my ESTA is on that one), and off I went again.

Really good.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by chasingtheblue
Yes, about 10 minutes afterwards!

Actually, I had quite a pleasant interview this morning - got there early and was seen almost immediately (about a 3 minute wait) by a friendly & efficient official, the process took about 15 minutes (including input of my second passport which I can also use for travel - handy as my ESTA is on that one), and off I went again.

Really good.
Also had mine this morning, was due for 0830 but arrived at 0815 and was seen straight away so that I was on my way to the tube by 0825. The lady did say that they can get a bit backed up towards the end of the day so if you have the option take an earlier rather than a later slot.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by neilyork
For those who've had interviews so far, how soon does your status change to approved?
i just checked - my appointment was at 10am and I was seated a couple of minutes before that. I got the approval email at 10.06!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Here at the embassy right now for my 8:30am appointment.
3 different queues and ended up being directed to 2 of them before I started chatting to someone and neither of us were sure that we were in the right one.
He went off to check and then a woman shouted out "Global Entry" and we went to a third queue for a quick document check and within a minute I was in the building with the x-ray machine (belts off, metals items etc out your pockets - also given a clear plastic bag in the queue for bits and pieces). Then a walk around the building, inside and into the waiting room. 7 of us in here at present and one person being interviewed.
8am just called out by a happy soul of a man.

Added: Appointment on time. Into an open office where he asked for my passport, scanned that. Asked for the printed letter with you number on from GOES, asked how often I visited the US,why I was going, and if I knew anyone there. Photo taken and four right and left fingers before both thumbs at the same time.
Depressing experience and the laptop seemed slow at doing whatever was happening but confirmation through email within 30 mins.

Last edited by xenole; Oct 3, 2016 at 2:13 am
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
No London Appointments available 02/10/16

Checked yesterday 02/10/16 (for my 5yr old - who needs an appointment) and there are currently no appointments available in London.

Adey
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Same. Checked just now. No appointments available in London. Hopefully some will open up.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:00 am

Does anyone know: is it possible to schedule an appointment in the US, to satisfy the 30 day requirement, then reschedule later if appointments open up in the UK? Thanks.

Also, let us say that no more appointments open up in London, how far back can you push an appointment in the US. I don't plan to be there for several months.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pondhopper79
Does anyone know: is it possible to schedule an appointment in the US, to satisfy the 30 day requirement, then reschedule later if appointments open up in the UK? Thanks.

Also, let us say that no more appointments open up in London, how far back can you push an appointment in the US. I don't plan to be there for several months.
You can keep booking and rescheduling an appointment as long as you have one within the time requirement. I don't think there is an issue swapping between rescheduled UK or US appointments.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
You can keep booking and rescheduling an appointment as long as you have one within the time requirement. I don't think there is an issue swapping between rescheduled UK or US appointments.
Many thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
There is an appointment available in London on 19th Oct at 13:45.

Doesn't work for me sadly

Megoi
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
There were up to 3 interviews going on at once today and a couple of people were no shows.
I assumed it was one person per time slot but obviously not. Depending on how many people they have to do the interviews, that may decide if and when more slots open.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by pondhopper79

FWIW the appointment doesn't have to be within 30 days - you only have to do the booking within 30 days. So you can easily book an appointment for months from (in the case of some US airports the only available appointments are months out).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Had my appointment this morning.
Arrived a little early (appointment 9:45, I was in the waiting room by 9:35/40) seen instantly as one of the staff was in a room looking bored.

Sat down, presented letter and passport. Asked a few questions, how often I travel to the US, what purpose. Do I know anyone there, what do I do etc.

Picture taken, prints taken, given a quick rundown of it all. In and out in 5 mins.
Had the confirmation email hit my inbox before I'd even made it out the sprawling embassy complex!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Out of interest, has anyone who got into the previous iteration of UK-GE-membership done a renewal yet? (I.e. the people who were invited by BA.) Did you have to get the Home Office code for a renewal, or is the renewal purely through GOES?

(Also, shouldn't this thread be merged with the existing GE for Brits threads over in the safety/security forum?)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Smile

Two of us had consecutive interviews at lunchtime today; got there early - no queues and no one waiting for interviews, seen immediately (separate rooms). A few questions asked, photo and prints taken.
All done in less than 10 minutes and approval received by email before leaving Embassy.
Staff polite and friendly.
Two very happy bunnies here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.