BA unveils new flight deck photo app

Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
BA unveils new flight deck photo app

http://www.travelmole.com/news_featu...ews_id=2023072

A genuinely good enhancement,BA.

Since it's Flyertalk I could not resist from asking who will be the first person to visit the cockpit and take a picture with their GOLD tags?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
http://www.travelmole.com/news_featu...ews_id=2023072

A genuinely good enhancement,BA.

Since it's Flyertalk I could not resist from asking who will be the first person to visit the cockpit and take a picture with their GOLD tags?
this looks like it will be quite fun. Extra points for a pokemon sighting on the flightdeck?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I mean... As much as this is "nice"... Maybe the company could focus on getting the basics right, and delivering a consistent product before farting on with this sort of waffle.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Quick win. Straightforward app to develop, and pax will be pleased (assuming they get up there!) ^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:42 am

Arrange these words in the correct order

Plot completely the BA has lost
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I mean... As much as this is "nice"... Maybe the company could focus on getting the basics right, and delivering a consistent product before farting on with this sort of waffle.
I absolutely cannot agree more. A decent hard product upgrade and flights that arrive on-time would be very welcome. The service provided by crew is still good but I understand must be frustrating having to 'make do' with an ever decreasing set of resources.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
From the link: "after one of its pilots developed a photo app."

If that's true, then it sounds like someone has made a little app in their spare time, and all it took was for BA to check it over and stick it on the iPads. A nice touch, very little company effort involved.

Even if it was completely developed in-house, the resource used for that couldn't exactly have been re-deployed to improving the basic product, short of firing them and hiring an extra cleaner / amuse bouche chef...
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by raikje
From the link: "after one of its pilots developed a photo app."

If that's true, then it sounds like someone has made a little app in their spare time, and all it took was for BA to check it over and stick it on the iPads. A nice touch, very little company effort involved.

Even if it was completely developed in-house, the resource used for that couldn't exactly have been re-deployed to improving the basic product, short of firing them and hiring an extra cleaner / amuse bouche chef...
Yep, should said pilot be personally installing new CW seats him/herself too?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by obduro
Yep, should said pilot be personally installing new CW seats him/herself too?
Only after he's introduced a meritocracy so crew like BBB aren't stuck in the boring cooking role all day, every day for the rest of their careers.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
If it was done as an added value piece by an employee then I love that there's someone who wants to bring back a bit of magic for the kids flying today.

I'll definitely ask for my three year old to visit the cockpit when we fly to KEF in December. Great way to start the scrapbook, alongside her boarding and blue cards.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
If it was done as an added value piece by an employee then I love that there's someone who wants to bring back a bit of magic for the kids flying today.

I'll definitely ask for my three year old to visit the cockpit when we fly to KEF in December. Great way to start the scrapbook, alongside her boarding and blue cards.
Not sure this is a good thing. Just because the app exists it does not mean passengers have a right to visit the flight deck, nor indeed do I particularly wish to have details of my whereabouts strewn across social media. Fine for those that want to use it, but I have my reservations.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Here is a worked example of what it will look like:

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...31568665137157
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by raikje
Here is a worked example of what it will look like:

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...31568665137157
Pretty sure that is one of BA's A320 simulators
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How dare BA bring a bit of fun to the cockpit.

I'm sure this will prove popular with kids as well as adults.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Was flying with our 6 month old for the first time to visit my parents and was told by a flight crew that no one is allowed in the cockpit before or after the flight....

Looks like I was lied to. Not very happy now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.