Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Down Low
For two months on the upper deck of the BA54/BA57 (JNB) Club World customers will be offered a mattress topper, duvet and pillow from First. If it proves to be successful then the plan would be to source these items permanently for Club World. Breakfast cards will also be offered.
Why just the upper deck of CW? Aren't there CW seats on the main level too?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I was a very limited trial.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I was a very limited trial.
any updates on whether this is being rolled out on JFK flights as was indicated?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I am sure feedback would have been that the CW seats are already very comfortable and no need for the toppers. What a relief!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I am sure feedback would have been that the CW seats are already very comfortable and no need for the toppers. What a relief!!!!
haha there was an official announcement about this too - part of the recent investment into improving CW - but things have been pretty quiet lately
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by amargrossa
haha there was an official announcement about this too - part of the recent investment into improving CW - but things have been pretty quiet lately
No doubt as the "CW investment" funds have been diverted into the "IT compensation" pot
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Physci
No doubt as the "CW investment" funds have been diverted into the "IT compensation" pot
In the internal BA magazine this month, there is a section on CW improvements including:
  • breakfast extended to 11am in LHR club lounges
  • fresh new linen and soft duvets
  • selection of pillows for support and sleep
  • a unique mattress topper and sheet combined

amongst some other frills (but with no timeline)

Last edited by jonas123; Jun 15, 2017 at 6:32 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jonas123
In the internal BA magazine this month, there is a section on CW improvements including:
  • [*]

amongst some other frills (but with no timeline)
So they're buying some cheap sleeping bags from Lidl or Milletts are they ?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
The BA website now includes "memory foam headrest and quilted blanket" as part of the CW feature description. The picture at the top of the page looks to reflect a combined blanket and mattress topper.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ess/club-world

EDIT: on second thoughts perhaps the words are as they were before but the picture looks new

Last edited by Physci; Jun 25, 2017 at 5:33 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, that the current offering.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Physci
The BA website now includes "memory foam headrest and quilted blanket" as part of the CW feature description. The picture at the top of the page looks to reflect a combined blanket and mattress topper.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ess/club-world

EDIT: on second thoughts perhaps the words are as they were before but the picture looks new
Unfortunately they bought the basic version of the issue with one setting only: flat.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Very good for CW. Not so good for the longevity of the F cabin.
Basically this ^
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Surely BA need to be very careful here because if they do indeed roll out all of these changes to CW then the gap between CW and F will be slimmer and there really would be no huge need to upgrade to First or pay for it outright. I cannot imagine them changing the F seat for quite sometime so do you think to make the upgrade to F feasible they will at least make changes to the soft product? Because they need to do something surely or nobody will be that bothered about paying for F. Do BA have something up there sleeve to keep people wanting to book First instead of CW.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Surely BA need to be very careful here because if they do indeed roll out all of these changes to CW then the gap between CW and F will be slimmer and there really would be no huge need to upgrade to First or pay for it outright. I cannot imagine them changing the F seat for quite sometime so do you think to make the upgrade to F feasible they will at least make changes to the soft product? Because they need to do something surely or nobody will be that bothered about paying for F. Do BA have something up there sleeve to keep people wanting to book First instead of CW.
Over the next few years F capacity will be shrunk and will only exist on routes where the majority of the cabin are paying for a seat and it can pay for itself. Sure I saw a statistic that said that the paid for load factor (ie not Avios or upgrade) was only about a third. New aircraft will have a cabin like the 787-9 with only 8 seats, some 777s are having F completely removed and the number of routes on which you will see an F cabin will reduce.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister
I was filmed in the CCR by someone doing marketing for BA last week on CW/F travel and this was one of the points that I was asked about.

Basically - they asked what I disliked about CW - highlighted some of the changes planned (nothing we didn't know about here) and then asked what I felt the difference would be and why would I buy F.

So I suspect BA know what they are doing by bringing CW closer to F and might have plans to improve F too (it was hinted at by the interviewer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.