Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not all bad...perhaps a real enhancement for Club World?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Can I help you
We are happy to provide any service that BA wishes to offer our customers but we need enough crew onboard to do it.
*Excludes Gold Welcomes............
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by simons1
I'm looking forward to seeing this in action in a 84J business class configuration. Should be entertaining.
They can just have it ready on the seat on boarding? Just got off an NH daytime flight today from HND-SIN with about 54J and mattress, blanket and pillow was waiting for me on the seat. I didn't need it today but do need it on the overnight return. Its very nice and much appreciated.

Slightly off topic but NH also serve an Amuse Bouche before lunch on this daytime flight ....this is all in J by the way
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by A P Yu
*Excludes Gold Welcomes............
Well I manage to say hello to all the golds on flights that don't leave at silly o'clock or have 86 J seats.
But I can tell you now, something will have to give if I am now needed to help making beds in CW.
I am more then happy to offer the best service of any airline in the world with enough crew and the right equipment.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by gw76
Dont understand this. The extra bedding is one of the (few) differentiating features with F. If people want more comfortable bedding, they can do this already, fly F.
In some other places in the world its fast becoming the "standard" in J. F needs to up its game - particularly at BA
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Well I manage to say hello to all the golds on flights that don't leave at silly o'clock or have 86 J seats.
This is great to hear - so many cant be bothered. I wish they were all like you. Some just do the bear minimum they can get away with.

But I can tell you now, something will have to give if I am now needed to help making beds in CW.
I wouldn't expect the crew to have to make the beds.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I would have thought the bedding packs can't be left on the seat in CW? The foot area always has to be clear for take off (due to restrictive access for window / middle passengers?) so would make sense in over-head?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem with this offer is our current seats mean that everything will have to be stowed in the lockers, the upper deck will have issues.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
The problem with this offer is our current seats mean that everything will have to be stowed in the lockers, the upper deck will have issues.
Can you not store them in the cockpit with the pilots?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am not sure how customer feedback has anything to do with how workable this will be.
If the WW fleet were involved in the trial it wouldn't be just the SCCMs feeding back but all ranks and they would hold back.
I was more referring to the pillow/ duvet/ mattress cover and if that brings any increase in the scores. Obviously storage needs to be considered though.

I would hope that the majority of the decision on whether to hand serve in Club is made based upon how workable it is for the crew. Perhaps only trialling on MF to make sure that the new service routine involved in hand serving doesn't make the service too slow given the high numbers of more inexperienced crew onboard. I have no idea if fleet was even a factor when making the decision on what routes to trial on, so just guessing now.

Last edited by Down Low; Jul 25, 2016 at 8:47 am
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course we could, they have plenty of space in their luxurious bunk unit.
Might be difficult getting them inflight with the door closed.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Did the BA57/54 get the mattress cover enhancement?

I have a flight to JNB next month, and am on the 57?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:12 am

Whatever happened to this in the end? Was it ever rolled out across the fleet?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Whatever happened to this in the end? Was it ever rolled out across the fleet?
Some progress is being made, it seems ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27960034-post23.html
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Coming around June I believe and on the JFK route first.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Coming around June I believe and on the JFK route first.
any updates on whether its actually happening?

apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, ive been away from the forum for a few months and couldnt really find anything recent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.