cheapest 4 segments on BA?

Old Jul 22, 16, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
cheapest 4 segments on BA?

Considering a switch from AA (after their massive program "enhancement") to BA. Have enough upcoming flights (and Tier points) to reach Silver/Gold, but will still have to "fly BA at least 4 times".

So I suppose one RT on BA connecting in LON would suffice? Any suggestions what city pairs offer the cheapest fares? I'm based in MUC and ideally would like to fly out of there, but will also consider other origins if they offer much better fares.

Thanks a lot in advance for your input
Old Jul 22, 16, 4:54 am

Programs: Lufthansa , British Airways, IHG, Hilton, Marriott
MUC LHR NCL
MUC LHR EDI
MUC LHR MAN

EUR98.00 about 187ish including tax. Cheaper if HBO!
Old Jul 22, 16, 4:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I guess something like MUC-LHR-AMS return in ET would be fairly cheap and time efficient and get you your four sectors. You would have to book as two one ways probably since turnaround at AMS is usually lower than MCT preventing you booking it as a return. Also AMS is very easy to do a b2b.

Also bear in mind your eligible flights can be BA codeshare flight, or IB operated & marketed flights in case you would prefer a trip to MAD.
Old Jul 22, 16, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure BA bother any more with being price-competitive on Europe to Europe itineraries connecting in London. Therefore, despite not wanting to disparage the delights of Newcastle or Manchester, I second the notion that it might be more pleasant and cost effective to do 4 IB sectors and visit Bilbao, Valencia or even Lisbon as a weekend escape. Just make sure to fly on IB metal connecting in MAD and not a Vueling or some other codeshare.
Old Jul 22, 16, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I guess something like MUC-LHR-AMS return in ET would be fairly cheap and time efficient and get you your four sectors. You would have to book as two one ways probably since turnaround at AMS is usually lower than MCT preventing you booking it as a return. Also AMS is very easy to do a b2b.

Also bear in mind your eligible flights can be BA codeshare flight, or IB operated & marketed flights in case you would prefer a trip to MAD.
I believe that a AA coded flight on BA / IB metal also counts toward the 4 BA segment rule ?
Old Jul 22, 16, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by anc305 View Post
I believe that a AA coded flight on BA / IB metal also counts toward the 4 BA segment rule ?
Also flights on AA metal coded as BA count. I had flights from SFO-JFK-LHR and back count as four.
Old Jul 22, 16, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by anc305 View Post
An AA coded on BA metal would count. An AA coded on IB metal would not. An IB one has to be both marketed and operated by IB.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways, and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.

'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BACityflyer).
'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).

Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible.
Old Jul 22, 16, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Gshumway View Post
Also flights on AA metal coded as BA count. I had flights from SFO-JFK-LHR and back count as four.
Yes, BA marketed or BA operated counts - so your BA marketed and AA operated flights count.
Old Jul 22, 16, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
Just to clarify: Also IB marketed/operated flights count, even if BA is not involved in the booking.
Old Jul 22, 16, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
Just to clarify: Also IB marketed/operated flights count, even if BA is not involved in the booking.
Yes, that's what I have said above, and to clarify your clarification it is IB markets & IB operated - needs to be both not just one of the two
Old Jul 22, 16, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury View Post
Considering a switch from AA (after their massive program "enhancement") to BA.
Frying pan and fire springs to mind!
Old Apr 23, 19, 5:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
An old thread, however a valid question.

I am in London at the end of July. What would be the cheapest 4 sectors I could do ex LHR, LGW, LCY?
domestic UK or international?

Globalist
Old Apr 23, 19, 5:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have a look at BA.com Find our cheapest fares (or the App equivalent), but you're probably looking at
LGW-JER, EDI and GLA (which can be combined as a back to back
LGW-Spanish, French destinations + AMS and GVA (BGY from September)
LHR-LUX
And also check the Weekend day return thread too.
Globalist and fluffymitten like this.
Old Apr 23, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Seem to recal seeing london madrid malaga return on Iberia sub 150 as a same day return. Back to back is awkward in AGP though so would require early in and late out.

Last edited by sunshinebob; Apr 23, 19 at 6:41 am
Old Apr 23, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Have regularly been seeing LGW-MAD-BCN in business for 130 gbp. Make a weekend of it and enjoy Barcelona.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: