Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: golfmad
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

The vegan / vegetarian food thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:36 pm

We are flying with our kids in J to BOM shortly

has anyone ever had a kids meal that was vegetarian? Else we will be ordering them adult meals but most of it will goto waste due to portion sizes
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
This seems to be the most relevant thread, however, please let me know if I should post somewhere else.

My wife has severe allergies and anaphylactic reaction to kiwi fruit, banana, pineapple, avocado and carrot. Meals have been OKish up until now and CW/F have been pretty good in finding an option for her.

She’s recently been diagnosed as allergic to wheat, dairy and egg. We figured that she’d have to cater for herself which we did on a recent CW to SIN (take away vegan pad Thai from Wagamama, if you’re wondering).

We don’t expect an airline to be able to cater with this number of allergies. However, I thought it may be worthwhile contacting CS to ask the question.

Does anyone have any experience with a shopping list of allergies like this?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Great thread. I will post a few pics shortly.

Travelled on AMS-LHR last night in CE. Received the tofu and couscous salad and a cheesecake sort of thing (see post 114). I accompanied that with generous serving of Baileys!

The tofu coscous salad is the same I've had on LBA-LHR and LHR-BRU a few months ago...so I knew what was coming my way and hence wasn't too disappointed...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
VLML afternoon tea MAN-LHR: it's not earth-shattering, but it is actual sandwiches! The outside two are peppers and some sort of spread, the middle one is courgette, peppers and pesto. Although I've had cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwiches for VLML afternoon teas out of LGW, this is the first time I've seen sandwiches on an LHR rotation. Made a change from the mozza/tom or couscous/lentil combos...

Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I posted two pictures of recent vegan meals in the Catering Guide.
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Got a First trip coming up. I wouldn’t say I’m a picky vegetarian but the only veggie option on the main menu is a blue cheese dish which I don’t really like. If I order Lacto Ovo is it likely to be they same thing or are they usually different to the main menu?

I’m usually happy with the pasta/curry dishes you get nearer the back of the plane.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by jday
Got a First trip coming up. I wouldn’t say I’m a picky vegetarian but the only veggie option on the main menu is a blue cheese dish which I don’t really like. If I order Lacto Ovo is it likely to be they same thing or are they usually different to the main menu?

I’m usually happy with the pasta/curry dishes you get nearer the back of the plane.
If you order the VLML in F (then in my experience) it will be the same main as the one in CW. The sandwiches are also the same between the two cabins. Everyone else will have finger sandwiches and you'll have two slices of bread with a filling in between. These will be cut diagonally and if you ask nicely can be served in the plastic and cardboard wrapping. I once had one half having a meat filling which was a surprise.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:49 am

Flying LHR-SEA in the end of the month in Premium Economy...
Hoped to have a Vegetarian option in the pre-order menu - but both are veal & chicken..

If I will order a VLML meal in PE will it be same as in Economy? a better offering?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2018, 2:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by ehud
Hoped to have a Vegetarian option in the pre-order menu - but both are veal & chicken..

If I will order a VLML meal in PE will it be same as in Economy? a better offering?

Thanks
It will be equivalent to a pre-ordered Club World VLML
Old May 3, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
That's great!
I thought that I'll get the Economy one..
Do you have an experience with a VLML in PE? How is it?

Thanks
Old May 12, 2018, 12:33 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Vegetarian brunch on today’s MAN / LHR. My wife the recipient said it was delicious.
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/0c43200a-ba0c-4777-bc35-8417ffb3b33f[/img]
Old May 12, 2018, 3:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Vegetarian brunch on today’s MAN / LHR. My wife the recipient said it was delicious.
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/0c43200a-ba0c-4777-bc35-8417ffb3b33f[/img]
Your picture doesnt show
Old May 23, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by ehud

Thanks
------------------------
------------------------------
Is this true for Kosher meal as well?
Old May 23, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Prospero
Not to be pedantic, but I think it is the vegetarian main but different starter and dessert if I'm not mistaken?
Old May 23, 2018, 2:17 am

Would anybody know what is the vegan breakfast like on flights departing from LCY in CE?
I am hoping that it is not the same chickpea curry dish they serve out of LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.