Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 516 operated by Iberia.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's due to T5 limitations, it has to have a prime BA flight number.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:30 pm

Which airlines baggage allowance applies on these flights?
I thought it was the operating carrier, but which one counts as the operating carrier in these cases?

IB Iberia.com MMB says that that the flight IB3179/BA520 is operated by BA (?)
that's also what their CS said.

ba.com says operated by BA.

Big difference when it comes to HBO fares and OW status, IB= free bag
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Which airlines baggage allowance applies on these flights?
I thought it was the operating carrier, but which one counts as the operating carrier in these cases?

IB Iberia.com MMB says that that the flight IB3179/BA520 is operated by BA (?)
that's also what their CS said.

ba.com says operated by BA.

Big difference when it comes to HBO fares and OW status, IB= free bag
BA520 is operated by IB (given the Spanish registered aircraft in the route). Baggage allowance is based on your ticket. Why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread?!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
BA520 is operated by IB (given the Spanish registered aircraft in the route). Baggage allowance is based on your ticket. Why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread?!
no it isn't, HBO with BA as operating carrier means no free luggage for Sapphire/Emerald, with IB one bag.
IB says it is operated by BA and BA gave different answers, I've called twice.

Originally Posted by shefgab
Why are you resurrecting a 2 year old thread?!
Why not? nothing has changed, a fair chance that someone else has come across the problem.
jrfsp320 likes this.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Sep 27, 2018 at 1:10 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
For some reason I thought 458/9 was also a full BA service. Has been when I've flown it and shows as that as of now on the website. BA Metal and crew
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pascoe
For some reason I thought 458/9 was also a full BA service. Has been when I've flown it and shows as that as of now on the website. BA Metal and crew
I think the post you were reading is over two years old.
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Why not? nothing has changed ...
Some things have changed with the BA/IB setup at T5, and some of the changes have been recent and/or are still in progress: Changes to BA flight numbers for IB services LHR-MAD
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think the post you were reading is over two years old.Some things have changed with the BA/IB setup at T5, and some of the changes have been recent and/or are still in progress: Changes to BA flight numbers for IB services LHR-MAD
Thanks, now that sounds like an explanation why things are messed up, remains to be seen if someone at the Airport
can sort it out.
This doesn't sound too promising https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30129151-post11.html
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think the post you were reading is over two years old.........
Yeah I realised just after posting and simply couldn't be bothered to change it if I'm honest.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Flew LGW-BCN and back recently. Booked at iberia.com but flight operated by BA flights BA2707 and BA2708 on BA metal. Unsurprisingly the flights haven't credited to my account. Couldn't add the booking to MMB before flying as error message - no BA flights on this booking even though they were BA flights!

Entered BA FF details for both of us on the booking. Trying to credit flights on ba.com but won't accept the IB ticket number on the partner claim form as the ticket number is only 12 digits.

Any ideas on how I can get these flights credited?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Entered BA FF details for both of us on the booking. Trying to credit flights on ba.com but won't accept the IB ticket number on the partner claim form as the ticket number is only 12 digits.
Does the number you used start "75"? If so, I wonder whether may be worth trying it with a leading zero as "075".
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Still doesn't work so call to GGL next

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.