Wiki Posts
Search

MH partner flight(s) not credited to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
MH partner flight(s) not credited to BA

Currently have three 40TP flights on MH during June and July that failed to post to BA account.

All my other MH various flights segments posted about 4-7days after the MH flights

a)Missing both oubound segments for June 28/29 for MNL-KUL-BKK
b)missing last leg of 4 flown legs, BKK-KUL-SIN rtn on 1st July (ie KUL-BKK)

I raised BA.COM online missing partner mies claim, but that says allow a crazily long 8weeks. How well does this process work, is it reliable to claim missing TPs and Miles this way?
You just supply -City Pairing / MH xxxx flight number / eticket number / class = business
I actually still have the 3x boarding passes for non-postedd legs (card from airport type) but BA don't ask for these or scans to be attached.

I am flying through KUL (BKK-KUL-LHR) on 26th July, is there anything I can do whilst transitting at MH's own hub to fasttrak my missing TP's ?

Really annoying as the missing 120 TPs leaves me 60TP's short of 1500 needed for Gold status once I fly return legs on MH from LHR-KUL-BKK and BKK-KUL-MNL early August.
(would be 100 TP's short but making the needed four BA flights whilst in UK which earns 4 x 10TPs)
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I had to do this for a recent four-sector MH trip; one the BPs didn't have my BAEC number on for some reason. I filled in the online form and the missing one flight credited correctly within 48 hours. Look out for an email from BA.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
So what can I do next as just received 3x emails from BA ..
i)two incorrect rejections saying already credditted which flights are not
and
ii)third saying approved and now awarded which is now true albeit with 3:15hour lag on email

28th June MNL-KUL - Rejected
Our records show that you have previously claimed for the journey shown below, and any Avios and Tier Points earned have already been awarded to your account:
Flight number From To Departure date Operated by
MH0807 MNL KUL 28 Jun 2016 MALAYSIA AIRLINES

BUT Not true .. TP and AVIOS not creditted to my BA account despite BAnnnnnnn membershipon boarding pass card

29th June KUL-BKK - Rejected
Our records show that you have previously claimed for the journey shown below, and any Avios and Tier Points earned have already been awarded to your account:
MH0788 KUL BKK 29 Jun 2016 MALAYSIA AIRLINES

BUT Not true .. TP and AVIOS not creditted to my BA account despite BAnnnnnnn membershipon boarding pass card

1st July KUL-BKK - Approved UPDATE - 40TP and AVIOS posted 3:15 hours after the email timestamp.
b)missing last leg of 4 flown legs, BKK-KUL-SIN rtn on 1st July (ie KUL-BKK)
1st July KUL-BKK - Approved ...

Your claim has been processed and any Avios and Tier Points earned have been awarded to your account for the following journey:
MH0796 KUL BKK 01 Jul 2016 MALAYSIA AIRLINES

BUT Not true .. TP and AVIOS not yet creditted to my BA despite above approval of claim text

UPDATE - 40TP and AVIOS posted 3:15 hours after the email timestamp.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jul 16, 2016 at 12:17 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I flew LHR-DOH-KUL on a QR business class ticket. DOH-KUL was operated by MH. All three sectors operated by QR have credited to my BAEC account.

I filled in a missing points form and received an email from BA that they may take up to eight weeks. The eight weeks will be up next week but in the meantime I see on BAEC site that my claim is Rejected.

How can I find out why? I understand I class is not credited, so how can I check if my fare was I class? I only have QR booking ref which doesn't work on MH website.

I'd appreciate any guidance.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Have you claimed against the QR flight number or MH?

I have just claimed for a couple of flights booked through AY - showing N class. Be interested to see if they get thrown off to MH and rejected.

My experiences with MH have been 100% nightmare. Worst was cancelled late night flight from DPS. Rerouted on Royal Brunei at about 06.00. Walked me backwards through immigration and opened the business lounge for me to stay until the flight - hotel option refused.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by jahason
I flew LHR-DOH-KUL on a QR business class ticket. DOH-KUL was operated by MH. All three sectors operated by QR have credited to my BAEC account.

I filled in a missing points form and received an email from BA that they may take up to eight weeks. The eight weeks will be up next week but in the meantime I see on BAEC site that my claim is Rejected.

How can I find out why? I understand I class is not credited, so how can I check if my fare was I class? I only have QR booking ref which doesn't work on MH website.

I'd appreciate any guidance.
I fly regularly with MH LHR-KUL-BKK on a single BA ticket and only the KUL-BKK-KUL flights get credited for Avios and tier points. I always have to submit an online claim for the LHR-KUL and KUL-LHR sectors but these are always credited within 2-3 days but the BA claim form states i requires the ticket number not the booking reference.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Have you claimed against the QR flight number or MH?

I have just claimed for a couple of flights booked through AY - showing N class. Be interested to see if they get thrown off to MH and rejected.

My experiences with MH have been 100% nightmare. Worst was cancelled late night flight from DPS. Rerouted on Royal Brunei at about 06.00. Walked me backwards through immigration and opened the business lounge for me to stay until the flight - hotel option refused.
Good point! I entered MH number. Do you think I should submit again with QR number?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:14 pm

Good point! I entered MH number. Do you think I should submit again with QR number?
I'll reply here when I get a response to our claim. Been 4 days already.

If you look at other threads here and on the MH Forum you will see they are notorious for using non qualifying booking codes even for expensive flexible tickets.

Have you checked whether the MH code qualifies. Likewise same code against QR.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:05 am

My claim has been rejected both under MH flight number and also under QR flight number. Is there anyone I can contact at BA to understand why? Or anything else I can do?
Just to recap I flew on a QR ticket LHR-DOH-KUL and then SIN-DOH-LHR. Three sectors on QR which were credited efficiently. DOH-KUL sector operated by MH (QR ticket codeshare on MH metal).
I would appreciate any help.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had an issue with a QR ticket flown on MH in J from KUL to DOH, last July, which didn't credit. After trying online, and following up four times on phone, I made a complaint in December. I gave the GGL line 48 hours to resolve the issue or else I would be writing simultaneously to the CEOs of One World, MH, QR and IAG. It was resolved within 24 hours.
jahason, BA or bust and tmac100 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:55 am

My claim has been rejected both under MH flight number and also under QR flight number. Is there anyone I can contact at BA to understand why? Or anything else I can do?
Just to recap I flew on a QR ticket LHR-DOH-KUL and then SIN-DOH-LHR. Three sectors on QR which were credited efficiently. DOH-KUL sector operated by MH (QR ticket codeshare on MH metal).
I would appreciate any help.
Without the fare class code it is imppossible to advise. As previously, many MH codes do not qualify.

The claim for my partner - mentioned above - was approved after 7 days. Resulted in 10 tier points and 300 Avios. Calculator says 5 and 49!

I was hoping her claiming would trigger my lot being delivered. But nope - I have still had to file a claim.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Without the fare class code it is imppossible to advise. .......m.
I'd love to find out what my fare class code was. All I have is my ticket number and QR booking ref. The booking ref does not work on MH website.

Update: I just called BA and they said I should hear within a week.

Further update: I called after a week and the agent told me it can take up to 28 days. So suggested I check up till 8-11 March. If I don't hear by then then call back BA and they will escalate as a priority. BA agent told me they have to contact QR who contacts MH. Since both QR and MH are OW then "!00% you should get your Avios points".

Last edited by jahason; Feb 11, 2023 at 6:38 am
Old Mar 13, 2023, 7:47 am

Three months after the flight still awaiting for tier and avios points to be credited. Been on hold with BA for half an hour now. Third attempt. First two attempts call was dropped.
On my last call I was asked to wait 28 days. Waited 31 days now.

Update: Just off the phone after an hours wait on gold line. Asked for my boarding pass (again). "Should be done within a week"

Last edited by jahason; Mar 13, 2023 at 8:58 am
Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Chased mine to no avail , just got the run around but requalified for gold due to the reduced minimums and can't be bothered flogging the dead horse for the missing avios, life's too short.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:21 am

Got it! Finally, after filing online twice (once under QR flight number and once under MH flight number) and after three phone calls.Transaction:14-Dec-22. I did have to resubmit my boarding pass.

Now waiting for QR DOH-LHR (Operated by BA) to be posted. Six days so far since I flew. Hopefully won't require manual intervention this time.

Posted:15-Mar-23

Flight:
Hamad International Airport to Kuala Lumpur International
Class: Business (C)
Departure Date: 14 Dec 2022
QR4991 (Operated by: Malaysia Airlines)

Tier Points 140

Avios 4,580

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.