Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Senior Crew Voluntary Redundancy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Well, an opinion is an opinion, yours is just a sour grape whinge. And I agree, it IS unfortunate that I don't have a veto, because some peoples opinions are, well, a bit crap.

So, coming back to staff complaining about it... Can you, again, take us back to the place where staff have moaned or complained about the payouts they have been offered?

I look forward to you backing up your claims.
I'm certain that you would like to think that your opinion is more important that everyone elses, but I can assure you that it isn't.

I see that you have sidestepped the Ł60k issue, and ignored the Ł40k mentioned elsewhere. As for moaning, you can read the posts as well as I can. Bitter and twisted and not happy that they have been disrespected, that sound like a moan to me!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:17 pm

Come on girls, grow up and try and discuss things in a sensible way.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Agent69
I'm certain that you would like to think that your opinion is more important that everyone elses, but I can assure you that it isn't.

I see that you have sidestepped the Ł60k issue, and ignored the Ł40k mentioned elsewhere. As for moaning, you can read the posts as well as I can. Bitter and twisted and not happy that they have been disrespected, that sound like a moan to me!
No, I am not going to sidestep the Ł60k and Ł40k comments... Those have been offered to people who have worked for the company for 40 years plus, and why should they not be offered those sorts of sums to leave? It is completely at the discretion of the company making the offer, not some internet bulletin board moaner to complain about.

I don't think that my opinion is any better than anyone else's, I just think yours is nothing more than sour grapes rubbish.

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Nov 26, 2016 at 1:29 pm
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
No, I am not going to sidestep the Ł60k and Ł40k comments... Those have been offered to people who have worked for the company for 40 years plus, and why should they not be offered those sorts of sums to leave? It is completely at the discretion of the company making the offer, not some internet bulletin board moaner to complain about.

I don't think that my opinion is any better than anyone else's, I just think yours is nothing more than sour grapes rubbish.
I value your opinions on this board and look forward to your continued contributions but I would give up on this one, the poster is certainly coming across as someone who has not be fortunate enough to be in a position to choose to take VR. BA commercial decisions are certainly not taken with a view to enriching cabin crew and a good comparison would be to look at what BT were offering in their release 92 where employees were able to receive up to 3 times their salary and some were able to take VR, early retirement and over Ł200k. That is a generous VR scheme.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by strichener
I value your opinions on this board and look forward to your continued contributions but I would give up on this one, the poster is certainly coming across as someone who has not be fortunate enough to be in a position to choose to take VR. BA commercial decisions are certainly not taken with a view to enriching cabin crew and a good comparison would be to look at what BT were offering in their release 92 where employees were able to receive up to 3 times their salary and some were able to take VR, early retirement and over Ł200k. That is a generous VR scheme.
VR from BT was also quite generous in 2002... ^
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Agent69

If you've dedicated 40 years of your working life to a company you deserve a 40k payoff when they want to cut you loose at the very least. The sour grapes in your posts are painful to read
EsherFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:14 pm

Another VR scheme launched. Think it’s for all WW and EF this time.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Another VR scheme launched. Think it’s for all WW and EF this time.
EF CSDs are not included in the VR offer.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are getting their own offer as there role is being removed.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They are getting their own offer as there role is being removed.
What are their options if they don’t want VR?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nobody knows yet.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Nobody knows yet.
Are you going to bite this time CIHY

Hope not!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TKM&S Elite
Sadly, I think this latest change just moves BA nearer to the end game of removing legacy worldwide crew in the next 3-4 years for good.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happeemonkee
Are you going to bite this time CIHY

Hope not!
What and give BA the satisfaction of seeing the back of me?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:21 am

Press reporting up to 600 may be allowed to leave under VR. Seems a large number so soon after the last one...

I think most get a quote out of curiosity, will be interesting to see how many decide it’s enough...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.