Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I had 5 AA flights the past week... But didn't meet any of such CK agents... At LAX, CLT, ORD, HKG...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I likewise received no love transferring at LAX from Hong Kong to JFK. Am transferring later this week via DFW so let's see if there's any special treatment there...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Coming off AA’s MIA service at T3 last week there was a lady calling for CK passengers to make themselves known to her as she had a buggy at the gate to take them to immigration, there was one person sitting in it and nobody else came forward, so I wonder if I had said hi could I have gotten a ride?? (If there were only 2 of us, surprised she didn’t have the actual names on her board)

Pilot37
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I had the same last week coming in from RDU, and the week before from JFK - but the lady had a list of the CKs.

The RDU flight came into a Remote Stand, so a separate coach (Mini-Van) was available for CKs. However, one chap was turned away, yet was clearly CK.

Apparently, as I asked him on the bus, the Mini-Van was only for CKs who were connecting.

It all seemed rather odd, and he was drafting a complaint email as we reached T3!

M
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So far this year I have had 4 US trips and on AA flights passed though ORD, DFW, SAT, CLT, CLT, PHL, DCA, JFK, BOS, PHX, SFO, SEA, and LAX.

Still nothing!!

I am clearly not getting the special handshake right yet
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I had the same last week coming in from RDU, and the week before from JFK - but the lady had a list of the CKs.

The RDU flight came into a Remote Stand, so a separate coach (Mini-Van) was available for CKs. However, one chap was turned away, yet was clearly CK.

Apparently, as I asked him on the bus, the Mini-Van was only for CKs who were connecting.

It all seemed rather odd, and he was drafting a complaint email as we reached T3!

M
If the separate CK bus was only for connections, could it have been going straight to T5 perhaps?

Pilot37
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
So far this year I have had 4 US trips and on AA flights passed though ORD, DFW, SAT, CLT, CLT, PHL, DCA, JFK, BOS, PHX, SFO, SEA, and LAX.

Still nothing!!

I am clearly not getting the special handshake right yet
It is all rather odd, and inconsistent. I had another encounter at CLT in April...traveling with my wife and daughter. We had a rather long layover (2-1/2 hours), but were met on the jet bridge and driven to the lounge. At the lounge, the agent told us that she’d be monitoring our connecting flight and would be back to collect us when it was ready for boarding.

It it was a great way to start this trip

An observation...

I believe that this type of service is what AA calls 5 Star Service. It is an offering that is available for purchase, and it is randomly offered as a treat to CK. FT thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...thread-11.html

Now that I realize what it is, I’m planning to purchase it for my father on an upcoming trip. He’s traveling with us on the outbound, but returning on his own, and I think it will ease the stress of him connecting in an unfamiliar airport.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by skippythelizard

It is all rather odd, and inconsistent. I had another encounter at CLT in April...traveling with my wife and daughter. We had a rather long layover (2-1/2 hours), but were met on the jet bridge and driven to the lounge. At the lounge, the agent told us that she’d be monitoring our connecting flight and would be back to collect us when it was ready for boarding.

It it was a great way to start this trip

An observation...

I believe that this type of service is what AA calls 5 Star Service. It is an offering that is available for purchase, and it is randomly offered as a treat to CK. FT thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...thread-11.html

Now that I realize what it is, I’m planning to purchase it for my father on an upcoming trip. He’s traveling with us on the outbound, but returning on his own, and I think it will ease the stress of him connecting in an unfamiliar airport.
It is designed that way, AA like to call it 'surprise and delight'. Typically offered (to CK and BA "VIPs") where there are tight connections or long terminal changes.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Coming off AA’s MIA service at T3 last week there was a lady calling for CK passengers to make themselves known to her as she had a buggy at the gate to take them to immigration, there was one person sitting in it and nobody else came forward, so I wonder if I had said hi could I have gotten a ride?? (If there were only 2 of us, surprised she didn’t have the actual names on her board)

Pilot37
Well it's all quite unclear to me.
I was asking a gate agent yesterday in LAX. She said that BA GGLs don't show as CK in their systems so we shouldn't try to preboard for example as we would be turned away, Then at that exact moment a CK lady came along and paged me from the stand right next to the gate agent, to invite me to preboard
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I was asking a gate agent yesterday in LAX. She said that BA GGLs don't show as CK in their systems so we shouldn't try to preboard for example as we would be turned away, Then at that exact moment a CK lady came along and paged me from the stand right next to the gate agent, to invite me to preboard
That's the key to it. If they call your name then you're on a par for that flight with CK. If not, don't try it as they won't have a clue who you are and why you think you're entitled to CK status.
ThatT1Feeling and dylanks like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm doing an LAX-PTY run this weekend, so will report back if any AA representatives come to me during the 15 leg trip...or on the other AA operated legs (JFK-LAX // SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR)

M
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm doing an LAX-PTY run this weekend, so will report back if any AA representatives come to me during the 15 leg trip...or on the other AA operated legs (JFK-LAX // SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR)

M
wow. Please do report back. That’s one heck of a trip 😊
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)

M
For what it’s worth, nothing on my current PHX-LAX-DFW-GUA-MIA-LAX-PHX trip (currently waiting for the last segment), even with what ended up being a very tight connection in LAX on the outbound (though the AA all did show some backup routing options if I had missed the connection!).

Instrad I was “rewarded” with broken IFE and power on the MIA-LAX segment today.

I did receive the CK treatment in March on a rare economy booking where I was called up and invited to board first and received an apology that they could not upgrade me due to a full First cabin...
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
wow. Please do report back. That’s one heck of a trip 😊
I'll try and write a Live Trip Report...if my body is conscious while flying!

M

Originally Posted by dylanks

For what it’s worth, nothing on my current PHX-LAX-DFW-GUA-MIA-LAX-PHX trip (currently waiting for the last segment), even with what ended up being a very tight connection in LAX on the outbound (though the AA all did show some backup routing options if I had missed the connection!).

Instrad I was “rewarded” with broken IFE and power on the MIA-LAX segment today.

I did receive the CK treatment in March on a rare economy booking where I was called up and invited to board first and received an apology that they could not upgrade me due to a full First cabin...
MIA-LAX with no IFE is a pain!

M
ThatT1Feeling and dylanks like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:35 am

MIA-LAX with no IFE is a pain!

M
Were you using the movies on demand? I think it's an amazing service where you can basically watch one of more than 100 movies for free just on your laptop on these AA flights. Was it this that wasn't working or did you have personal screens?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.