Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Short flight?
Run by Philadephia Airlines, who, as with Yorkshire Airlines, don't feel the need to fly anywhere else

Seriously, autocorrect. Keeps changing things left right and centre.
Was PHL-PHX​​​​​​.
golfmad, Calchas and msm2000uk like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Unhappy Nice while it lasted

Did RIC-CLT-LAX-PHX return over the weekend and not a sign of AA Special Services personnel at the podium on any of the flights, inviting me to pre-board as a GGL.

I assume that, as the boarding process now includes a formalised CK pre-board spot, there is no need for the personal service anymore.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
I assume that, as the boarding process now includes a formalised CK pre-board spot, there is no need for the personal service anymore.
Yes, that was my conclusion too.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
Did RIC-CLT-LAX-PHX return over the weekend and not a sign of AA Special Services personnel at the podium on any of the flights, inviting me to pre-board as a GGL.

I've had the personal call at the gate 6 out of the last 7 departures from LAX, 0 from 2 at PHX and 100% (including car) from JFK in the last 5 months.
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes, that was my conclusion too.
I had the personal call at LAX when I passed through in September, not at any other airport, though.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
When I flew LAX-IAD last month, there was me and 3 CKs on the flight. I was paged at the gate and went up where the CK lady wanted a chat and to apologise that boarding was delayed yada yada. She had a printed copy of my BP as they usual do so she could board me, which she did and took me down to the aircraft first, while the 3 actual CKs were left at the gate to board when they were called before group 1.

BA VIP trumps CK?

Presumably just easier to page one person rather than 4?
golfmad and Calchas like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Still zero for me.
Names called at various US airports and mine was not amongst them.
Sometimes just a request for CKs to board first and no-one takes up that request.
Some flights no mention.

Nothing outside of OWE in the lounges or check-in desks either.

Still want to know how AA knows or if there's criteria that interests them such as regular travel, expenditure or what.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
Still want to know how AA knows or if there's criteria that interests them such as regular travel, expenditure or what.
This is definitely still the big mystery, including what data BA/AA share and how. Transcons in F seem to interest them most, particularly from LAX/CLT/JFK. Anything in Y, short/regional flights and anything departing PHX/PHL/DFW don’t seem to interest them at all.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Airprox
This is definitely still the big mystery, including what data BA/AA share and how. Transcons in F seem to interest them most, particularly from LAX/CLT/JFK. Anything in Y, short/regional flights and anything departing PHX/PHL/DFW don’t seem to interest them at all.
I've had a few car rides to/from LAX T4 to the Eagles Nest when heading to/from SFO or DEN.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I'm beginning to think it's lax and JFK is a key reason. I had thought just transcontinental F, but that wasn't the case a few months back flying coach lax las.

Actually thinking about it, SFO den lax JFK ord are all there from posters above.

Had CK at CLT once only . Just wired. V random.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Nov 13, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:37 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Flew AA a few times the past few weeks and nothing here. BP had group 2 on it. Never got called up to the desk.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:09 am

We have had the Cadillac transfer at JFK where we had a chat with the CK representative who said she tried to get around to BA VIP when she had spare time. At JFK, we normally get called in the Flagship lounge to see if we need assistance.
At LAX, we have had it a couple of times including once at the Eagles Nest on a flight to Vancouver when an AA CK rep called our names out and preboarded us before anyone else.
Not experienced it at any other AA flights from other airports.
In terms of what information BA share with AA, last month on our AA flight back I used the AA mobile app to checkin and downloaded the boarding passes which looked different. The mobile boarding passes had a notation underneath the Flight Class part of the form "GB" then a 3 digit number. My very strong suspicion is that this number is a translation of the GGL list into a list that AA use.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by scillyisles
My very strong suspicion is that this number is a translation of the GGL list into a list that AA use.
Take a look at the number, then compare it with the last 3 digits of your passport number
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I had the call today when flying from LAX to LAS (was part of an international F ticket). AA special services lady was waiting at the gate and with the CK boarding announcement I was paged with a special call too. Can’t say anything about JFK last night as I was baording quite late.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
I had the call today when flying from LAX to LAS (was part of an international F ticket). AA special services lady was waiting at the gate and with the CK boarding announcement I was paged with a special call too. Can’t say anything about JFK last night as I was baording quite late.
I'm doing the same routing as we speak, so will see whether they page me here at JFK, and likewise at LAX.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.