Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by chris1979
have we got to the bottom if this only works on BA tickets or also on AA tickets?
I've always been on BA tickets when I've been met by CK staff, but that's because I almost never book on AA ticket stock. I'm sure I'd get the same had I booked with AA.

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Oct 30, 2016 at 10:22 am
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is on both and other types of tickets (e.g. IB).
That is my experience too. I've been in and out of LAX quite a few times this last 3/4 weeks and I've had some sort of interaction/assistance from CK/Premium Services on each flight. That has been on both BA international and AA domestic tickets.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Is the CK service only offered on booking with connections, through ORD in this example?

M
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Is the CK service only offered on booking with connections, through ORD in this example?
It does work a bit like Special Services in LHR (etc) - you can't rely on it being there, nor can real CK cardholders for that matter, but you are most likely to see it if going through ORD and your connection gets a bit tight for whatever reason then someone maybe there for the "VIPs from British". You could in theory come across it at check-in on a quiet day if the planets line up, or you may just get a preboarding invitation announcement before First is called (if you are listening carefully and the agent doesn't mangle the pronunciation).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Couldn't agree more! The SS team in Miami are fab ^
I can confirm this too although I only had the pleasure to enjoy it when leaving MIA. What's the VIP treatment like when you arrive in MIA in F as a GGL?

Cheers
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
Interesting, I flew LAX-SFO last week in domestic F, connecting from a CX flight, no treatment as a GGL/CCR, I did see a guy taken to the regional gate in the Cadillac as I was riding the bus. Saying that, in 3 years of GGL/CCR and 10k+ TPs a year, I have only had the "extra touch" once in Delhi. I hear of these SS folks but I have no clue who they are.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It does work a bit like Special Services in LHR (etc) - you can't rely on it being there, nor can real CK cardholders for that matter, but you are most likely to see it if going through ORD and your connection gets a bit tight for whatever reason then someone maybe there for the "VIPs from British". You could in theory come across it at check-in on a quiet day if the planets line up, or you may just get a preboarding invitation announcement before First is called (if you are listening carefully and the agent doesn't mangle the pronunciation).
Thanks CWS.

Maybe the planets will be in order for me tomorrow - albeit in CW (BA have offered me an upgrade to F for a reasonable Ł6,712.20)!

M
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:16 pm

Thanks CWS.

Maybe the planets will be in order for me tomorrow - albeit in CW (BA have offered me an upgrade to F for a reasonable Ł6,712.20)!

M
Regrettably, the planets did not align, but the BA Special Services lady advised me that they only offer SS for Prems.

When I asked if anything was offered for Concorde Cardholders, she advised they are normally advised if one is travelling, and thus make an exception if security is lengthy (as it was today).

I had a DYKWIA moment and showed her my CCR card. She looked a tad embarrassed that nothing had been done, but advised she had no idea any Concorde Cardholders were travelling today.

M
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I can confirm this too although I only had the pleasure to enjoy it when leaving MIA. What's the VIP treatment like when you arrive in MIA in F as a GGL?

Cheers
Nil as far as I have experienced on 6-8 shows there this year.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Banana4321
Nil as far as I have experienced on 6-8 shows there this year.
No VIP service, but in F you should be able to borrow an electric buggy to save you the walk up to the GE/ESTA machines.

I usually tip them $10, and it saves a fair bit of time.

M
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:58 pm

No VIP service, but in F you should be able to borrow an electric buggy to save you the walk up to the GE/ESTA machines.

I usually tip them $10, and it saves a fair bit of time.

M
Yeah fair enough. But after a 8 hour flight I am grateful for the exercise. Besides, do they do a pit stop at the gents?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I won't go into detail on here, but I've always been very well looked after on arrival into Miami. The team there really is top notch.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I won't go into detail on here, but I've always been very well looked after on arrival into Miami. The team there really is top notch.
Is this BA, or AA? After TATL or domestic?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Could do with SS waiting for me at JFK end of November with a wheelbarrow for me!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Could do with SS waiting for me at JFK end of November with a wheelbarrow for me!
I have already advised them about this. However it is generally considered good form to be upstanding when passing through passport controls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.