Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Old Sep 13, 2023, 1:16 pm
  #586  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by golfmad
A GGL flying in economy in AA will be in Group 2.
Or in J on a 3-class transcon or 4-class longhaul AA.
crazy8534 and australienne like this.
Airprox is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:32 am
  #587  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Posts: 1,068
CK Agent at the gate today to preboard me on this mornings LAX-HNL - boarding was well underway by the time I got there but great going to the front and getting straight on!
our_kid is online now  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:44 am
  #588  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Posts: 7,659
Nothing so far during my recent flights, although I did get upgraded at the gate for a LAX-SJC flight yesterday.
Twice now in a good 10 years or so of flying AA
xenole is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:52 am
  #589  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North West, UK
Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,998
Originally Posted by xenole
Nothing so far during my recent flights, although I did get upgraded at the gate for a LAX-SJC flight yesterday.
Twice now in a good 10 years or so of flying AA
I've had nothing recently either. Very disappointing.

I am almost in a position now, where I can say that BA is actually treating me better as a GGL member (re Group 0) than AA is. I never thought I'd ever get to that point.
billinghamn is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:55 am
  #590  
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Posts: 316
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I've had nothing recently either. Very disappointing.

I am almost in a position now, where I can say that BA is actually treating me better as a GGL member (re Group 0) than AA is. I never thought I'd ever get to that point.
"Levelling Down"️
Finland Station is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:54 am
  #591  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Posts: 7,659
Just landed at gate 52G, The Eagles Nest, at LAX, and quite chaotic.
Whilst queuing for the bus, sure I heard some man call my name just before he went out the doors. There was a black 4x4 vehicle with all the doors open near the buses. No idea if this was something to do with CKs, I misheard over the background noise or something else.
xenole is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:48 pm
  #592  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 63,134
Car transport from the Eagle's Nest is not an unusual event. You get dropped by the TBIT walkway.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2023, 12:54 pm
  #593  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Posts: 220
Nothing on arrival or in the lounge in ORD, but I think my wife and I were called to board with CK for our domestic connection typical US gate announcement a-e a-e -o-oo, EE eor ooo e o-re-um a DYKWIA shout of BA GGL here parted the waters and got us on about third. Contrast with the arrival into PHX where a nice lady met us at the gate and escorted us ten yards to the Admirals Club and then boarded us first onto the next flight.
Not too bad for travelling in Thanksgiving week.
furryman is online now  
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:22 pm
  #594  
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: SYD, GOT
Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 2,659
At DCA, heard my name blundered out by one agent to the other, when they asked each other if there are any CKs here.

when I have group 1 with AA I now just wander up when they call for CK. I have no idea if the computer says yes, or if they just shrug, as it is not like I have cut in front a 100 people, as I tend to get the gate early with AA. It would though be good to know what to expect?
Koru Flyer is offline  
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:17 am
  #595  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Posts: 11,979
I was called forward by name at LAX recently - a first in dozens of flights there.
becks1 likes this.
Markie is offline  
Old Nov 25, 2023, 3:03 am
  #596  
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Posts: 316
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
When I have group 1 with AA I now just wander up when they call for CK. I have no idea if the computer says yes, or if they just shrug, as it is not like I have cut in front a 100 people, as I tend to get the gate early with AA. It would though be good to know what to expect?
I believe - largely as a result of the anecdotal evidence here - that the frontline AA staff are unable to identify GGLs from the rest of the BA Golds. Frankly, the AA dragons at the Chelsea Lounge don't seem to be able to do it, so what hope is there for the rest of the operation? The CK staff appear to have access to a separate data stream.

So, I admire your bravery. As.a Brit, I am burdened with the perpetual fear of the toe-curling agony that comes with the embarrassment of being rebuffed at the Gate for, of all things, queue jumping. So I've never been brave enough march forward when they call CKs, even though a CK agent once told me that I could. I thought to myself, "yes, but you won't be with me when humiliating rejection occurs".
Finland Station is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:33 am
  #597  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Posts: 3,185
Transited through PHX on Tuesday and was interested to see if any recognition given the reports on here suggest it is one of the better stations (to be fair I've had very good experiences at LAX). As we checked into the lounge the agent said she had been looking out for us and that we should board with CK's when they announced boarding for the next flight. She was then at the gate and had printed out our onward connecting boarding passes - so overall a nice experience which PHX seems to deliver a lot to GGL's on here.

Pilot37
Markie and Gastrocnemius like this.
Pilot37 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:13 am
  #598  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Herts, UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Posts: 3,149
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Transited through PHX on Tuesday and was interested to see if any recognition given the reports on here suggest it is one of the better stations (to be fair I've had very good experiences at LAX). As we checked into the lounge the agent said she had been looking out for us and that we should board with CK's when they announced boarding for the next flight. She was then at the gate and had printed out our onward connecting boarding passes - so overall a nice experience which PHX seems to deliver a lot to GGL's on here.

Pilot37
Very Nice, I passed through PHX a couple weeks ago, and nothing at all.
I fly very little with AA , so not sure if that matters
stewaran is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.