Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:18 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,437
Hmm interesting reports to read indeed. I rarely connect stateside, so haven't had the chance to experience (or not) this treatment. I shall see whether any contact will be made on my LHR-JFK-LAX connection this week on a full fare F BA ticket.
Flythe96flag is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:47 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glasgow / London
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 3,457
Originally Posted by jhks23
No one quite seems to understand if there's an official tie-up between GGL/CCR and CK, but even today (sitting in the Flagship Lounge at JFK, about to head to JFK), a woman has come up to me to say she'll escort me to the gate. Nice touches.
Extreme tier point running!!
Filthy Monkey is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:05 am
  #18  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Posts: 8,278
Originally Posted by jhks23
These flights have been a mixture of Main Cabin, domestic First and Transcon First, but I've been on the Flagship check-in list for every flight, which is a privilege usually reserved for only Concierge Key. All flights were on AA tickets. No one quite seems to understand if there's an official tie-up between GGL/CCR and CK, but even today (sitting in the Flagship Lounge at JFK, about to head to JFK), a woman has come up to me to say she'll escort me to the gate. Nice touches.
Interesting, what did you say to the guard at the door?
sts603 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:12 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Posts: 7,654
Originally Posted by sts603
Interesting, what did you say to the guard at the door?
In true Flyer talk tradition, probably "DYKWIA?" 😉
alex67500 likes this.
xenole is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:03 pm
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 30,130
I must say that I have had very little experience of CK service despite very frequent flights via main AA hub. The only one I can think of is once at MIA and unfortunately, as I was connecting between an AA flight and a BA one but on two separate itineraries, after I had wasted 2 hours at MIA immigration despite using the kiosks, their service was of relatively little use.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:02 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: FLL -> Where The Boyars Are
Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Posts: 18,669
Originally Posted by jhks23
These flights have been a mixture of Main Cabin, domestic First and Transcon First, but I've been on the Flagship check-in list for every flight, which is a privilege usually reserved for only Concierge Key. All flights were on AA tickets. No one quite seems to understand if there's an official tie-up between GGL/CCR and CK, but even today (sitting in the Flagship Lounge at JFK, about to head to JFK), a woman has come up to me to say she'll escort me to the gate. Nice touches.
Actually, anyone flying oneWorld international F or F on a very limited number of 3-class domestic transcontinental AA flights is eligible to use the Flagship checking.

Confusion often is caused by the notoriously inaccurate lists and the poorly-trained contractors who control the entrance.

CK (and therefore unofficially GGL, not guaranteed) can use the checkin regardless of class of serice.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 19, 2016 at 3:44 pm
Non-NonRev is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:06 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

CK (and therefore GGL) can use the checkin regardless of class of serice.
Can anyone confirm that GGL status equates to/appears in AA's systems as CK?
SkyTeem is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:33 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Betwixt SEA and LHR
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Posts: 1,354
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
CK (and therefore GGL) can use the checkin regardless of class of serice.
Until we have some concrete evidence from AA, I'd steer clear of suggesting GGL's will receive identical treatment to CK members. Certainly, from this thread, it does not appear to be a universal experience thusfar.
opalfruit is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:42 pm
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: FLL -> Where The Boyars Are
Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Posts: 18,669
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Until we have some concrete evidence from AA, I'd steer clear of suggesting GGL's will receive identical treatment to CK members. Certainly, from this thread, it does not appear to be a universal experience thusfar.
Fair enough. I was referencing the colloquial (unofficial) reports in this thread, as I feel that most readers grasp that it is very much a YMMV situation.

Per your suggestion, I went back and added some words to my post, for the benefit of the literal minded.
Non-NonRev is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:16 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,720
I have had great 5 Star service at LAX thanks to some certificates I picked up last year.

No special service at other AA stations or onboard thanks to my non CCR (until next week) GGL status.
TravellerFrequently is offline  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:26 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Posts: 654
I didn't get anything with 100 min delay on PHX-JFK connecting to BA JFK-LHR the other day (all on AA ticket). Not sure it would have done much unless they could have sent me to the front of the security queue...

Led to me speeding to T7 where security were horribly inefficient, and then the CCR failing to in 25 mins serve me more than 3 scallops (the octopus&scallop starter), despite immediately ordering a rare steak and pointing out it was short of time.
skba1 is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:02 am
  #27  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 11,971
I've only ever once been met at the plane at LAX as a GGL member on AA, and I think that was because I was connecting on to JFK in First on the transcon service.

Other than that, never received special treatment at any AA airport.

Indeed I was once turned away from Flagship check-in at JFK as I was upgrading to First and not paying a First Class fare on the transcon service.
Markie is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:41 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK (currently)
Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Posts: 7,189
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Can anyone confirm that GGL status equates to/appears in AA's systems as CK?
I took a lot of AA flights over 2 years when I was GGL (but never including LAX), and never got any specific recognition / special treatment, other than on one flight where the Captain came out to thank me for flying as an AA Exec PLat (which I was not !) and shaking my hand, before immediately disappearing back onto the flight deck. I got some very puzzled looks from my fellow pax, at this rather unusual treatment !
Frequentflyer99 is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:47 am
  #29  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 42,446
Originally Posted by Markie
I've only ever once been met at the plane at LAX as a GGL member on AA, and I think that was because I was connecting on to JFK in First on the transcon service.
It may only be once, but is one more than me
KARFA is online now  
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:44 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Until we have some concrete evidence from AA, I'd steer clear of suggesting GGL's will receive identical treatment to CK members. Certainly, from this thread, it does not appear to be a universal experience thusfar.
I'd go as far as to suggest this looks like a trial at certain hubs; and possibly even at certain time periods.
Wozza2404 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.