Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Consistent Concierge Key treatment at ORD for BA GGL

Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:22 pm
  #151  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 13,098
I boarded with the CK call at SMF today, no problems encountered.

I'm sitting in the Eagle's Nest in T5 at the moment waiting for a flight to SAN and was just visited by the CK staff so we had a chat. She confirmed that it's just GGL and not all Emeralds. She also confirmed that real CK members have CK indicated on their boarding passes so GGLs boarding when CK is called run the risk of the walk of shame. We are known to CK staff but will not necessarily be known to gate agents who may be confused.

I'm going to wait for group 1 in future which is normally about 10 seconds after the CK call.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:52 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Posts: 7,548
Thanks for the updates golfmad - good to know.
chris1979 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:24 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SAV/HHH
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Posts: 1,292
Thanks golfmad, that is consistent with what I was told...and CK vs. Group 1 or 2 boarding is no big deal.

A couple other observations on my recent experiences...

I'm not sure if this only applies to CLT, but I was told that if I needed them for anything to ask lounge reception to get them.

I also suspect AA's phone system is routing us as CK if you provide it with an existing record locator. In recent years, the wait time has always been minimal (2 minutes max), and I've usually been greeted by the EXP desk...but a couple days ago, I called to make a change, and after providing the locator, transfer to an agent was instantaneous...who immediately greeted me with Hello Mr. Lizard.
skippythelizard is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:36 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TLV now - formerly LAS
Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Posts: 7,346
I have not received any special treatment on purely domestic AA flights via LAX&PHX. Perhaps this only applies to BA->AA connecting flights or only certain hubs?
Mrp Alert is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:11 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I have not received any special treatment on purely domestic AA flights via LAX&PHX. Perhaps this only applies to BA->AA connecting flights or only certain hubs?
Certainly some hubs have more staff and/or willingness to do it, but it definitely isn't only on BA to AA connection. Plenty of experiences myself and in this thread of it also happening on normal AA only domestic trips, particularly in F and for transcons. Personally, CLT and LAX seem very good at it. I've also had it at LHR connecting from BA T5 to AA T3.
Airprox is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:17 pm
  #156  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 13,098
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Perhaps this only applies to BA->AA connecting flights or only certain hubs?
Originally Posted by Airprox
... but it definitely isn't only on BA to AA connection.
I agree, most of my tickets these days don't have any BA component to them at all and I still receive the CK treatment from time to time.
golfmad is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:46 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cambridge & Honolulu
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Posts: 199
[quote=skippythelizard;28534555]thanks golfmad, that is consistent with what i was told...and ck vs. Group 1 or 2 boarding is no big deal.

A couple other observations on my recent experiences...

I'm not sure if this only applies to clt, but i was told that if i needed them for anything to ask lounge reception to get them.

I also suspect aa's phone system is routing us as ck if you provide it with an existing record locator. In recent years, the wait time has always been minimal (2 minutes max), and i've usually been greeted by the exp desk...but a couple days ago, i called to make a change, and after providing the locator, transfer to an agent was instantaneous...who immediately greeted me with hello mr. Lizar

Having decided to dump AA this year due to their program changes.- after 15 years of EXP the only downside was the EXP desk. If what you are suggesting takes place - it would be excellent.
My experience at CLT mirrors yours and I also receive consistent top class service from the staff at HNL.
Discovery Bay is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:50 pm
  #158  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 17,006
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
Having decided to dump AA this year due to their program changes.- after 15 years of EXP the only downside was the EXP desk. If what you are suggesting takes place - it would be excellent.
My experience at CLT mirrors yours and I also receive consistent top class service from the staff at HNL.
So, with BA GGL/CCR in the bag, where will you be taking your loyalty business next?
Calchas is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:00 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cambridge & Honolulu
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by Calchas
So, with BA GGL/CCR in the bag, where will you be taking your loyalty business next?
Stick with BA and collect Avios but if anyone else offers a superior product at a competitive price - then it's market forces at work!
If you "gut " the program you should expect to loose the loyalty.
My personal opinion is that AA have gone too far with their program cuts.
Discovery Bay is offline  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:55 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Posts: 267
Smile and its not just 9 to 5

Originally Posted by Airprox
Certainly some hubs have more staff and/or willingness to do it, but it definitely isn't only on BA to AA connection. Plenty of experiences myself and in this thread of it also happening on normal AA only domestic trips, particularly in F and for transcons. Personally, CLT and LAX seem very good at it. I've also had it at LHR connecting from BA T5 to AA T3.
Last weekend did RIC-CLT-LAX-CLT-RIC on a wholly AA ticket and was treated to CK pre-boarding on 3 out of 4 legs, only missing out on first (0530 !) RIC-CLT leg.

The CLT-LAX flight was 0740 and the CLT-RIC was 2235, so AA Special Services work extended hours.

I was also given a second BP at LAX for another earlier but delayed flight to CLT as it looked like my original flight might be delayed. Only problem, was that one of the flights departed from T4 and the other from T5, so kept walking up and down the connector, so that I could board the earliest departing flight !
wenzlydale is offline  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:57 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by wenzlydale
Last weekend did RIC-CLT-LAX-CLT-RIC on a wholly AA ticket and was treated to CK pre-boarding on 3 out of 4 legs, only missing out on first (0530 !) RIC-CLT leg.

The CLT-LAX flight was 0740 and the CLT-RIC was 2235, so AA Special Services work extended hours.

I was also given a second BP at LAX for another earlier but delayed flight to CLT as it looked like my original flight might be delayed. Only problem, was that one of the flights departed from T4 and the other from T5, so kept walking up and down the connector, so that I could board the earliest departing flight !
Good to hear. Pre-boarded by being paged at the gate by a CK person, or just going up when they called CKs to board in general at the start of the boarding process?
Airprox is offline  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:53 am
  #162  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 13,098
Originally Posted by Airprox
Good to hear. Pre-boarded by being paged at the gate by a CK person, or just going up when they called CKs to board in general at the start of the boarding process?
I am guessing the former.
golfmad is offline  
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:55 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Posts: 267
The former

I've not had the b@lls to try and board when CK pre-boarding is announced and I've not been paged by AA Special Services at the gate.

A risk-free strategy would be to ask them whether I could board as a CK, if they are not there ?
wenzlydale is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:19 am
  #164  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Posts: 7,548
I did two recent TATLs on AA tickets in Y (shock, horror) and the LHR - US flights were on AA metal and no CK calling for me (though they did call one other pax on the flight.

I sort of assumed that the shame of Y and CK didn't go together.....
chris1979 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:05 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, CCR, Virgin Gold
Posts: 121
I'm still getting inconsistent CK help in the US. It seems to arrive on the short internal legs, where help is not needed. For the most part, passenger-facing AA staff have no idea what GGL is. Does anyone know if the quid pro quo between CK & GGL will be formalized to provide some consistency of service, or will it be the luck of the draw? Any help most welcome.
dbthebolt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.