The curtain hasn't moved, but I have

Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The curtain hasn't moved, but I have

So I get it that if you choose the first row of Y in ET, that there is a chance that CE might be pushed further back and you get pushed back too.

This happened to me when I did OLCI yesterday. I had previously chosen seat 9D but when it came to OLCI, I was given seat 15D, with Y starting at row 11.

Jump forward to today's flight, curtain ends before row 9; row 9 & 10 have 3 people seating per row, so certainly not CE and I've got a lovely view of a wing.

So have I been superceded by another gold or could it be that there was a belief that more CE seats would be needed but now this is no longer the case? Don't get me wrong, the lady now sat in seat 9D looks lovely but I've got a much further walk to the front cabin to use the toilet now
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by silonic
So I get it that if you choose the first row of Y in ET, that there is a chance that CE might be pushed further back and you get pushed back too.
There is also a chance that CE will shrink and the curtain will move forward. The changes are not always in the same direction.

On any particular flight, the curtain can move back and forward many times. However, if you are moved back because of a curtain move, you will seldom be automatically moved forward again. That is why you can be swept aft by the tide and then be "stranded" when the tide moves forward again. And this can happen even after OLCI opens.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
There is also a chance that CE will shrink and the curtain will move forward. The changes are not always in the same direction.

On any particular flight, the curtain can move back and forward many times. However, if you are moved back because of a curtain move, you will seldom be automatically moved forward again. That is why you can be swept aft by the tide and then be "stranded" when the tide moves forward again. And this can happen even after OLCI opens.
Absolutely. Happened in May. I had Exit row selected for many months, outbound and inbound, and by checking periodically found I was moved back(ie no notification of a "change to your booking"). Only by checking 3 or 4 times per day for weeks did I get Exits back again. BA does not move you back to your original seat when the curtain moves forward again. Obsessive? perhaps but worth it for 4.5 hours in a seat each way.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by silonic
I've got a much further walk to the front cabin to use the toilet now
According to another current thread... that is either a) cause for summary ejection through the nearest exit hatch or b) cool fine and dandy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.