Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any Change in Travel Policies Due to Brexit?

Any Change in Travel Policies Due to Brexit?

Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
BUT I am still gutted with the result.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The government and opposition do not go in to recess over the summer, they are still very much in place and active.
I didn't say that though did I? I stated that Parliament went into recess, at which point the Government and opposition have no legislative business.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
But I am still totally gutted by the result - and a little bit disappointed in my fellow countrymen. Not liking the apparent legitimisation of xenophobia that the brexit win appears to have unleashed on us.

Living in west London I pass the Polish War memorial regularly and each time I am reminded that's 100's of polish airmen fled Poland and came to fly Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. without that extra manpower who knows how that day might have ended. Respect.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by strichener
I didn't say that though did I? I stated that Parliament went into recess, at which point the Government and opposition have no legislative business.
The country manages to get by without a government and opposition when parliament goes into recess
Parliament goes in to recess. To state the country manages to get by "without a government and opposition" during that period is factually untrue. There is no period during the year when the country gets by without a government and opposition.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: BA silver.
Originally Posted by KenJohn
The UK currently has no government and no opposition for a couple of weeks.
The SNP is more than ready to be the opposition.

My company hasn't has its travel plans affected and I don't see that changing in relation to Brexit.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Mutu
But I am still totally gutted by the result - and a little bit disappointed in my fellow countrymen. Not liking the apparent legitimisation of xenophobia that the brexit win appears to have unleashed on us.

Living in west London I pass the Polish War memorial regularly and each time I am reminded that's 100's of polish airmen fled Poland and came to fly Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. without that extra manpower who knows how that day might have ended. Respect.
Completely agree with you, I am absolutely devastated and ashamed to be from Sheffield. I really thought we were different.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Nope, but i'm sure some higher up will wake up one day and figure out a way to Make our lives more difficult re travel.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I completely reject these ideas that Brexit is abandonment of our European allies. I think it's offensive to draw comparisons with the war and human sacrifice. It's that sepia tinted nonsense. The Polish felt abandoned when "we" let Stalin cut the country up.

Apparently Brexiteers need to calm the racists because they are responsible for them. The same argument is not made for other groups.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, after only after a few posts this thread is already way off-topic and deep into OMNI/PR territory.

If you have access, please join the wider Brexit discussion there, not here on the BA forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.