Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aircraft change confusion, not shown in MMB

Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

Over time I have had many aircraft changes in existing bookings, however this one is confusing me and hopefully someone on this board can set me straight.

Original booking on BA114 was a 747 (in first) so I had chosen 2A/K for my mother and I. Now I have a 'mystery notification' about the flight from my flights (no noticeable alterations) MMB also shows no change but EF (still 747) showing whole cabin as maxed out despite ours being the only seats chosen in MMB.
I try a dummy booking on BA.com and it is showing as a 777.

Having decided to wait a few hours for everything to catch up (according to my flights the change happened at 06:39hrs this morning) I fully expected everything to re-sync but it hasn't. I am now confused as to what is going on....obviously if the equipment is a 777 2A/K are not the best seats to be in when travelling together ! I have a while before I fly but really do want to snag the best seats I can as this will be our first First and probably our only first.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
... but EF (still 747) showing whole cabin as maxed out despite ours being the only seats chosen in MMB.
I try a dummy booking on BA.com and it is showing as a 777.
This is odd, because the two channels should draw on the same original information source.

Do you want to try EF again and see whether the seat map there is still different from the seat map shown on MMB and via a dummy booking on ba.com? If you're prepared to post the travel date as well, someone else may be able to look at it as well.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Do you know about the 'Show Changes' button in My Flights?

Sometimes the highlighting disappears but if you click on Show Changes it will highlight the most recent changes. It will tell you when these changes happened so you can be sure they are changes from this morning.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL
What date are you travelling so we can check?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

It's BA 114 on 29th November - will look at EF again but as I don't fly that much I only get my free 'seat alerts'
Will also check my flights 'show changes'
Many thanks in advance for any further insights.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Using ExpertFlyer, BA114 JFK-LHR on 29 November 2016 is showing as an 86J 744.

In F, 2AK are occupied, all other seats are vacant.

The availability display also says "744".

That suggests that you are fine. What is a mystery is why ba.com should be showing a different aircraft via MMB or when you make a dummy booking.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks all !
I have just re-check again and now EF is showing correctly as per MMB - as is the dummy booking now all back to 747 and all as per MMB.
How strange is that ? I repeated the exercise several times over today with exactly the same results, posted on here and hey presto all OK (Doh!)
On a better note my return next week from Berlin to LCY was cancelled, auto rebooked for 5hrs later and I kept my exit row seat!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Using ExpertFlyer, BA114 JFK-LHR on 29 November 2016 is showing as an 86J 744.

In F, 2AK are occupied, all other seats are vacant.

The availability display also says "744".

That suggests that you are fine. What is a mystery is why ba.com should be showing a different aircraft via MMB or when you make a dummy booking.
I hope it stays Super Hi J ^
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I just figured it out.....
When we booked it was NOT an 86J (52J originally) and I was a bit disappointed as I have another mid J from JFK in December (in WTP so a bit more of a result)...so my thinking is, there was an aircraft change (which for some reason was showing as a 777 earlier today) but the aircraft change was 86J for 52J - improvement !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.