July's "enhancements"

Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:46 am

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Because the method of making Parmesan involves calf rennet, from cows stomachs.

I was very surprised to learn this myself a few months ago when I nearly made a serving faux-pas to a (very strict) vegetarian friend. For more information, check out https://www.vegsoc.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=495
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why's that?
Something to do with using calf rennet I believe.

Beaten to it.....

Don't tell the veggie and they'll probably never know
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Likewise Parmesan isn't Kosher for those precise reasons.

On the subject of the steak, there is an ex-chef who is now part of the WW setup. Whenever I am fortunate enough to see him, and am in F, he makes me the steak as if I was on the ground. However, I have to wait until the very end of service, which isn't a problem.

M
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Ok. Please share.

The last time I ordered beef on BA you could have used it as fuel to cook the next order of beef.
I'd like to point out that this happened on Monday. I spoke to the Cabin crew and said I like it very rare and they said they would try and see what the chef could do.

After on the way back from the loo I spoke to them about how great it was and they said they did it for 10 minutes instead of the 20 minutes it says on the paperwork.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks really nicely cooked.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by BHDATC
Looks really nicely cooked.
Agreed! That's more like it pacenotes!! ^
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
mistake
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by pacenotes
I'd like to point out that this happened on Monday. I spoke to the Cabin crew and said I like it very rare and they said they would try and see what the chef could do.

After on the way back from the loo I spoke to them about how great it was and they said they did it for 10 minutes instead of the 20 minutes it says on the paperwork.
Once when I asked for the steak to be cooked for only half the prescribed time I was told it was "against the law". Needless to say I was served the usual nuked chunk which I sent straight back and had something else from the menu.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Once when I asked for the steak to be cooked for only half the prescribed time I was told it was "against the law". Needless to say I was served the usual nuked chunk which I sent straight back and had something else from the menu.
Ha, I can imagine that ended up being a tense flight with the cabin crew.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
It can't be long before the August enhancements are revealed/leaked. BA should have a section set aside in The Club magazine to detail them.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sts603
Ha, I can imagine that ended up being a tense flight with the cabin crew.
Why?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
When are these enhancements kicking in? Had usual pretzels, second meal etc on yesterday's LHR to YYZ.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
With the greatest respect, why would you do that? If they said up-front they couldn't/wouldn't do what you wanted, why wait for the meal to be prepared, only to send it back? - it was never going to be how you wanted it. They've got limited catering onboard and that steak (however cooked) could have gone to someone who wanted it.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GCH
Just enjoyed the following 'Ambient Snack' on a recent Nairobi - LHR overnight flight, down the back of the bus.

Skipping the hot meal (served at 1am) in favour of some sleep and breakfast. 5:30am comes and the 'wonderful selection' arrives...

SNACK BOX AMBIENT
Code FG40255
1 x Nature Valley Oats n Honey Bar 42g
1 x Mini Nachos 15g
1 x Water cuplet 36ml
1 x Salsa Sauce 25g
1 x Country Fruit Cake 27g
1 x Toffee twist wrap 9g
1 x Plain white napkin

Who needs to eat anyway? Salsa & tortilla chips for breakfast...

BAH! I feel bad for the staff who are given this rubbish to serve and suffer the flack from the PAX. Bad show BA.

Last edited by roarss; Aug 1, 2016 at 9:53 am
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
15g of mini nachos.....lol

Should be renamed miniscule nachos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.