Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arrival after 2pm in Terminal 3 - anywhere to shower?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival after 2pm in Terminal 3 - anywhere to shower?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ttama
Did it also close at 2pm, when it was open? I've briefly scanned the AA forum, but couldn't find the answer on the T3 Arrivals Lounge thread. Admittedly I didn't read every page.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'm a bit gutted, having belatedly realised I won't have access to an arrivals lounge as part of my GC experience (and I much prefer the lounge breakfast to airline food). On the bright side, I'll be in CW so shouldn't be too crumpled and sleep-deprived, and will have access to the big bathroom on the 380 upper deck to brush my teeth.
Yes, the AArivals Lounge closed at 2pm. See the wiki for the thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Yes, the AArivals Lounge closed at 2pm. See the wiki for the thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Now that AA's arrivals lounge at T3 has re-opened, BA say on their website that it's open until 2pm. AA's website says it's open until 3.30pm. Can anyone advise on which is correct? Perhaps BA passengers can only access it until 2pm even if it's open longer?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ttama
Now that AA's arrivals lounge at T3 has re-opened, BA say on their website that it's open until 2pm. AA's website says it's open until 3.30pm. Can anyone advise on which is correct? Perhaps BA passengers can only access it until 2pm even if it's open longer?
The newly remodeled AArrivals lounge is open until 330pm.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27110278
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
And keep in mind that the food servive may end well before 15:30, to allow the staff to clean and to set up for the next morning. Showers should be available all the way up to 15:30.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
And keep in mind that the food servive may end well before 15:30, to allow the staff to clean and to set up for the next morning. Showers should be available all the way up to 15:30.
I've checked with Rhubarb about this, they assure me they serve food until 15:30 hrs. So that's breakfast items throughout, and soup of the day from 10:30 to 15:30 hrs.

Edited to add: during lunch hours some of the breakfast items are replaced with salad and cold cut items. Note that the Arrivals lounge is quite hard to find and is poorly signposted. Turn sharp left as you emerge landside (so away from Marks and Spencer, and use the lifts in front of the amusement arcade and near The Market Gardener café.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 24, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've checked with Rhubarb about this, they assure me they serve food until 15:30 hrs. So that's breakfast items throughout, and soup of the day from 10:30 to 15:30 hrs.
Thank you for verifying the food hours, C-W-S! ^
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Edited to add: during lunch hours some of the breakfast items are replaced with salad and cold cut items. Note that the Arrivals lounge is quite hard to find and is poorly signposted. Turn sharp left as you emerge landside (so away from Marks and Spencer, and use the lifts in front of the amusement arcade and near The Market Gardener café.
Thanks corporate-wage-slave, and also to Non-NonRev and jerry a. laska
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Note that the T5 Sofitel is now also a priority pass lounge and includes spa/shower access if you need something after 15:30...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks
Note that the T5 Sofitel is now also a priority pass lounge and includes spa/shower access if you need something after 15:30...
T2 Plaza Premium Arrivals is also open until the evening, which may be more convenient to reach from T3 than T5 Sofitel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.