Refused Lounge entry at PHL

Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Some people have got a fly up their ...
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich

Oh rubbish. I grew up there as well and still go back often to see family and watch the birds play. My wife loves it there, the people are open and honest. This myth about the Eagles fans being the worst in the NFL is overstated as well.
I’m not saying there aren’t nice people or redeeming qualities. But Philadelphians are abrasive and when in customer service roles often just plain rude. And lazy.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Fossiebear
its unfortunate the Admirals Club is so poor in PHL, i guess given AAs dominant position there is no need for a Flagship Lounge there.
A Flagship lounge is coming but there are rumours it's delayed until into 2020. For those of you not looking to dine I find the main Admirals Club at PHL to be pretty solid to just go in and have a drink or two and get some work done before the flight.
dougzz likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by redeyedonkey
A Flagship lounge is coming but there are rumours it's delayed until into 2020. For those of you not looking to dine I find the main Admirals Club at PHL to be pretty solid to just go in and have a drink or two and get some work done before the flight.
indeed the terminal A club on AA Is a far nicer space
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich

Oh rubbish. I grew up there as well and still go back often to see family and watch the birds play. My wife loves it there, the people are open and honest. This myth about the Eagles fans being the worst in the NFL is overstated as well.
As an Eagles fan (from London) who regularly goes to Philly (but never been to a game there) and also managed to bag tickets to the game here, im with you on this one. Eagles fans are brilliant.

Also, i find BA staff in PHL hit and miss. There are a few women that are very kind on the staff but there is one particular one who is actually mean and has, on many occasions, snapped at me and gotten "wows" from other passengers.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Also, i find BA staff in PHL hit and miss. There are a few women that are very kind on the staff but there is one particular one who is actually mean and has, on many occasions, snapped at me and gotten "wows" from other passengers.
Doesn't anyone complain anymore? Never a reason for a staff to snap at a passenger!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:44 am

Oh she has done it numerous times, from snapping at me to move back less than an inch by the gate to snapping at me one time when i was really upset about leaving, crying and didnt hear her say "please open the passport photo page".

I dont fly to/out of PHL anymore as its too expensive so i havent seen her in two years but she was there without fail for 4 years on the trot.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Today’s lounge dragon insisted on reprinting our boarding cards, even though we had them on the app......

However, the lady in charge of the First lounge is very pleasant and efficient.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Yes .. AA boarding cards don't work at this lounge .. the staff need to be re-educated as to OW rules but it's small and barely copes with the BA travelers eligible for access.There are better lounges not that far away.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Today’s lounge dragon insisted on reprinting our boarding cards, even though we had them on the app......

However, the lady in charge of the First lounge is very pleasant and efficient.
They do this in the IAD lounge. Apparently the scanners there cannot read the bar code on the app
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by mec72
It's the US. You're lucky you weren't tasered.
You mean shot, surely?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by UKTony
Yes .. AA boarding cards don't work at this lounge .. the staff need to be re-educated as to OW rules but it's small and barely copes with the BA travelers eligible for access.There are better lounges not that far away.
Really? I've used this lounge many times while flying AA and never had a problem. And to those who say Philly is terrible, my experiences have been the exact opposite - great people!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by Calloway
Really? I've used this lounge many times while flying AA and never had a problem. And to those who say Philly is terrible, my experiences have been the exact opposite - great people!
Same here. Philadelphia is my second favourite town in the US. Love the airport, people, vibe, museums...
De gustibus non est disputandum. Or rather de gustibus aut bene aut nihil.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound

indeed the terminal A club on AA Is a far nicer space
Agreed. I used to like the BA lounge at PHL up until a few years back when it seemed to get a lot more crowded, but decided to give the AA lounge above A15/16 a shot and now prefer it. Much larger, a view, and a lot less crowded / claustrophobic. And generally get a few extra drinks vouchers when I tell the agent I know I can use the BA lounge but prefer theirs
Also find that the area behind you as you face the desk is a lot quieter, it seems more natural to head to the A15 rather than A16 side because of the layout.

Last edited by LBP2; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:01 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seeing as you're all talking about PHL, can I ask a few idiot questions...?

Flying BA on LHR-PHL, connecting to AA for a domestic leg. BA Gold / OWE flying in Club World and AA domestic First.

1. I think I would be entitled to go to the BA lounge under OW rules, but may get a refusal (based on this thread)?

2. Is there somewhere nice enough by way of AA lounges instead? I'm not dead set on the BA lounge if that's going to cause 'problems'. Which of the many AA lounges at PHL do people recommend. Somewhere reasonably quiet for a rest and a drink would be fine. One or two drinks rather than five - so voucher bar is OK.

3. Connections: I will obviously have to clear US immigration and then customs (but will try my best to travel hand baggage only) - is there a separate 'transfer' route through security, and if so does it have fast track? Or am I better off going fully landside and coming through regular departure security, which I assume must have fast track for OWE on AA domestic First...?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.