Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please indicate your weekend preference(s). Multiple choices are possible:
24-25 September 2016
45.45%
01-02 October 2016
90.91%
08-09 October 2016
54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GadgetGal

Date

1st - 2nd October 2016

Attendees:

Cymro
Chris1979
GadgetGal
haasha
hcuk94
KARFA
matthandy
Ringway
Theonewhocan'tbenamed +1

Activities:

Breakfast at Carette, Le Marais
10am on Saturday, 25 Place des Vosges, 75003 Paris.
Google maps link here
Yahillwe, BotB, Cymro, GadgetGal, Haasha, hcuk94, Ringway, matthandy

Afternoon
Non-formal Paris walking tour:
haasha, hcuk94, GadgetGal, Ringway, matt handy, KARFA

Pre- dinner drinks at 7pm: Le Fumoir Google maps link here

Dinner at 7:30pm

Choice 1
Chez La Vieille "Adrienne"
, currently closed but due to re-open in September Google maps link here
The dinner will cost around 60euros, 3 courses and a couple of glasses of wine. A private area area can be reserved in advance

Afterwards:
Jazz bar (venue TBC)
Print Wikipost

Paris Do, again?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by hcuk94
Well I'd be interested in breakfast if you're extending that invite to the do crowd. Ignore me if you just meant BotB!
certainly open to all for breakfast and the DO of course, we're an inclusive lot!

Would be great to meet you and any other new (to me) FTers. ^^
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
So, cloudman, should we include the breakfast on the wiki?

Let's say 10, at Carette. We can't buy things from the boulangerie and eat it at the place, but if the weather is nice enough we certainly can buy from any bakery and sit in Place Des Vogues. That is unless someone has a better place in mind.

We can even meet at the Champs de Mars, I can supply a list of bakeries nearby.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Booked for the Mélia La Défense - just across the bridge from Neuilly and convenient for the RER and Ligne 1 of the Métro.

I've surprised myself by not booking a Hilton property when the option has been available for the first time in a very long time.

Edit: doubt I'll make the start of breakfast at the Place des Vosges but can try to head there and arrive fashionably late.

Last edited by Cymro; Sep 7, 2016 at 11:57 am
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:47 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
So, cloudman, should we include the breakfast on the wiki?

Let's say 10, at Carette. We can't buy things from the boulangerie and eat it at the place, but if the weather is nice enough we certainly can buy from any bakery and sit in Place Des Vogues. That is unless someone has a better place in mind.

We can even meet at the Champs de Mars, I can supply a list of bakeries nearby.
Yes please! ^

I have now booked flights and can confirm I will be able to attend the petit dejeuner bit of the DO...

I'm actually flying in very late the night before so still considering where to stay and do need to be leaving back for the airport at 12:00 noon so will miss the better afternoon / evening activities but glad to be attending for some of it and hopefully meet some of you.

Looking forward to it ^

(and proof that it is not too late for anyone else thinking of coming along @:-) )
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I will try and make it to breakfast as I do not believe I have seen in you in over a year. Do you have any flight/hotel details for the wiki, BotB?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flights are booked.

I'll be on the BA326 20.40 departure on Friday night and then back on the BA319 16:40 departure back to LHR on Sunday.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by BotB
Yes please! ^

I have now booked flights and can confirm I will be able to attend the petit dejeuner bit of the DO...

I'm actually flying in very late the night before so still considering where to stay and do need to be leaving back for the airport at 12:00 noon so will miss the better afternoon / evening activities but glad to be attending for some of it and hopefully meet some of you.

Looking forward to it ^

(and proof that it is not too late for anyone else thinking of coming along @:-) )
Very good, I'll make the effort to make the breakfast then.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
I will try and make it to breakfast as I do not believe I have seen in you in over a year. Do you have any flight/hotel details for the wiki, BotB?
Excellent, yes, it's been a while and would be great to catch up in person. Look forward to seeing you again. ^

Re: wiki flight info...well, indeed, although very much an FT routing…

I’m going to be in MAD due to a conference (taking BA return flights to MAD) so that is my starting point…

Then trying out the long haul LAN 787 end hop in business on MAD - FRA - MAD so flying LA704/LA705 (30th/1st) with a second embedded set of flights now for the Paris DO being a Lufthansa trip FRA - CDG - FRA (LH 1050/LH1035) departing 20:35, arriving CDG at 21:45 on 30th and departing 14:30 on 1st..

It will be great to be back in Paris and see Yahillwe and of course the other FTers I have had the pleasure to meet before (and hopefully one or two new faces as well) during a lovely morning breakfast. ^

No hotel booked yet, not sure whether to stay at the airport as it is cheaper and just take a train in for the breakfast or go into the city (which is more expensive and only for a few hours anyway but potentially have a pint or two and meet up)

Look forward to seeing those that can make it for breakfast and wish I had more time to enjoy the events being planned for the evening (and thanks for taking some time out for me Yahillwe, and for organising the DO). ^^

Originally Posted by matthandy
Flights are booked.

I'll be on the BA326 20.40 departure on Friday night and then back on the BA319 16:40 departure back to LHR on Sunday.
^ Brilliant, hope we can catch up, great that you are going to be there.^

Originally Posted by haasha
Very good, I'll make the effort to make the breakfast then.
^ Excellent, been a while since I have had some dodgy beer in a back lane bar...(seriously, it will be great to meet up again). ^
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:46 pm

Flight and hotel updates have been added to the wiki.

Details of breakfast in Le Marais have also been added along with names of those who have expressed interest.

Please feel free to add your names to the activities in the wiki so we can keep track of numbers

Thanks

Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:28 am

Flight/Hotel info for wiki:

Flight out (Friday): FRA - CDG LH1050, 20:35d - BotB
Flight back (Sat): CDG - FRA LH1035, 14:30d - BotB

Hotel: Le Meridien Etoile.

Anyone else joining in for this lovely DO in a great city with our host Yahillwe?

Last edited by BotB; Sep 8, 2016 at 3:33 am
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Ok so here are some thoughts:

Some are arriving Friday night, if you guys would like, we can meet at a tapas bar, I just need to know how many would like to go and I can give a name and address.

Saturday:

Breakfast at Carette at 10. (site on the wiki).

After we can walk around or people can do whatever.

Meet for drinks at 5 (17) on the Seine, { I will provide the address later on}

Dinner: a couple of options: Le Richer (le richer restaurant paris) excellent food, only problem.... no reservations, so we have to line up,

OR:

A brand new place, not really new new, but refurbished and taken over by a great chef: Chez La Vieille http://wendylyn.paris/news-people/wo...ille-adrienne/. The dinner will cost around 60euros, 3 courses and a couple of glasses of wine.

Please please please, do let me know asap so that I can reserve it. We will have the whole top floor for us.

But I need to know asap. By September 23rd I need to let them know.

After dinner... well the night is all open.

The chef has 2 restaurants in Paris and one in NY and if the food wasn't exceptional I would have never suggested it.

Gadget gal... can you please please please help with the wiki. Thanks a million.ox
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:39 am

Well you all heard the lady

I have added the dinner options to the wiki, please indicate your preferences (in the wiki or the thread, as you like) by 22nd September so that Yahillwe can make arrangements

Thanks

Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I probably won't join for breakfast if that's ok.

For daytime things I would be happy to join the Paris walking tour if that happens.

For dinner Chez La Vieille sounds really good.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Chez La Vieille sounds good to me too. Just one question: What is the dress code in such places? I am usually dressed more suitably for a beach than formal dinner, so I need to plan my outfit accordingly.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haasha
Chez La Vieille sounds good to me too. Just one question: What is the dress code in such places? I am usually dressed more suitably for a beach than formal dinner, so I need to plan my outfit accordingly.
This is Paris.. no shorts/tshirts/flip flops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.