View Poll Results: Please indicate your weekend preference(s). Multiple choices are possible:
24-25 September 2016
45.45%
01-02 October 2016
90.91%
08-09 October 2016
54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Paris Do, again?

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 23, 16, 5:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: GadgetGal
Wiki Link

Date

1st - 2nd October 2016

Attendees:

Cymro
Chris1979
GadgetGal
haasha
hcuk94
KARFA
matthandy
Ringway
Theonewhocan'tbenamed +1

Activities:

Breakfast at Carette, Le Marais
10am on Saturday, 25 Place des Vosges, 75003 Paris.
Google maps link here
Yahillwe, BotB, Cymro, GadgetGal, Haasha, hcuk94, Ringway, matthandy

Afternoon
Non-formal Paris walking tour:
haasha, hcuk94, GadgetGal, Ringway, matt handy, KARFA

Pre- dinner drinks at 7pm: Le Fumoir Google maps link here

Dinner at 7:30pm

Choice 1
Chez La Vieille "Adrienne"
, currently closed but due to re-open in September Google maps link here
The dinner will cost around 60euros, 3 courses and a couple of glasses of wine. A private area area can be reserved in advance

Afterwards:
Jazz bar (venue TBC)
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 16, 16, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
This is Paris.. no shorts/tshirts/flip flops.

The horror!

Okay, I'll try to remember that so I don't end up eating alone at Maccy Ds.
Old Sep 16, 16, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BotB View Post
Anyone else joining in for this lovely DO in a great city with our host Yahillwe?
It's rather late in the day but if there is still room I would love joining in (many thanks to Yahillwe for this splendid initiative); for me this lovely DO on Saturday, 1 October would be the perfect accompaniment to the Arc, which will be on the following day (Sunday, 2 October), thus making this one a week-end to remember...

As for travel info and preferences I am afraid I sadly cannot edit the Wiki (too much lurking and not enough posting here it would seem) so here goes (perhaps someone could kindly add it in):

Flights/Hotels: N/A since I actually live in Paris.
Breakfast: Yes, with pleasure.
Restaurant: Both options look great but being able to be booked seems to give the edge to Chez La Vieille "Adrienne" in my humble opinion.
Walking Tour: Yes, with pleasure.
Old Sep 17, 16, 6:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Gold, HH D, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ringway View Post
It's rather late in the day but if there is still room I would love joining in (many thanks to Yahillwe for this splendid initiative); for me this lovely DO on Saturday, 1 October would be the perfect accompaniment to the Arc, which will be on the following day (Sunday, 2 October), thus making this one a week-end to remember...

As for travel info and preferences I am afraid I sadly cannot edit the Wiki (too much lurking and not enough posting here it would seem) so here goes (perhaps someone could kindly add it in):

Restaurant: Both options look great but being able to be booked seems to give the edge to Chez La Vieille "Adrienne" in my humble opinion.
Excellent, I'm sure Yahillwe will be along to say welcome as well and answer about the evening bookings (which I can't comment on) but it will be a pleasure to meet and share a lovely breakfast with you at the very least!

I'll add you to the wiki items and just add:

Anyone else interested in joining in at the last minute to this great DO? Open to all
Old Sep 17, 16, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Good afternoon all

Well, I've just booked my hotel - I am in the Crowne Plaza Paris-Republique.

I am arriving Friday evening - I land at 18:50 to give me a wee bit of time in Paris Friday night before the main proceedings on Saturday - now Yahillwe your suggestion of tapas is certainly of interest - though if haasha, KARFA and MattHandy are joining the proceedings it might be quite a late one due to their flight times. The other option I suppose is that we all sort ourselves out for dinner and meet up for a few drinks on the Friday later?

After breakfast on Saturday morning I am happy to go with the flow - the walking tour is of interest to me certainly, and I was hoping to pop up to Montmarte at some point during my trip, but I can do that alone. Drinks from 5pm sound good, and as for dinner; Chez La Vieille looks wonderful.

Well, 2 weeks to go. I am very much looking forward to another do and my first time in Paris.
Old Sep 17, 16, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Ringway View Post

Welcome and we are happy you will be joining us.

I wonder if you have posted your name to the wiki list.

I think we might be better at going to Chez La Vieille. Am hoping that they would be open by then, I was told that they would. Once am back in Paris I will contact them to confirm.
Old Sep 17, 16, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by haasha View Post

The horror!

Okay, I'll try to remember that so I don't end up eating alone at Maccy Ds.
Just for the dinner... Otherwise you are most welcome to eat anywhere, or you could stand outside and watch us eat a wonderful meal and drink great wines.
Old Sep 17, 16, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hcuk94 View Post
Good afternoon all

Well, I've just booked my hotel - I am in the Crowne Plaza Paris-Republique.

I am arriving Friday evening - I land at 18:50 to give me a wee bit of time in Paris Friday night before the main proceedings on Saturday - now Yahillwe your suggestion of tapas is certainly of interest - though if haasha, KARFA and MattHandy are joining the proceedings it might be quite a late one due to their flight times. The other option I suppose is that we all sort ourselves out for dinner and meet up for a few drinks on the Friday later?

After breakfast on Saturday morning I am happy to go with the flow - the walking tour is of interest to me certainly, and I was hoping to pop up to Montmarte at some point during my trip, but I can do that alone. Drinks from 5pm sound good, and as for dinner; Chez La Vieille looks wonderful.

Well, 2 weeks to go. I am very much looking forward to another do and my first time in Paris.
Pm me if you need any info about Paris.. places/restos/ etc etc/

If you are interested in museums and exhibitions I highly recommend those sites:

https://www.expointhecity.com

http://www.pariszigzag.fr/#

Am sure you guys can figure out how to get them in English.
Old Sep 18, 16, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Je viendrai :-)
Old Sep 18, 16, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
vendredi BA 336 avec hcuk94

hotel: MERCURE PARIS GARE DE L'EST MAGENTA HOTEL

dimanche BA 333 avec KARFA et hcuk94
Old Sep 19, 16, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post

Ze frenchie iz very good.

Welcome on board. I guess it will be a very intimate gathering and dinner.
Old Sep 19, 16, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post

et le «wiki» est fait
Old Sep 19, 16, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Zut.

For the second year in a row I'm missing out by a week.
Old Sep 19, 16, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal View Post
et le «wiki» est fait
Merci beaucoup!
Old Sep 19, 16, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dnajockey View Post
Zut.

For the second year in a row I'm missing out by a week.
Ahhh the golden triangle I see.
Old Sep 19, 16, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be there for breakfast and the walking tour. Looking forward to it. Oh, and dinner. Chez La Vieille "Adrienne" is my preference.

Search this Thread