Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please indicate your weekend preference(s). Multiple choices are possible:
24-25 September 2016
45.45%
01-02 October 2016
90.91%
08-09 October 2016
54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GadgetGal

Date

1st - 2nd October 2016

Attendees:

Cymro
Chris1979
GadgetGal
haasha
hcuk94
KARFA
matthandy
Ringway
Theonewhocan'tbenamed +1

Activities:

Breakfast at Carette, Le Marais
10am on Saturday, 25 Place des Vosges, 75003 Paris.
Google maps link here
Yahillwe, BotB, Cymro, GadgetGal, Haasha, hcuk94, Ringway, matthandy

Afternoon
Non-formal Paris walking tour:
haasha, hcuk94, GadgetGal, Ringway, matt handy, KARFA

Pre- dinner drinks at 7pm: Le Fumoir Google maps link here

Dinner at 7:30pm

Choice 1
Chez La Vieille "Adrienne"
, currently closed but due to re-open in September Google maps link here
The dinner will cost around 60euros, 3 courses and a couple of glasses of wine. A private area area can be reserved in advance

Afterwards:
Jazz bar (venue TBC)
Print Wikipost

Paris Do, again?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by BotB
Celebrating with you, in a round about fashion...

OW lounge for LAN 705 is a Lufty lounge so toasting you in true Oktoberfest style with a butter bretzel and a German half litre! I seem to have found the rain as well here in FRA...hoping that changes when I arrive in MAD a bit later.
Are you actually flying LAN - I was doing the opposite trip to you today and just got my LAN 787 swapped for an Iberia A340. The service was LAN - with the cutlery and champagne etc but the aircraft and crew were all Iberia. I was disappointed to begin with but the flight was great! The crew took a bit of time to figure out the difference to their norm which was quite amusing to watch!

I now just need to replan to actually fly the LAN 787!

I hope you all enjoyed the Paris DO - I met Karfa and Matthandy in the CCR before your trip which was lovely!

Aks120
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Indeed the plane was swapped out from a 787-900 to an older Iberia A340-600 but at least it flew me back to where I needed to be tonight so I can fly home Sunday!

Think the crew were a bit more familiar with the aircraft for its return leg but yes LAN meals and cutlery and IB plane!

I did get the 787 coming out to FRA and it was indeed lovely (up front). Will be curious what I get for my IB MAD to LHR today as I had a sub for that outbound as well (A340-300 IIRC) instead of the newer and nicer A330.

Hoping against hope I'll get a nice newer config aircraft tomorrow but as long as they get me home I'll be happy.

Did get a bit of a shock when I received an email in the lounge saying my FRA -MAD was cancelled! (Wasn't but it was substituted) :O

Hope you have better luck next time AKS120 and had a safe onward journey.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Wishing everyone a safe flight to wherever they are going.

I had a great time. Really. You ladies and gents were beyond perfect. Some of you put up with my constant teasing and needling.

You guys were really great troopers with all the walking.. and eating... and walking.

^ :-:
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
To be fair, I only joined in with the eating.

Am currently sitting in a café working and hoping that the food takes longer to come out so I don't have to face it.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
An early morning for me, but I made the flight and am now at LHR awaiting my second flight to head north.

What a great Do in Paris. I certainly don't think anyone could have left last night still feeling hungry. As with any Do organised by Yahillwe the food and drink were excellent, and so was the company.

I was thinking about this on the way back to my hotel last night, it really is the case that FT enables you to meet with all sorts of people from completely different background who you may not otherwise have encountered in life but share a passion for travel. Were it not for FT I would never have met Yahillwe and my life is certainly richer for it.

Looking forward to the next Paris Do ^
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Darn - I'd stopped looking at this thread and in the end could've made it. Flew back from Paris Friday evening

Looks like you all had a great time.^^

T
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
KARFA I absolutely agree - it was a very special experience and something that simply would not have happened if I were not an FTer - like so many experiences that are open to me either because of the site, or because I would not have known about them!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Some photos from the feast last night, taken by chris1979. It was all delicious

Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:53 am

Apart from the oysters most of those dishes could grace the BA F menu, be photographed and then posted here described as dog food or worse!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:27 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Thanks once again to Yahillwe for organising this lovely DO, GadgetGal for doing the wiki graphics and finally to those that got up early to come have an early (for Paris!) breakfast on your weekend away!

Agree with KARFA, it's been a real privilege to meet and share some new places, food, music and unique experiences with people from all walks of life. Long may that continue.

To those that have never been to a DO, try it out, you'll not regret it (besides wishing you had done so earlier). To those that do host any event, thank you for your time and efforts, they are appreciated and add to life's rich tapestry for the rest of us. ^^
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I can only echo the other comments - what a fantastic weekend with 'old' and 'new' friends!

massive big thank you to Yahillwe who hosted a truly memorable DO: from Friday night's great 'tapas' meal, to the late night stroll through Paris to breakfast and the walking 'tour' and a 'money can't buy' dining experience last night.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
An early morning for me, but I made the flight and am now at LHR awaiting my second flight to head north.

What a great Do in Paris. I certainly don't think anyone could have left last night still feeling hungry. As with any Do organised by Yahillwe the food and drink were excellent, and so was the company.

I was thinking about this on the way back to my hotel last night, it really is the case that FT enables you to meet with all sorts of people from completely different background who you may not otherwise have encountered in life but share a passion for travel. Were it not for FT I would never have met Yahillwe and my life is certainly richer for it.

Looking forward to the next Paris Do ^
Originally Posted by Cymro
KARFA I absolutely agree - it was a very special experience and something that simply would not have happened if I were not an FTer - like so many experiences that are open to me either because of the site, or because I would not have known about them!
Awwww guys, you humble me.

Am glad to Ft for introducing me to great people, really wonderful people. And as cloudman said, if you haven't been to a Do, you should. Don't be shy, everyone is very welcoming.

Am truly and really was very glad that you all came. Am very happy that everyone left content.

Next time, you'd better put on your dancing shoes... None of this "am tired and need my beauty rest" on the other hand maybe this is what keeps you young. But then if I the oldest one can keep going... so can you guys.

And next time.... please please please, DO.NOT.LEAVE early on sunday, you need to join me on my sunday breakfast... I go to the market, buy oysters..cheese..olives sausage.. fresh out of the over hot bread... go to the cafe around the corner from the market... open a dos (after a couple of coffees, of course) and indulge. You get to see REAL Parisians.. the ones with the missing tooth, the belly till here, the beret and just enjoy a leisure sunday morning.

AND if anyone one of you is in Paris and don't contact me, I'll send someone to break your legs.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
And a few words of appreciation from me.

Last night's dinner was truly stunning, and an experience far far above my usual calibre of evening meal.

Yahillwe, you are a wonderful host and I am eternally grateful for everything you organised for us. The rest of you were fantastic company so thank you for joining and great to meet you all. I only wish my voice had been working enough to be able to join in more conversation!

When is the next Paris do?

Old Oct 2, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hcuk94
And a few words of appreciation from me.

Last night's dinner was truly stunning, and an experience far far above my usual calibre of evening meal.

Yahillwe, you are a wonderful host and I am eternally grateful for everything you organised for us. The rest of you were fantastic company so thank you for joining and great to meet you all. I only wish my voice had been working enough to be able to join in more conversation!

When is the next Paris do?
Paris Karaoke Do you mean???
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I can only echo the sentiments expresd upthread: Yahillwe, as ever, was an amazing host. The brunch, walking tours and (excellent) dinner were all great fun, even more so with the company.

It was great to meet a couple of new people. Cymro, I will definitely remember you next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.