Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please indicate your weekend preference(s). Multiple choices are possible:
24-25 September 2016
45.45%
01-02 October 2016
90.91%
08-09 October 2016
54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GadgetGal

Date

1st - 2nd October 2016

Attendees:

Cymro
Chris1979
GadgetGal
haasha
hcuk94
KARFA
matthandy
Ringway
Theonewhocan'tbenamed +1

Activities:

Breakfast at Carette, Le Marais
10am on Saturday, 25 Place des Vosges, 75003 Paris.
Google maps link here
Yahillwe, BotB, Cymro, GadgetGal, Haasha, hcuk94, Ringway, matthandy

Afternoon
Non-formal Paris walking tour:
haasha, hcuk94, GadgetGal, Ringway, matt handy, KARFA

Pre- dinner drinks at 7pm: Le Fumoir Google maps link here

Dinner at 7:30pm

Choice 1
Chez La Vieille "Adrienne"
, currently closed but due to re-open in September Google maps link here
The dinner will cost around 60euros, 3 courses and a couple of glasses of wine. A private area area can be reserved in advance

Afterwards:
Jazz bar (venue TBC)
Print Wikipost

Paris Do, again?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Checked bag?

Yes, was there a meeting point & time for this?
Of course I have checked in a bag. I am bringing lots of stuff for a weekend away with you !

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Am glad that everyone is getting ready.

See you tonight Chris et al. Ellsworth has an L shaped bar, I will be sitting by the door around the wall... does that make sense???

I was thinking that since we are having breakfast in the Marais, we would walk around there and hit some "passages" and just get lost. Just like what my friend posted above. This is what we do here. It should be fun. And hopefully not raining.

The ones who can't make the casual dinner tonight (real casual... but NOT shorts ) we will see you tomorrow for breakfast... and the unmentionables who are way too busy driving fast cars... we will be seeing you for drinks tomorrow.

I hope that by now, you all have my tell #, am on what's app as well. You can always reach me anywhere.

Oh BTW since the resto is open just for us, you can wear shorts and flip flops , but it would be nicer not to.

It should be a great weekend.

There are some wonderful shows, museums etc, around, and many will be open on Saturday night. There is one of Oscar Wilde at Le Petit Palais.

http://www.petitpalais.paris.fr/en... unfortunately it is next to the Champs Elysee...But across the street from one of the most beautiful bridges.

Anything else I can do/help with or whatever???
Great.

I have a jacket for tomorrow in my checked bag. :-)

What time are we meeting tonight ?

Hcuk94 and I land at 7 ish
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Well.... I know that I had a great time tonight.

Am sorry for all the ones who missed it.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Well.... I know that I had a great time tonight.

Am sorry for all the ones who missed it.
As did I.. thank you and very much looking forward to tomorrow!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Greetings from a very beautiful Las Vegas. We are having great weather at the moment, my most favourite time to be here. The Lady Tobias and I are really disappointed we couldn't even attempt to join this little soirée, we certainly intend to make it to one of these Do de Paris () very soon.

Knowing the characters who are there, I'm certain y'all will have a great time. Please don't forget to toast absent friends just as The Lady Tobias and I are doing right now ^
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
En route on, involuntary downgrade to Club from Exit class on BA304. EU261 claim will be going in on Monday.

Still aiming to get to town for breakfast otherwise will improvise as the flight is very full.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
En route on, involuntary downgrade to Club from Exit class on BA304. EU261 claim will be going in on Monday.

Still aiming to get to town for breakfast otherwise will improvise as the flight is very full.
You have my #, you can always message me. Besides, once you land you can skip going to the hotel and just come and join us. The hotel will always be there.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
What a formidable start to the weekend with a great little dinner, get together and walk through nighttime Paris last night.

Just getting out of bed so may be a few mins late for breakfast (didn't quite get my required 8 hours beauty sleep......).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On my way (as I texted). Will be a few minutes late.

What a glorious day to wonder around the small streets of Paris.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks to Yahillwe for organising this lovely little DO, although I can't be there in person for this evening it was great to see and meet a few of you this morning for a spot of French breakfast on a glorious sunny morning (that is killing us with UV A)

Hope you all have a great time and enjoy Paris.

Until next time, safe travels!

Last edited by BotB; Oct 1, 2016 at 4:56 am Reason: Too early in the morning, quoting wrong person
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Thanks to Yahillwe for organising this lovely little DO, although I can't be there in person for this evening it was great to see and meet a few of you this morning for a spot of French breakfast on a glorious sunny morning (that is killing us with UV A)

Hope you all have a great time and enjoy Paris.

Until next time, safe travels!
Good to see you yesterday. I enjoyed our special time together in the taxi from CDG

Sadly I valued my sleep this morning a bit too much to make it to the breakfast, but it certainly looked like great weather to sit out and enjoy Paris. Hopefully see you soon.

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 1, 2016 at 5:00 am
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:05 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
Good to see you yesterday. I enjoyed our special time together in the taxi from CDG

Sadly I valued my sleep this morning a bit too much to make it to the breakfast, but it certainly looked like great weather to sit out and enjoy Paris. Hopefully see you soon.
Indeed, was good to catch up even if briefly! I don't blame you for sleeping a bit longer as we all got in quite late and you have the full DO ahead of you! (I could do a quick in and out before I overstayed my welcome and still managed to be the doomsayer at breakfast!)

Suffice it to say your skin is all the healthier for the lie in!

I'm certain you'll all have a great time and wish I could have stayed longer to be in the company of such lovely people...as it is, I'm Billy no mates now at CDG T1 waiting for the first of three flights back to the UK

Last edited by BotB; Oct 1, 2016 at 5:13 am
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Breakfast.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Those guys are enjoying the Parisian life.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:47 am

Our post dinner walk last night
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:29 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Celebrating with you, in a round about fashion...

OW lounge for LAN 705 is a Lufty lounge so toasting you in true Oktoberfest style with a butter bretzel and a German half litre! I seem to have found the rain as well here in FRA...hoping that changes when I arrive in MAD a bit later.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.