Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
Personally, I like the aisle, so would go for 39H.
Also, if you go for 39K you run the risk of your legroom being encroached upon by the "bump" at the emergency exit door. I know some people find this an asset for resting their legs on, but I've seen cabin crew telling people off for doing this.

Old May 9, 2019, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Exit row window seats can get very cold.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Row 39 on the 235Y 747 has a bulkhead in front of it.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
Row 39 on the 235Y 747 has a bulkhead in front of it.
I was just going to say that.

39K has a window but less ease of access.

39H is on the aisle so ease of access. Can spread out slightly more.

Both seats have fixed armrests, where the trays are also stored, and IFE comes from under the seat.

Having flown in 39H on Sunday evening, I know my preference... 1A!
Old May 9, 2019, 11:45 pm

I found 39K seat width restrictive flying LHR-CPT due to the table stowage in the arm rest. Also the IFE monitor kept free falling back down so it needed a chunk of Highlife magazine wedged in the hinge to prevent it from moving.... Which it still did.
While you're able to stretch your legs, depending on how well the 2 seats in front are settled, it's not the easiest of seats to clamber in and out of and there's definitely an invasion of row 38's space when doing this.
Out of 39H and 39K, I'd probably opt with 39H in future.
Row 38 on the other hand... Great seats (if you can move there)

​​​​​​
Old May 10, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I found 39K seat width restrictive flying LHR-CPT due to the table stowage in the arm rest. Also the IFE monitor kept free falling back down so it needed a chunk of Highlife magazine wedged in the hinge to prevent it from moving.... Which it still did.
While you're able to stretch your legs, depending on how well the 2 seats in front are settled, it's not the easiest of seats to clamber in and out of and there's definitely an invasion of row 38's space when doing this.
Out of 39H and 39K, I'd probably opt with 39H in future.
Row 38 on the other hand... Great seats (if you can move there)
​​​​​​
You are confusing row 29 and 39. 39 definitely has a bulkhead in front of it. Refer posts above.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
777-200 203y

What are people's thoughts on seat 39B in the 203Y version of the 777-200? I got allocated 39B, which is the aisle seat in a solitary pair right down the back. The BA Source has these two seats marked in green. I've always opted for the smaller Y cabin over the wings on these planes, but wondering if I should branch out. Or since I'm travelling by myself should I move anyway to leave these available to a couple?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
LGW refitted 777 WT

Flying the refitted WT 777 for first time soon and I am curious about people’s experience with the twin seats at the rear!! I like the idea of not having a stranger beside us especially for the over night flight home. Do they feel any narrower than other seats or noisy been so close to rear. Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Can you use your own personal headphones “Beats” to listen to IFE or is an adaptor required ??
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Flying the refitted WT 777 for first time soon and I am curious about people’s experience with the twin seats at the rear!! I like the idea of not having a stranger beside us especially for the over night flight home. Do they feel any narrower than other seats or noisy been so close to rear. Thanks
Not been in the rear twin seats but here is a review of the LGW 777 twin seats from a Google search. Not the best review re views but nevertheless one of the very few I could find with detail re the experience of the twin seats.

As for the Beats question I have no idea, sorry.

HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
I was going to recommend those seats to my brother in law and niece on the EZE route when they come over in November. They're the seats I'd choose if it was the wife who were flying despite having to pay for them.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi All,

I am on a Hi-J 747 in Y (145 seats) unfortunately, I have the choice of 40C or 39H (both front row aisle seats). Anyone know which one is better? I am thinking the one that is furthest away from the toilet so minimise the amount of people standing beside the seat.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
40C is better.
jamesreid978 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:05 am

I have a flight SEA-LHR next spring., seats selected are 36J and K. Selected those due to just being two seats. I checked my booking and was offered 305.00 upgrade to Prem Econ. Note, thanks to poster, I used the BA source page to see the right configuration as seat guru didn't seem to have it. 777-200ER I just returned yesterday from a trip to SYD and had Prem Econ coming and going, and biz for flights within Australia. Two of the short biz flights, I was in lay flat. The long flights (Qamtas and DL) was bearable, went quick, no back issues.

Spring flight this past year SEA-ZAG on Lufthansa I was in econ on 747 and it wasn't bad at all.

So the question is, is the upgrade to PE worth it on this plane type, is there a noticeable difference? Still plenty of availability per Expert Flyer. I might as well ask about bulkhead while I'm at it. My only bad experience with bh was a DL ATL-BCN where the leg space was poor.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Best 747 (744) Economy Seats?

I just booked a reward flight to LAX on a 744 and back in mid-November.

It looks like pretty much all seats are available to choose from!

Where is the best place to sit on Economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.