Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge at CPH?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Which Lounge at CPH?

Doing my first ex-EU from CPH in July, and seem to have three Lounge options - two from Priority Pass (which won't cost me anything): Aviator and Aspire, plus the BA option of Novia.

I'll have around 3 hours to kill after positioning flight - which lounge would you all recommend, and which one should I definitely avoid?

I'm flying CPH - LHR in J, then LHR to JFK in F.

Thanks for any guidance!

Last edited by awtgiven; Jun 11, 2016 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Pretty sure Aviator is the BA option? See screenshot below.

Both the Aviator and the Apartment are the same place, you just go off in a different direction from the front desk - in my experience there's very minimal difference between the two, except maybe the Apartment Lounge is less busy.

No experience of the Aspire lounge there - do you have to pay the £15 entry fee with your priority pass still? If so it's likely not worth it.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:48 am

I can't comment on a lounge, but i ate a dish of freshly made pasta bolognese in the terminal kiosk while waiting for a flight. It was so good I re-ordered!

Last edited by boboqui; Jun 11, 2016 at 5:55 am
Old Jun 11, 2016, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks hcuk94. My Priority Pass came free with work credit card and has a number of free visits to it, so I won't need to pay.

I'm guessing the Novia lounge as mentioned in MMB is the aviator lounge so not three lounges after all. Cheers!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Been to both Aspire and Aviator Lounge this spring. The Aspire one is available also for Finnair business class passengers though there's a dedicated Qatar area at the end of the lounge. Only one but very big disadvantage: the Danes are heavy smoker and the ventilation of the smoking room in this lounge didn't function too well so the smoke spread all over the lounge. Hope they have fixed that!

Aviator Business Lounge can get quit busy in the early mornings and late afternoons but otherwise it's the nicer one of these two. Breakfast available in the morning and light meals like soups later. Also nice view over the tarmac.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Skip the lounge and head into town. It's 10-15 min with the metro which leaves from inside the terminal.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:36 am

The apartment lounge is best as it is usually less crowded. Nothing special on offer in any of the lounges. However there are some good restaurants if you want to eat.

Metro takes 20 minutes to the city center. Go to Kongens Nytorv station and head to Nyhavn for a beer and quick lunch and then back to the airport.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by juniordk2000
Metro takes 20 minutes to the city center. Go to Kongens Nytorv station and head to Nyhavn for a beer and quick lunch and then back to the airport.
Nyhavn is very atmospheric but extortionate. If that's where you are heading then have a Danish hotdog and Cocio from the hotdog stand and take stroll up and gown. If the hotdog isn't enough the sample some excellent pastry from Lagkage huset. If the bridge is working you could walk across to the opera and then walk through Christianshavn back to the metro. That would probably take you about an hour and half
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:43 am
Original Poster

It's start of a long journey to New Orleans, so I just want to be a layabout in the lounge with Netflix and a glass of Pinot ahead of spending a couple of hours in the CCR.

As I have an F ticket, I'l have have a go for the Apartment lounge.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Freccia Alta, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've not visited the Apartment (they seem to limit numbers and redirect you next door instead) so have been in the Aviator and Aspire lounges.

If you can't get into Apartment, don't bother with Aviator - turn around and head for Aspire.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC
There are some airports where I'd happily build in a slightly longer layover to spend a bit of time in the lounge. Places like HKG, LAX, SYD, DOH and perhaps even LHR.

There are other airports where the offerings in the terminal are so much better than the lounges that going to the lounge becomes a poor decision.

CPH is one of the latter.

I'd recommend going to the bar/restaurant Le Sommelier, having a nice glass of champagne with some oysters followed by a steak and a decent claret. The service is friendly, the food is very good and you won't feel like you're in a tarted up ikea store. Perhaps then waddle out onto the terrace for some nice views over the airport.

Trust me, it's a far nicer way to start your journey than any of the CPH lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.