Search

Time to post purchased BA Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Alitalia STE+
Time to post purchased BA Avios

Hi all,

Last night I purchased a few thousand Avios from BAEC (I know, I missed the sale).

The points haven't yet posted to my account and after calling BA this morning they've said it could take up to five working days...

I appreciate that it does say this on the form but it also says "In most cases your Avios will appear in your account immediately".

Problem is I need the Avios for a last minute redemption flight departing Tuesday.

Could anybody else shed a light on how long approximately it's taken to post points to their account?

THANK YOU!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:53 am

I know it's not the answer that you wished for, but each time I had to purchase a few thousand avios, they were immediately added to my account.
Interesting to learn that it can effectively take longer... Fingers crossed for you and your redemption flight
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Alitalia STE+
Originally Posted by lcheval
I know it's not the answer that you wished for, but each time I had to purchase a few thousand avios, they were immediately added to my account.
Interesting to learn that it can effectively take longer... Fingers crossed for you and your redemption flight
You'd expect it to be so. Am now attempting to tweet my way to getting it put through quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.