Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Flying on a 4 class 777-200ER in W in a few weeks on BA142 back from Delhi. Always want to sit next the window however only one available is 24K. Can see on here that this seat will have full recline however what do people think of this vs 21J Bulkhead? Are the toilets really that disturbing?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
The fights to and from SAN and SFO this Nov seem to be 747s and I've read only part of the BA fleet is refurbished. Are the armrests still solid and is there still an entertainment controller in the armrest? I am a larger lady, I find the armrests and table a bit more uncomfortable in WTP but my semi disabled husband needs the extra legroom. I had hoped WTP refurb would change to the seats with moveable armrests but I have read that only the fabric has been changed on 747 is that correct?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The refurbished B744 WT plus seats do not have moveable armrest, the new seats in the B787/B777 and A380 have moveable armrests on the aisle side.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Solo traveller MCO-LGW r/t may 2019 3 Class 777

Daughter is travelling solo from MCO to meet me in London in May. I assume the 3 class 777 out of LGW will be refurbished by then with lots more seats in WT+
is there a row thats advantageous for either segment ? Likely to prebook a seat to ensure choice : usually a window: both ways. Advantages in terms of decreased noise, food choice to London (i assume she can prebook out of Gatwick) view from window.
Cant find much on the new set up.
Many thanks in advance
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
Question for the experts on WTP seating:

i have a flight LHR-BOS on a 744 in seat 34 J. Is this likely to be the revamped WTP? I like the aisle, but is there a better seat?

I've been offered a POUG to CW for about $550. If I do upgrade will I need to pay more to select a seat in advance? How can I tell if there are seats available on the upper deck?

Any thoughts welcome.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Am I right in thinking that the bulkhead seats in Row 33 are the best choice in WTP on the super hi-J 747s? Any particular seat better than the others, or are they all much of a muchness?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Am I right in thinking that the bulkhead seats in Row 33 are the best choice in WTP on the super hi-J 747s? Any particular seat better than the others, or are they all much of a muchness?
Woo hoo - something I can help with - I have *just* got off the High-J in WTP.

My thoughts:
  • If you're trying to sleep in a WTP seat - I find NOT being at the bulkhead better. Reason being is that your legs can stretch out fully in front of you. At any bulkhead - it prevents 'full stretch'.
  • I also prefer the 'footrest on the seat in front' style than the 'footrest on the leg rest' style of the bulkhead.
  • If you're likely to be hopping in and out of the seat a lot (and like a window) - row 33 is probably for you - you can easily step over the person beside you in a CW style 'hop'.
  • I also like bulkheads (generally) in WTP for the cot position - assuming there isn't a baby there - it makes a great laptop/ipad rest when the meal comes.
  • Row 34 at the back on the right side (the J/K side) is right in front of the toilet, but I haven't found that a bother myself when I've sat there - others might.
So my general rule of thumb is 'bulkhead for day flight', 'non-bulkhead window for night flight'.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Woo hoo - something I can help with - I have *just* got off the High-J in WTP.

My thoughts:
  • If you're trying to sleep in a WTP seat - I find NOT being at the bulkhead better. Reason being is that your legs can stretch out fully in front of you. At any bulkhead - it prevents 'full stretch'.
  • I also prefer the 'footrest on the seat in front' style than the 'footrest on the leg rest' style of the bulkhead.
  • If you're likely to be hopping in and out of the seat a lot (and like a window) - row 33 is probably for you - you can easily step over the person beside you in a CW style 'hop'.
  • I also like bulkheads (generally) in WTP for the cot position - assuming there isn't a baby there - it makes a great laptop/ipad rest when the meal comes.
  • Row 34 at the back on the right side (the J/K side) is right in front of the toilet, but I haven't found that a bother myself when I've sat there - others might.
So my general rule of thumb is 'bulkhead for day flight', 'non-bulkhead window for night flight'.
Very helpful indeed, thank you!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've picked 24B on my next WT+ next month. Second row from the back of whatever aircraft I'm on.
Was going to choose the bulkhead but after ending up with an infant (who used the bassinet) next to me (and whom was no real problem noise wise) on my last overnight from LAX, I would rather sit further back as 2 out of 3 of my last WT+ flights have had empty seats back there. Afternoon flight so shouldn't be too bad (64K in CW on the overnight return though)
crazyanglaisy likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by MPH1980
A minor point but that's row 35. Personally I wouldn't choose the bulkhead on the 747 but on the A380 row 61 window pairs have excellent legroom and full stretch unless your very tall (my guesstimate would be over 6'3 ish).

British Airways B747-400 14F/86J/30W/145Y Seat Map

I liked the 747 WTP cabin on the Hi-J and likewise the toilet wasn't an issue at all.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
A minor point but that's row 35. Personally I wouldn't choose the bulkhead on the 747 but on the A380 row 61 window pairs have excellent legroom and full stretch unless your very tall (my guesstimate would be over 6'3 ish).

British Airways B747-400 14F/86J/30W/145Y Seat Map

I liked the 747 WTP cabin on the Hi-J and likewise the toilet wasn't an issue at all.
You're absolutely right. I was sat in row 34 today but got confused when I was responding to the post and thought I was in row 33 :-)

Not experience the A380 bulkhead WTP - so I'll take your word for that - only done one WTP on the A380 and I didn't get a bulkhead that journey.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:24 am

Good morning! In WTP Mid-J overnight, is 12K or 15A better? Booked via AMEX Travel - what is the best way to check for a paid or Avios upgrade? Thanks very much.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
We are flying SFO - LHR. We are in WT+ currently 34 A/B. We've only flown BA in premium economy/AKA WT+ once before a few years ago. The seats had a leg rest (not the foot rest) and we loved it! Do the 747's still have the seats with leg rests? I think this might be the 86J version??

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes they do.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m booked in WT+ for May return flights from LHR to MIA. Looks like it’s a 747 56J both ways. I’ve got 11J on the way out & 12G on the night flight home. What’s 11J like? I’m 6ft 6 so never particularly comfortable in WT+ but that’s what company travel policy dictates, and I’m not the least bit tempted by the 1700 upgrade to Club offer! I’ll be checking for Avios upgrade availability regularly (there’s nothing at the moment), but I have the option of row 11 or 12, and prefer bulkhead seats so I don’t get reclined into. Any options on whether 11 or 12 is best? Someone suggested as a GCH, 11K would be blocked out, but that doesn’t sound right to me?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.