Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by lloydy22
We are on the A380 in November. We purposely chose 67 A and B so we can recline our seats without bothering anybody behind us. To be honest it doesnt really matter now, However, would you say these seats will be affected a lot by the toilets being directly behind us?
67B is bad, really bad. Somehow most of the traveling folks are still either too stupid to decently open the curtain, or have no objection of intruding your personal space while waiting for the bathroom.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thoughts on the best WT+ seat for a solo traveller on the 86J 747? I generally prefer aisles. Any infinite legroom options, à la 28B/J on the old 70J configuration?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I've just secured 33D for an 86J flight this weekend, so will report back on the legroom front (assuming an op-up to CW doesn't materialise...)

Last edited by Deltus; Aug 11, 2016 at 2:47 am
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Deltus
I've just secured 33D for an 86J flight this weekend, so will report back on the legroom front (assuming an op-up to CW doesn't materialise...)
Many thanks. I also booked the 86J flight hoping for an op-up, perhaps both of us won't need the advice...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by conklaven
How often does the last row of WT+ on the 777-300 not get first choice of meal? is it a rare occurrence or something I should take into consideration if picking those seats.
We had that row last year on a trip to SEA. Two of us pre-booked our meal while another didn't. The pre-booked meals arrived before all others while the other in our party had to have what was left so I'd advise pre-booking a meal if possible.

Other than the catering problem we found the last row nice and comfy.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I am flying LHR-MEX in two weeks time, it will be an old interior 747 in WT+.

Initially I had chosen seats 13B, I like to be on the isle for easy access, but I read somewhere that seat 15A, even thought being on the window, has enough room to squeeze around the back of the seat as to not disturb 15B. Does anyone have any info on this? or heard similar?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Yes you can definitely squeeze out of 15A as you describe as I've been in that seat. As long as you're average size so to speak.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:06 pm

To report back on the 86J 747 WT+ cabin, I can recommend the bulkhead aisle (33D). Not "infinite" legroom, but felt like plenty - I could *almost* fully straighten my legs (and I'm 6'5"), or I could poke my feet through the curtain into the CW cabin for a bit if I wanted a proper stretch. Plenty of space for the guy in the middle seat to step out without bothering me (although he did have to step over my feet when my footrest was extended).

The IFE was as good as expected too - big clear screen, no lag when scrolling through the menu options... My biggest issue with the cabin design was the difficulty in getting the table out when your screen was out as well - it opens directly into where the screen is, so you need to push your screen down to open and close your table. Also, the screen arm is incredibly stiff - I had to use both hands to pull it out from its stowed position.

Reasonably good overall though.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
To report back on the 86J 747 WT+ cabin, I can recommend the bulkhead aisle (33D). Not "infinite" legroom, but felt like plenty - I could *almost* fully straighten my legs (and I'm 6'5"), or I could poke my feet through the curtain into the CW cabin for a bit if I wanted a proper stretch.
Thanks for that! Did you happen to see how 33B might compare to 33D?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
Thanks for that! Did you happen to see how 33B might compare to 33D?
Yeah, it looked very similar in terms of legroom, and obviously with the added bonus of being closer to the window. It had already been taken by the time the front row seats opened up for me, but 33B would probably be my preferred seat in the whole cabin.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:13 am

777 lgw-mco

Is it likely that we would get a refurbished 777 for our trip in October outward and returning in November?

If it is a plane that hasn't been refurbished then what's the entertainment like? Just wondering if I should save some of my box sets for on the flights?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by jk156
Really useful thread, thanks for getting this going.

Is there material to add the three-row WTP layout on the four class 777-200 (the three non-ER 772s - G-ZZZA/B/C)? SeatGuru and SeatExpert deny its existence, but it's actually a very nice and intimate WTP cabin with the new hard product.
Ah, I was looking for the seat map for my flight and I think this may be the one! It is rows 18-20. Would anyone happen to know if the arm rests go down in the new WTP, excluding front and exit rows?

Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by dramamime
Ah, I was looking for the seat map for my flight and I think this may be the one! It is rows 18-20. Would anyone happen to know if the arm rests go down in the new WTP, excluding front and exit rows?

Thank you!
Do you mean go up?

Anyway, all armrests in WTP are fixed/immovable.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Only the aisle armrests go up in new WT plus.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Doh, yes I meant go up. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.