Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 4:12 am

BA0113 777 WTP seating query LHR-JFK

Hello everyone, I'm a little confused with the seating availability on BA0113 on 31st Aug. The BA seat selection is only showing rows 21-24 available so I'm unsure which version of the 777 this is as I believe WTP is rows 21-25?. We are currently travelling two groups of two and looks like only the aisle seats across row 21 are available if that's the row to choose so not sure which is the next best. Any advice on which seats to choose would be helpful.

Last edited by aisleorwindow1985; May 21, 2018 at 5:44 am
Old May 21, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow1985
The BA seat selection is only showing rows 21-24 available so I'm unsure which version of the 777 this is as I believe WTP is rows 21-25?
This is the configuration with WT+ in 21-24: British Airways B777-200ER 12F/48J/32W/127Y Seat Map

I'm not sure if I understand the problem with finding either two pairs or four together, as this is the seat map that I see:-
Code:
        A   B       D   E   F   G       J   K   
21  W   X   -       -   X   X   -       -   X   W   
22  W   +   H       -   -   -   H       H   +   W   
23  W   -   -       H   +   +   H       H   +   W   
24  W   +   H       H   +   +   H       H   +   W   
        A   B       D   E   F   G       J   K
Old May 21, 2018, 5:41 am

Ah many thanks. I think was just getting confused as seatguru shows rows 21-25 as WT+ instead of 21-24 so I wasn't sure if I was looking at the correct seatmap. Thanks!
Old May 21, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow1985
I think was just getting confused as seatguru shows rows 21-25 as WT+ instead of 21-24 ...
There are configurations with WT+ in 21-25, but so far as BA aircraft are concerned seatguru is often incomplete and outdated!
Old May 21, 2018, 5:48 am

I'll definitely keep that in mind with seatguru - and thanks for the link to thebasource. Excellent site
Old May 21, 2018, 6:10 pm

In post #196 a few months ago I wrote:

"I am soon going to be new to flying WT+ with BA, and have no status. I really like LH PE to Europe but it has gotten too darn expensive. I would appreciate advice on what seats to pick for the following:

I have two trips upcoming to LHR to book, and I have a choice of WT+ on an A380-800 (in and out of SFO) or WT+ on an A787-9 (in and out of SJC), about the same price. Though I am closer to SJC I could easily manage to fly in and out of SFO, or do a multi-city combination.

Most important to me are:
1. I usually do aisle seats (for easy and frequent access to the loo, so as not to drive my seat mate nuts, and to be able to dash when it is free), and
2. to be able to use the maximum recline allowed in WT+ (except during meals) and use a foot rest (I have back and joint problems), and
3. ability to put a moderate sized but stuffed backpack either under the seat in front of me, or into a private bin that would allow me access to it during take-off, landing, and turbulence and thus guarantee not having to have my pack checked because there is no overhead space. My pack is full of my essential meds and my long trips would be disasters if my meds were lost due to having to be checked.

I hate the IFE boxes that modern planes so often have now that prevent me from stowing my pack, or having to put my pack into the overhead in business class at take-off and landing and not have access during turbulence when you are trapped under your seat belt.

IFE access and food quality or choices are unimportant.
​​​​​​​
Toilet smells and people changing diapers on the seat next to me are not desirable, but if needed, I know how to breathe through my mouth "

UPDATE:
Well, after hours or research and help from kind folks here a few months ago, I landed up booking two trips, one late May and one in August, out of SJC-LHR, connecting on to other parts of Europe and back. Flights were PE on the long hauls, coach intra-Europe, good price, good seats (though extra pay in advance). Thought I was all set.

But, there are more important things than where you sit in PE on BA -- like having an airline that does not advance cancel flights once you are into the high pricing period, presumably because they are not selling well.

Yesterday my online booker called and told me BA had cancelled the entire return LHR-SJC I had booked in PE, so they could either refund the payment (in "8 weeks or so") or rebook me on fights they offered. Bottomline after two hours with customer service (including supervisor) was that the rebooked return would be in coach all the way, connecting either ORD or Dallas, no PE offered from LHR to anywhere in US. I told them I could do coach from those entry cities to home, either SJC or SFO, and I could see multiple flight options online that would get me home the same day, in PE into US with coach connections after that, but bottomline per Expedia was that BA "special representative" informed them their policy is:

1. BA refused to rebook into SFO, under any circumstance, because it is a different city than SJC -- PE seats were open.
2. BA refused to book me into open PE seats on my return date to ORD or Dallas because if I took a flight in PE from LHR then I would have to connect on an AA flight that is not a codeshare with BA to SJC.
3. BA refused to let me, as a final option I suggested, just fly with them into ORD, and then PAY CASH for coach leg on AA out of ORD into SJC, so I could at least get the 10 hours from LHR into US in PE (that was not possible because it was a different destination than original booking)
4. BA refused to pay for my hotel or to/from airport transport if I were to fly the next day, in PE (not to mention losing a work day), would be on my own dime.

I landed up having them cancel the booking, agree to refund my fees (including my seat fees and trip insurance) "in eight weeks" or more, and I then booked on LH in PE, at a high short notice fare and with limited seat choices, but at least I will get there and back on time in PE (unless they cancel too!). This is something I probably should have done in the first place, instead of researching BA seat details -- should have researched BA reputation for advance flight cancellations independent of acute weather or mechanical problems, which apparently is not good! It is important to note that if you book PE and they cancel your flight, they downgrade you into coach if there are no PE flights following the precise itinerary, even if seats are available in PE on other connection options. They would have to send a gurney to pick me up after 10 hours in international coach on BA or any other airline with the tiny seat pitches they have in coach these days.

As the SFO-LHR and back flights with PE are still going (though they bizarrely would not allow me on them, despite THEIR canceling my original booking), perhaps they are selling better than the SJC runs that time of year, or maybe that is a pattern.

Now I hope that 1) I get my actual refund on my CC, and 2) that my August flights to LHR out of SJC are not cancelled short notice too!

If I ever absolutely have to book BA, I will book out of SFO, a more solidly established route to LHR that out of SJC, to increase my odds of not having the flight cancelled at a bad time for new rebooking. Meanwhile, I will try and avoid it, given the rebooking rigidity.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ermdjdsj
In post #196 a few months ago I wrote:
Considering you're no newbie to FT, why not use the Quote option instead of retyping/copying your original post? Much easier and neater...

But, there are more important things than where you sit in PE on BA -- like having an airline that does not advance cancel flights once you are into the high pricing period, presumably because they are not selling well.
instead of researching BA seat details -- should have researched BA reputation for advance flight cancellations independent of acute weather or mechanical problems
While I understand your frustration, it really wouldn't take too much research to find out the reasons for cancelations have nothing to do with how well or not they are tickets are selling on the route, but down to the engine issues with the Dreamliners, so you presumed wrong.

On a side note, despite your original post regarding these flights being about seat choices, this one is totally OT, and the whole point of this thread is helping people choose the best WTP seats and find information about them. You would have been better off starting a new thread about it, and most likely got far more responses as well as a result. Just a thought...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub
I've booked LHR to LAS in October for my brother's stag party and have selected row 12 for the four of us that are travelling in WTP.
I am aware that there is no footrest for the bulkhead seats - BA should really consider introducing a stowable footrest for the front row like VA have.
However, will there be any issue should I wish to use my carry-on luggage as my own footrest? Obviously will be stowed overhead for take-off and landing.

Last edited by FinnRolo; Sep 6, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The seats you have chosen are by a bulkhead with a legrest with a footrest attached.
FinnRolo likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I've just booked myself onto two 747-400 flights in WTP for next week and the week after, and wanted to punt a few questions across...

First flight is the BA275 LHR-LAS on the 744. I've grabbed 11J right now, but is perhaps 12J the better bet as I've read that the bulkhead seats aren't ideal in the old 744s? Also - 12J seems to have more legroom in front of it (maybe because of the partition), but perhaps that's a trick? I'm average height (5foot10inches) and I've decided to nab an aisle seat so that I could grab my laptop (and other toys) from the overhead without disturbing any fellow passengers.

Also - given rows 11-16, I take it this is the old configuration plane with the old IFE?

Next flight is the BA172 JFK-LHR also on the 744. I've grabbed 33J here (so I assume it's the refurbished cabin with new IFE). Again given that you can't slide your feet under the seat in front on the bulkhead, is 34J maybe better? I may yet grab 34A and snooze all the way - it's an overnight flight, after all...

Also - I picked the 747 out of JFK simply because it seemed to have the most Club World availability. I'm partially hedging my bets that there might be a free upgrade (this flight is in two weeks's time) and there's lots of CW space, but also because there's currently Avios availability and - if I'm dead keen on snoozing - might just do a last minute UuA.

It's an incredibly first-world problem, but any feedback on seating in the bulkhead seats, as opinion seems to be mixed? I'm thinking that - given my height - those seats are pretty sweet? :P

(P.S - I'd check if the cabin had been refreshed using this thread - Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh, but I don't think the aircraft numbers are published a week in advance?)

Last edited by RandomStan; Jul 13, 2018 at 9:44 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomStan
First flight is the BA275 LHR-LAS on the 744. ... Also - 12J seems to have more legroom in front of it (maybe because of the partition), but perhaps that's a trick?
12J is at standard pitch. What you see on the seat map is an artefact caused by the need to insert the graphic for the bulkheads and bassinet in front of other parts of row 12.
Also - I picked the 747 out of JFK simply because it seemed to have the most Club World availability. I'm partially hedging my bets that there might be a free upgrade (this flight is in two weeks's time) and there's lots of CW space, but also because there's currently Avios availability and - if I'm dead keen on snoozing - might just do a last minute UuA.
If there is Avios availability to UuA into CW, do it now. If you don't, then I would place a small wager that (a) at the "last minute" there won't be any Avios availability; (b) you will be wishing that you had already UuAd; and (c) you then won't get an op-up. The last is simply Murphy's law at work.
It's an incredibly first-world problem, but any feedback on seating in the bulkhead seats, as opinion seems to be mixed? I'm thinking that - given my height - those seats are pretty sweet?
It's the usual thing: bulkhead seats are good for face room and knee room, but not so good for foot room (because standard seats allow you to stretch your feet further forward). The key is really to ask yourself which bit of your anatomy is usually the limiting factor in a seat. If your knees are usually banging into the seat in front (which is quite hard to imagine in WT+), then a bulkhead might be better, but you will be sitting closer to upright than you might be in a standard seat.
RandomStan likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Some photos of 23K on the 77W. It was something of a novelty for me to travel in World Traveller Plus, albeit with Euro Traveller service (or lack of) as this was a MAD-LHR sector.

I found the seat spacious and comfortable, although the position of the USB ports is a little odd.

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's? Is there a way to see images of the cabin? BA0059 is the flight.

trying to decide if it’s worth paying the extra bit for Club.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrogTastic
Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's?
IIRC, in general this route is operated by the 52J aircraft, most of which have not (yet) been refreshed.

CW will be the same on both configurations, though - I think that the main difference between the configurations in that cabin is the improved IFE (on the whole aircraft).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:12 am

Hi all,

Have some an upcoming flight from HKG - LHR on 77W in WTP. I am normally an aisle seat kind of guy, but would like to have a window seat on this occasion. Is it possible to get out of the window seat without the aisle seat having to get up? Or realistically am I better off going for the aisle seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.