Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Goodbye to hot food in Euro Traveller on LHR Band 4’s

Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:25 am

Enhancements strike again
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Deep joy. Another great enhancement courtesy of BA.

I love the 'superior' chilled product line. Spin, spin, spin.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Hearing some reports of a reduced product in WT coming soon, will let you know if it turns out to be true.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
This means that there will no longer be hot meals on any Euro Traveller routes, right?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, all cold meals round tripped from London.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:43 am

Smart move, I can't imagine most travellers expect a hot meal in economy in BA, and those that do would never be able to understand the secret differences between the bands and times. Also makes CE look better in comparison.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:46 am

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much an enhancement like this saves per passenger?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Does anyone have a rough idea of how much an enhancement like this saves per passenger?
Not sure about that, but it might cost them more in futures sales. If I lived in ATH, for example, I'd definitely choose Aegean over BA now. On a 4 hour flight they're going to give me a boring roll...it'll end up like the DME special!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:50 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Hearing some reports of a reduced product in WT coming soon, will let you know if it turns out to be true.
But didn't they only (relatively) recently upgrade the WT meal??? I don't mean the opportunity to purchase better means, but the addition of cheese and slightly nicer food.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's the second meal offering that is affected.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Not sure about that, but it might cost them more in futures sales. If I lived in ATH, for example, I'd definitely choose Aegean over BA now.
Unless the chilled option is excellent - it'll cost them against Turkish on the IST route too.

Turkish - seat back entertainment, hot food from Do&Co, landing in to T2 (which can mean 5 minutes from gate to exit on HBO if T2A), varied lounge choice in T2 from all of A* and with the excellent lounge at IST.

BA - an overhead map (if you're lucky), cold food, landing into T5 (which is at least 10 from gate to exit on HBO if T5A), 3 good (but not excellent) business lounges all offering similar services at T5 (if you count T5B) and a tiny lounge at IST.

Seats are pretty much the same. Prices are better (in my experience) on Turkish and BA go 3 times a day but Turkish go 6.

My experience of Bulgaria Air suggests they won't lose much on the SOF route though.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's the second meal offering that is affected.
I haven't flown WT since 1999 but I thought that was already a very slim offering (small sandwich and chocolate on most daytime flights except for 10+ hour flights) and a pastry on morning arrivals (except again very long flights)?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
BA still plan to provide omething so still need to pay for food and delivery serice plus jetfuel for extra weight.

Could save £3/passenger/flight I guess, which adds up over a year across all affected routes and flights.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC
This would be more understandable if BA were making a loss.

And, presumably it's just the first step towards the abolition of free food...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.