Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TXL lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I'll fly with Air Berlin from SZG (sadly no Lounge there) to TXL at 6:00 am and plan to have a quick breakfast in the Lounge before departing again to CGN.

Now, I'll arrive in TXL at 7:35 and fly again at 09:10. I've heard that the BA Lounge is relatively far away from the C Terminal. Does it even make sense to go there at all or how long do you need from C to A and back to C?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:25 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by grayh
I'll fly with Air Berlin from SZG (sadly no Lounge there) to TXL at 6:00 am and plan to have a quick breakfast in the Lounge before departing again to CGN.

Now, I'll arrive in TXL at 7:35 and fly again at 09:10. I've heard that the BA Lounge is relatively far away from the C Terminal. Does it even make sense to go there at all or how long do you need from C to A and back to C?
If you have time you might as well go. There is nothing else to do in C.

I would say you can get there in about 10 minutes, depending on your walking speed. Up several flights of stairs, a long walkway to A and then up a spiral staircase.

You can also try the AF lounge which is nearby. I'd leave the lounge at about 0840
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:49 am

That should work. I wouldn't stay longer than 30 minutes maximum anyway, just need some breakfast
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Any more news as to when the BER lounge will be open (if ever)?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I doubt BA will have their own lounge, but rather use the AB lounge, which will presumably open whenever the airport opens. Which may be never.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Well, the official version is that the airport will open in November 2017. That's the official version. But judging from the comments of basically all experts, it won't be open in November 2017.
My personal opinion is that the airport definitely won't open before summer 2018 and that there's a good chance it won't open before 2019.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
I doubt BA will have their own lounge, but rather use the AB lounge, which will presumably open whenever the airport opens.
I think that's already been confirmed, that BA will use the AB lounge in BER. This was announced in the context of the then imminent move from TXL to BER (in, um, 2012), the lounge has been completed and partly furnished so I can't see that changing if Brandenburg does open. I am not sure that is good news, particularly, since AB's one and only proper lounge, which is in DUS, isn't much to write home about. There again the AB lounge may need to be refurbished before the first passenger uses it.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I was in the TXL lounge this morning, the lounge dragon there was making rules up left and right to ding the people in front of me trying to get in (she finally relented and let them in). Not a great lounge and no sense of welcoming at all!
Love this lounge.

Lack of toilets is not great but a nice selection of beers and they have cake
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think that's already been confirmed, that BA will use the AB lounge in BER. This was announced in the context of the then imminent move from TXL to BER (in, um, 2012), the lounge has been completed and partly furnished so I can't see that changing if Brandenburg does open. I am not sure that is good news, particularly, since AB's one and only proper lounge, which is in DUS, isn't much to write home about. There again the AB lounge may need to be refurbished before the first passenger uses it.
I wonder if AB will still be around by the time BER finally opens. Personally I'd be happy to use TXL for as long as possible.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I read something recently which suggested that if BER does ever open it will be over capacity within twelve months and that there is now a strong lobby to keep TXL open. I'd be all for that, never was there such an easy and convenient airport to use.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I wonder if AB will still be around by the time BER finally opens.
Unfortunately, I have my serious doubts too...airberlin isn't out of the woods just yet. It would be a great shame for me near VIE, but the future isn't very rosy.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I wonder if AB will still be around by the time BER finally opens.
Originally Posted by headingwest
Unfortunately, I have my serious doubts too...airberlin isn't out of the woods just yet.
Sadly and ironically, ISTR that much of AB's current problems are because its plan was built around BER opening and AB making the most of it.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Have the access rules changed?

I tried to take a colleague in here the other night (Gold) and the lounge dragon was having none of it. First she said 'no guests' and then she said it was because the guest was not on the same flight (LHR, I was going to LCY.)
Old May 7, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
No the rules have not changed.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Have the access rules changed?

I tried to take a colleague in here the other night (Gold) and the lounge dragon was having none of it. First she said 'no guests' and then she said it was because the guest was not on the same flight (LHR, I was going to LCY.)
I had the same thing at the BA TXL lounge last Saturday too. My wife was on a different flight and they said guesting was not allowed because it was a different flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.