Wiki Posts
Search

Need 100k BA Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Emirates
Need 100k BA Avios

Having been a lurker on these forums for some time and seeing the valuable help that can be provided, I am now taking the plunge!

I am trying to increase my balance by 100k miles for a trip and need to achieve this quickly. Any suggestions on how I can do this, other than through flights themselves?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:48 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Credit card sign up bonuses!

Get a BA Prem plus, Amex gold and Amex platinum. That should get you 70k
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You can buy 35k of avios (possibly more if there is a bonus offer on)

other than that you are looking at credit card spend and bonuses for signing up but they can take a while to hit your account.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
100K is quite a lot of Avios if you need them quickly. Even a credit card bonus takes time to be credited, plus it wopuld involve spending many thousands of pounds on a card (more than I guess the value of the flight would be).
Most complicated mileage runs will gross you a max of around 30K Avios (assuming you have status anyway for bonuses), so you're a good few runs away from that figure. I don't think 100K is possible "quickly" unless there is a good option ot buy miles, but even then, most have fairly low limits.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:51 pm

Buy 35,000
Take out a BA premium plus Amex and spend Ł3000 with BA - that's a further 25000 + 9000
Get someone else to join a household account with you - recommend them to the AmEx and get them to also spend Ł3000 with BA.

You're now at 103k Avios.

It's cost you Ł6965.

But it's probably the quickest way without flying.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by igtravel
Having been a lurker on these forums for some time and seeing the valuable help that can be provided, I am now taking the plunge!

I am trying to increase my balance by 100k miles for a trip and need to achieve this quickly. Any suggestions on how I can do this, other than through flights themselves?

Thanks in advance.
There was a bonus on purchasing avios but I think it has ended now. If you have an amex you can rack up some avios by referring friends & family members which may reduce the amount you need to purchase.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Are you sure that buying whatever flights you want isn't cheaper?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:59 pm

If you have an IB+ account (active and more than 90 days old) you can buy 100k Avios for €1800.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:35 pm

We assume OP is in the UK.

Some avios bonus offers/CC sign up offers are much more lucrative in, for example, the USA.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:43 pm

Shop at Tesco, although spending Ł41,000 to get them fairly quickly might be a problem. But keep up with the offers and 100,000 Avios is easy.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Yllanes
If you have an IB+ account (active and more than 90 days old) you can buy 100k Avios for €1800.
Easiest way to do it. They offer 30-40% purchase bonuses which would bring the cost down, but unfortunately one just finished so it will probably be a few months before the next.

Always buy from IB and transfer rather than BA in any case, it's cheaper.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Household account. You can buy the max number of avoid per HHA member.

This assumes you live with people you can add to a HHA though.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
If the OP has an Amex Membership Rewards balance already, he might want to consider to transfer it to BAEC as well
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
AMEX Mercedes plat cc sign up. 75k points. $3k spending. transfer to avios. 3/4 the way there.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by igtravel
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the BA Forum, igtravel. Well done for taking the plunge out of lurker life and I hope that we will see plenty more of you here.

I can't add much other than to reiterate that if you could share the plan for the Avios there will probably someone on here who can come up with an ingenious solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.