Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
Actually I was thinking about that, and in a fully speculative way: I find it interesting that the new seats will probably won't be on BA's flagship route (LHR-JFK) for a while since so many of the flights are on 747's. And since the A350s don't have F, they won't be used on the JFK route either. Will they retro-fit 777s first and risk customer backlash for having an inconsistent seat on their most regular route?

Interested in other people's thoughts...
I thought only the initial few A350s lacked F, but the later ones would have 8 F seats? Perhaps they'll go to JFK once they arrive later on?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by estate
I thought only the initial few A350s lacked F, but the later ones would have 8 F seats? Perhaps they'll go to JFK once they arrive later on?

my understanding is that none of the current intake are intended to carry F.
who knows beyond that.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if they'll pick up the retiring 744s on the MIA route ?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
The a350 is currently planned to have 2 configurations, one with F and one without. The later deliveries would see F however, given the timescales this is subject to change. You could say they're provisional plans.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by estate
Maybe, but that means JFK would be amongst the last to receive the new seats...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I wonder if they'll pick up the retiring 744s on the MIA route ?
This was my best guess but I wondered how much money the F cabin making on that route.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC
As per HfP (Headforpoints) today Snr Cruz has said in an interview that appeared in the BA staff Magazine...

“When an aircraft is taken out of service to get the new Club World seat installed, it will also get new First Class seats. This will be “our best [current] First seat, upgraded slightly”, which presumably means the 787-9 version.

The new “brilliant” Club World seat will “address all the issues our customers tell us about with respect to the current seat: gate-to-gate in-flight entertainment, all aisle access … more and better storage and more privacy”.

Therefore they can take out the 777s and do a refit include the new business seat and F upgraded seat.
Which would work and make sense for the JFK route. Although I’m not sure where this leaves the 747s as they dominate the JFK route.

Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
As per HfP (Headforpoints) today Snr Cruz has said in an interview that appeared in the BA staff Magazine...

“When an aircraft is taken out of service to get the new Club World seat installed, it will also get new First Class seats. This will be “our best [current] First seat, upgraded slightly”, which presumably means the 787-9 version.

The new “brilliant” Club World seat will “address all the issues our customers tell us about with respect to the current seat: gate-to-gate in-flight entertainment, all aisle access … more and better storage and more privacy”.

Therefore they can take out the 777s and do a refit include the new business seat and F upgraded seat.
Which would work and make sense for the JFK route. Although I’m not sure where this leaves the 747s as they dominate the JFK route.

I guess that the F cabin will be reduced in size as part of the cabin update. I guess it makes senes to recover/update/remodel parts of the seat when they are reconfiguring anyway. LH did a great job refurbishing F on the 747-400s a few years ago.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
But he also said

I think across the Atlantic, we do offer the best First Class experience.

So without a direct F competitor from LHR BA have no real incentive to improve F

So no new F on LHR-JFK until the 747s are retired?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by hemschmall
The a350 is currently planned to have 2 configurations, one with F and one without. The later deliveries would see F however, given the timescales this is subject to change. You could say they're provisional plans.
There is only one config for this aircraft based.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Provisional plans made before the 777-9 order?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
There is only one config for this aircraft based.
Originally Posted by JimEddie
Provisional plans made before the 777-9 order?
Plans for both exist - I've seen them. There is a provision to include F on later deliveries. There is still time before a decision needs to be taken.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Plans for both exist - I've seen them. There is a provision to include F on later deliveries. There is still time before a decision needs to be taken.
Because you've seen them doesn't mean that is what will happen. There have been various options produced and it's well known that the initial intent was to have First on these aircraft, however this was changed when the initial seats designed for CW were rejected by Alex and decision made to look for another solution. BA has openly indicated what is intended for new aircraft - A350 - 3 class, 787-10 4 class and now 777-9 4 class.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
Maybe, but that means JFK would be amongst the last to receive the new seats...
How so? Just because the A350 is first up.....
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Because you've seen them doesn't mean that is what will happen. There have been various options produced and it's well known that the initial intent was to have First on these aircraft, however this was changed when the initial seats designed for CW were rejected by Alex and decision made to look for another solution. BA has openly indicated what is intended for new aircraft - A350 - 3 class, 787-10 4 class and now 777-9 4 class.
what he/she said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.