New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by 13900
Can't say this is all my opinion because...
... because I’d nail ya!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Oh I do want to tell you more.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for sharing these small snippets from Snr Cruz.

I think this has been mentioned before but expect lots of threads in the next few years then with something along “am I getting the new seat on my flight in J?”
aidy likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by 13900
At today's forum for colleagues, Alex spent some time talking about the new Club seat. No picture was shared, the name of the supplier wasn't revealed, so nothing exciting (apologies for those who've seen this thread back up and thought "Hurrah!"), but he did a couple of interesting points that are perhaps worth sharing here:
  • He fully expects NPS for Club to decline once the seat is announced, due to the disappointment of customers who expect to find it there but in fact don't. He mentioned United with its Polaris roll-out as an example
  • He said it's going to take a good 5 years for the seat to be fully rolled out to all the applicable fleets (and in fact it marries up with the plans I've seen).
  • Part of the reason for it is that it takes time to design the installation - even once you've done a fleet, the others are different - then time to install it but, more importantly, time to manufacture the seat itself. He asked the audience how many seats Supplier X can produce per day, and the answer he gave was three. To me it sounds quite staggering, if it takes 3 days to do a seat then an A380 ship-set would take a month, and that's assuming they work weekends!
  • An announcement should be made in March / April, so pretty soon.
Here it is. Can't say this is all my opinion because... well.
what is NPS?

looks like new aircraft are going to get prioritised with 3 seats being made per day.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

... because I’d nail ya!
And I've ran out of metaphors!

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Oh I do want to tell you more.
It's incredible, if you consider how leaky a ship BA is, that no one ratted on the name of the supplier or the seat itself...

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Thanks for sharing these small snippets from Snr Cruz.

I think this has been mentioned before but expect lots of threads in the next few years then with something along “am I getting the new seat on my flight in J?”
Yup. And I can only imagine how many will try the compo route for it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

what is NPS?

looks like new aircraft are going to get prioritised with 3 seats being made per day.
Hi,

I think it is Net Promoter Score ( used in measuring customer satisfaction)?

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

what is NPS?

NPS is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter

Not too sure I follow on the new A/C. The plans I've seen are for the 77E and 77Ws to be refurbished pretty much from the get go.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Lordy, won't that get dull...!
mikeyfly and george77300 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:22 am
Suspended

Word on the street has it that the seat has a door as rumoured, and is a mid-term solution as they ran out of time on their custom seat design for the A350 deliveries.

That design us continuing and will launch in the 4 year timeframe as a next-gen seat (777X? - speculation on my part)
george77300 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Originally Posted by etiene
Lordy, won't that get dull...!
After the first five years or so of the rollout programme, yes, I reckon it will begin to get a little tedious.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by drakepassage
Word on the street has it that the seat has a door as rumoured, and is a mid-term solution as they ran out of time on their custom seat design for the A350 deliveries.

That design us continuing and will launch in the 4 year timeframe as a next-gen seat (777X? - speculation on my part)
Given the long delays in design, and the proposed 5 years before full introduction, is this not taking forever to get into play relative to other airlines.
There was a time Singapore and CX were introducing new seating every couple of years.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Hope to see it on of my my BKK or HKG journeys which tend to be the 777...
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Hope to see it on of my my BKK or HKG journeys which tend to be the 777...
That's a good shout. Decent length flight on a 3-class 777 out of LHR; must be a contender.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by stevie
Given the long delays in design, and the proposed 5 years before full introduction, is this not taking forever to get into play relative to other airlines.
There was a time Singapore and CX were introducing new seating every couple of years.
Anything that isn't saving money takes forever at BA!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Apologies if this has already been reported elsewhere but I noticed the following on MMB today when looking at a POUG offer:
  • More space, comfort and privacy in our seat that reclines to a fully flat bed or to the unique 'z bed', which offers a 6 feet 6 inches sleeping surface

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.