New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Standing up = burns more calories = need to drink more champagne to compensate. There’s always an upside.
If you rotate the design it’s also lie flat as well as standing up
JAXBA and TheFlyingCyclist like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I hear there was a last minute enhancement to the new seats and this is the final design...

I fixed that for you. Nod to @rockflyertalk for having the same idea as I.
Attached Images  
orbitmic, the810, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Originally Posted by JAXBA
thanks, I hate it
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Well at least my legs would be truly elevated in that design.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I was admiring the existing CW seat (789) earlier in the week. Setting aside the well-known short comings (no aisle access, fold away TV, limited storage for things like jacket, water bottle, passport, mobile phone)... I love all the little thoughtful touches, the low mode on the foot rest, the swivel down on the tv screen, the massive horizontal flexibility of the table, the satisfyingly mechanical fade slider on the seat light. I really hope the new seat has had the same attention to detail thrown at it. The announcement must be coming pretty soon? i can't imagine BA waiting until July!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Those who have flown QSuites more than just a couple of times, realise it isnt actually that spacious! It's surprisingly cramped, and while a novel design (especially the Quad), I'd rather have more space than a door!
Well, having flown it, by now, a lot more than a couple of times in recent months, I must say that I really, really like the QSuite, especially on the 777. I do not find it cramped at all and very much enjoy the privacy that the door provides me with. It has now become single handedly my favourite J seat around ahead of the JL Skysuite and well ahead of all the others (including both the various versions of the Cirrus seat and the Club World seat).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:58 pm

It won't be branded "Empire Club"?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:02 pm

Door or not it is likely that we'll lose the excellent privacy that a window CW seat currently offers (when the screen divider is up). I'm sure folk will miss that when it's gone.

Raffles is seeing Mr Cruz today so we'll hear later whether he got his knuckles rapped or not. IMO if he's specifically asked not to report on any insider details then he won't.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I have always been very disappointed in Club World and always choose American going west and Qatar going east. I do hope that the rumours are true and they are going to catch up with a decent seat.

The problem with BA is that they take so long to get anything done, so if the new club seat is just the same disappointing seat with aisle access, it'll be another 5+ years before anything is ever done about it

I do like the name Club World Penthouse for the upper decks
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Door or not it is likely that we'll lose the excellent privacy that a window CW seat currently offers (when the screen divider is up). I'm sure folk will miss that when it's gone.

Lots of privacy to be had from airlines which have been actively updating their biz product over the years, with 1-2-1 configs ideal for window-loving solo travellers (and no need for up-and-down screen dividers)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC
If BA have decided to go for the door option on the 'suites,' then this makes complete sense, the customer has the nice choice of whether they want complete privacy or not.

Especially in todays flying with connectivity in the sky, people can close their door on the suite and get their heads down to crack on with work or sleep etc with less distractions, possibly no distractions (with a DND option). Or they can choose to have the door open and still have the same experience they are accustomed to with the 'no-door-seat' product. Thats the great thing about a door, it can opened or closed! Goes without saying really.
volar likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:57 am

If BA have decided to go for the door option on the 'suites,' then this makes complete sense, the customer has the nice choice of whether they want complete privacy or not.

............ Thats the great thing about a door, it can opened or closed! Goes without saying really.

But your post does say it.

And says it very well ^
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by subject2load

Lots of privacy to be had from airlines which have been actively updating their biz product over the years, with 1-2-1 configs ideal for window-loving solo travellers (and no need for up-and-down screen dividers)

Who? Other than a proportion of Delta and QRs fleet of the main airlines flying out of LHR there is nothing that really touches a CW window seat privacy wise is there?

(I’m most certainly excluding AA and CX, with their head in the aisle and see everyone when you’re walking by Cirruses)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

Especially in todays flying with connectivity in the sky, people can close their door on the suite and get their heads down to crack on with work or sleep etc with less distractions, possibly no distractions (with a DND option). Or they can choose to have the door open and still have the same experience they are accustomed to with the 'no-door-seat' product. Thats the great thing about a door, it can opened or closed! Goes without saying really.
Yup doors are obviously a positive, yet many didn’t seem to bemoan the lack of them when raving about QR and AA over the last 3-4 years!

Will everyone suddenly hate the AA seat as they’re is no door?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:35 am

@ Cap’n Benj - as you say, Qatar is a good example ^
(just happens to be one of my most-favoured carriers ......and their excellent dine-on-demand in business sure hits the spot !)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.