New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
if it was QR doing the same he’d be claiming what a great idea it was!
Actually, the way I read the end of the article is that whilst he did not expect it, there is a chance BA are actually working on this new seat being a suite and that if they are this is a great idea...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Personal plea - This thread is on a topic which is really dear to many of us, is there any chance people could keep the question of how good or bad whatever blog or travel resources are for somewhere else? I don't think any of us even care what x and y like or dislike about it, it is just about trying to learn more about what we'll sit in.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, the way I read the end of the article is that whilst he did not expect it, there is a chance BA are actually working on this new seat being a suite and that if they are this is a great idea...
Bingo.

I should be seeing Alex on Friday so will ask, although I'm not expecting much joy ....
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Whenever there are discussions about QR on the BA Forum, there is usually a line of 'QR J is better than BA F'.

Of course it is talked down, but if BA introduce some sort of QR seat (unlikely to be the QSuite, but likely to include a door based on the QR J seat on the 787, A380, etc), I wonder whether we'll be saying 'BA J is better than BA F'.

It'll be entertaining to find out.

M
stevie, TPJ, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I wonder whether we'll be saying 'BA J is better than BA F'.
Only if you believe BA is going to announce a massive investment in BA J soft product, given things like dine on demand are partly what draws the BA F / QR J comparisons.

To be honest I think there is already an argument that the above is the case on the 747 in terms of hard product - taking the best UD seats with the new bedding is arguably no worse than the poorest 747 F seats as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
...and even in that there was a sly dig

“Whilst it seems hard to believe...”

I fully understand it’s the site’s schtick it’s just interesting that the pimping of crappy Qatar airways Miles deals, don’t constantly mention what a crappy FFP it is at every opportunity 🤔
JFX1764 likes this.

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Jan 31, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Whenever there are discussions about QR on the BA Forum, there is usually a line of 'QR J is better than BA F'.

Of course it is talked down, but if BA introduce some sort of QR seat (unlikely to be the QSuite, but likely to include a door based on the QR J seat on the 787, A380, etc), I wonder whether we'll be saying 'BA J is better than BA F'.

M
If they do, all the talk about BA’s F cabin being too big etc will have to be filed away as irrelevant ramblings

The Q Suite is also significantly smaller than the average BA 747 seat space, esp if you include the area where your feet is not under a seat in front.

If simply putting a door on a seat makes it infinitely better, CW window seats are in effect Suites now!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:04 am

M
I don't suppose they will allow that to happen. If the A350 turns out to be the start of slimming down the number of F seats (like every other airline in the world is doing) then we might just see F take a move upmarket.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

If they do, all the talk about BA’s F cabin being too big etc will have to be filed away as irrelevant ramblings

The Q Suite is also significantly smaller than the average BA 747 seat space, esp if you include the area where your feet is not under a seat in front.

If simply putting a door on a seat makes it infinitely better, CW window seats are in effect Suites now!
You've hit on quite a key point here.

Those who have flown QSuites more than just a couple of times, realise it isnt actually that spacious! It's surprisingly cramped, and while a novel design (especially the Quad), I'd rather have more space than a door!

Anyway, back to the new Club World Suite- or CWS. I wonder how many passengers have a seat named after them!

M
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody

Those who have flown QSuites more than just a couple of times, realise it isnt actually that spacious! It's surprisingly cramped, and while a novel design (especially the Quad), I'd rather have more space than a door!

Anyway, back to the new Club World Suite- or CWS. I wonder how many passengers have a seat named after them!

M
Indeed - one would have to put a huge value on the privacy afforded by a door to really suggest that a Super Diamond "suite" would be better than most current F products [all else being equal]. I'm not terribly tall, and have not found myself discomforted by the foot cubby paradigm [granted I've not had to try to sleep in a Diamond seat] - but I can see why many are. Even then, I doubt I would actively choose the suite over a more spacious seat.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:14 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond

M
Apex Suite was more comfortable, and is essentially club world without any of the negatives. Can dream.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC
I hear there was a last minute enhancement to the new seats and this is the final design...

ELLX and jfallesen like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ rockflyertalk - well, we are promised all-aisle access ..... so looks like these fit the bill ^
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Looks more like a rollercoaster! Good luck in turbulence!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Standing up = burns more calories = need to drink more champagne to compensate. There’s always an upside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.