New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by volar
But this is not publication of whistleblowing information in the public interest, it's just potentially spoiling BA's product launch and I think it's bad form.

Back on topic:
I agree, the names are pretty lame. Actually provided it's flat, has aisle access and some personal storage space then I'm not too fussed what they call it. Ideally they will have it rolled out across the fleet by 2030 too
Q-Suite etc... has generated a load of PR for QR and the likes of Delta.

That said, re your 2030 point it could also backfire if people are still waiting for it in 5 years time!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
I would be surprised if its the Qsuite given that it doesn't fit on the 787 + A380 (upper deck)

I would think its more likely to be the super diamond with a door which has been developed and linked earlier in this thread.

Seeing as no one else has done it yet with the super diamond it would give them a unique product at launch and allow them to call it a "suite".

I can't see it being fitted to any 747s or older 777s.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:33 am

Could be the Apex suite as on JAL and Oman Air. The latter is arguably my favourite seat so far, albeit not as private as the Qsuite.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by lavajava

Didn't expect this to end up here, but a load of nonsense when they can't show us what we are supposed to be naming..

When invited to name the show’s new pet dog, viewers of Blue Peter were at least given the opportunity to actually see the young hound in question (seem to think they settled on ‘Goldie’, IIRC .....?)

Club World has certainly survived very well as a memorable brand name, even if the product itself has gradually fallen some way behind the competition since its market debut in 2000.

Any new name might need to survive just as long, but perhaps ‘New though-not-as-exciting-as-I’d-hoped Club World’ isn’t quite catchy enough.

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by GTR56
I would be surprised if its the Qsuite given that it doesn't fit on the 787 + A380 (upper deck)

I would think its more likely to be the super diamond with a door which has been developed and linked earlier in this thread.

Seeing as no one else has done it yet with the super diamond it would give them a unique product at launch and allow them to call it a "suite".

I can't see it being fitted to any 747s or older 777s.
There have been a few comments (both on HfP and elsewehere) of people recounting interaction with BA staff speaking about QSuites. Even a light version of those would be a nice upgrade, but people might book CW rather than F in that case ;-). And re:747s, the planes are due for retirement by 2024 I believe, by which time they'll have maybe finalised the retrofit of other models. Doubtful they'll change the seats on the Queen. Sadly.

OTOH, if they are taking the QSuites, why don't they give something back to QR and simply keep the QSuite name? </sarcasm>

And last, Club World Suite can't work. FT already has one CWS, and the seat can't live up to the legacy.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I do hope they retire the 747s by 2014. They are the noisiest planes at LHR. For whatever reason, the 4 RR motors that they use are just too loud for today's standards.
However, there has been speculation on here that the 747s might last even longer.
If they are going in 5 year's time, will they fit new seats to them?
As BA will only have less than 10 planes with new J seats by 2020, this process is not being undertaken with any speed!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Strong speculation a Q-Suite type product is on its way, although thats not what renderings have suggested. Would explain calling it a "Suite". That said its taking so long to fit QR, would there even be capacity to fit BA's planes any time soon? If it has a door, I suspect it will have to conform to the norm and be CW Suite. The term started in First Class (Singapore Suites) etc. then shifted to Biz (Qatar, Delta etc.). People understand it and suggests more space, higher quality, with door. If its just a new product without a door, then Suite would be confusing IMO so it would need to differentiate but still show its new and better than whatever current CW is called. Executive Club World (like executive seating in cars which is more luxurious and spacious), though that's not a very "British" term nor luxury or leisure.... eCW
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I am still hoping for something resembling the sofa design that was floating around a while back. That was unique.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
CW Penthouse

Can't get a higher room......
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
His site is a great resource as to deals etc, his bias to who pays his bills/ sponsors his parties renders much commentary unreliable however
Are you saying his opinion that BA's current product is sub-par is unreasonable, biased or unreliable? I see the same comment on here on a daily basis.

If BA were really that bothered about HfP then they would have reached out to Raffles and have their own NDA with him. As it is, BA is getting loads of publicity for a product that is not even named yet.

BA's marketing department have taken this right out of Apple's playbook. Stir the internet into a frenzy of anticipation and 'secrecy' in advance of a product announcement. They know exactly what they are doing.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
BA marketing dept are stuck in the 2000s. "Crowdsourcing", open innovation and similar variations on the same are a thing of the past.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I do hope they retire the 747s by 2014.
A forlorn hope indeed. 2024 however...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by stuart_f
Are you saying his opinion that BA's current product is sub-par is unreasonable, biased or unreliable? I see the same comment on here on a daily basis.
In the same way that I doubt the Daily Mail has many black gay EU-born Labour voting readers, I doubt we would be where we are if we were not in line with the views of our readership :-)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
His site is a great resource as to deals etc, his bias to who pays his bills/ sponsors his parties renders much commentary unreliable however
Any sponsorship money we get for the HFP parties goes 100% behind the bar, as you would have found out at Christmas. We don't get a penny of it.

The fact that BA has never expressed any interest in sponsoring a HFP party and, in effect, buying a few drinks for 250 of its better customers is telling in itself.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Not sure if it’s news, but apparently the new CW seat will have doors. Super diamond with bells indeed.
Originally Posted by caburrito
Heard the 787-10's will be getting Rockwell Colin's Super Diamond's with doors, aka Element: https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2018/0...-a-door-on-it/
Heard the same as well Expect just under 50 J seats in the 78710.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.