Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You can take wink either way, the idea was not to give you any clue if anything stated is correct, I’m afraid you will have to keep guessing for now.
any idea when the press announcement will be made showcasing when images of the seats?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Name the new CW seat

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere... but an interesting article from HfP this morning from @Raffles about the new, new. new (not sure how many 'new' we are up to) CW seat.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...ub-world-seat/

British Airways has launched a questionnaire via its Future Lab customer panel to shape the name of the new seat.

Let’s ignore, for a second, the fact that asking people to suggest names for something that they haven’t seen is not necessarily sensible.

Four concepts are presented:

Name it in a way that describes the product

Name it with a model number, like an iPhone (eg Club World XIX as it will launch in 2019)

Name it using a random word pulled out of the air (eg Club World Vector, Contrail, Ventral)

Name it using an evolutionary phrase (eg New Club World, New Generation Club World)

This is very interesting.

We have to assume that whoever set this questionnaire has seen the new seat. This means that ‘Club Suite’, ‘Club World Suite’ and ‘Club World Space’ are being seriously considered as names.
Some of you may have answered this questionnaire, if so what name did you go for?

I for one think BA should move away from the Club branding completely, I don't think its very 2020 and maybe resort to a simple brand name (Business Class). The use of the word suite might get some of us excited.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Simply calling it Business Class would give BA a problem in distinguishing their short-haul offering from long-haul. At least using brand names like Club Europe and Club World allow BA to market them differently.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"Space" sounds rather banal, albeit it may in future have some space to put things.
"Suite" is a bit pretentious IMO.
'XIX' or '2019' means it will become identifiably dated.
The 'random word' is potentially meaningless or stupid ... but probably offers the best route.

Club World Cruise? Pun intended!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by stuart_f
Simply calling it Business Class would give BA a problem in distinguishing their short-haul offering from long-haul. At least using brand names like Club Europe and Club World allow BA to market them differently.
Surely adding the words long haul or short haul as others do would solve that issue?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I for one think BA should move away from the Club branding completely, I don't think its very 2020 and maybe resort to a simple brand name (Business Class). The use of the word suite might get some of us excited.
Moving away from the Club World branding would set them up for a harder time in the case of equipment swaps - though I forget whether they are sypathetic when switching one of the mid-haul A321s out for a short-haul version. Nevertheless, it's easier to defend yourself with "you were sold Club World, Club World [Whatever] was not guaranteed" if you avoid branding it as "SuperDuperNewBusinessSeat" class.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Club World 2.0... or is that a bit IT, which as we know isn't great at BA?

Whatever it is called I for one am certainly looking forward to trying it out.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:01 am

From the FutureLab email:

As a quick reminder, we are sharing confidential information with you and as such, this must not be shared outside of FutureLab, as per the terms and conditions you have signed as part of being a member.

Didn't expect this to end up here, but a load of nonsense when they can't show us what we are supposed to be naming..

Edit:- and now it's clear BA do spend some time here from the email I see as of 5 mins ago.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by etiene
Moving away from the Club World branding would set them up for a harder time in the case of equipment swaps - though I forget whether they are sypathetic when switching one of the mid-haul A321s out for a short-haul version. Nevertheless, it's easier to defend yourself with "you were sold Club World, Club World [Whatever] was not guaranteed" if you avoid branding it as "SuperDuperNewBusinessSeat" class.
They are not, typically BA seems to go for the 'it's still the same class of travel but just a different seat' line and you'll struggle to even get them to change you to another flight. Which is odd when you think that Old First used to get 50K Avios automatically for what is arguably a much smaller gap in product quality.
etiene likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere... but an interesting article from HfP this morning from @Raffles about the new, new. new (not sure how many 'new' we are up to) CW seat.

Some of you may have answered this questionnaire, if so what name did you go for?

HfP should not have published this, in my view, when Raffles was clearly aware that whoever supplied the information was in breach of the Future Lab Ts and Cs (this was pointed out in a comment on HfP early this morning). It would seem that BA are not happy about this being all over the Internet...
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
This should not have been published on HFP. There was a poll on Future Lab on Monday but by Tuesday morning it was gone. Future Lab have T&Cs and these were clearly stated in this thread on their website.
atcer28 and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lavajava

Edit:- and now it's clear BA do spend some time here from the email I see as of 5 mins ago.
Or maybe they read HfP ?
Gastrocnemius and lavajava like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by volar
HfP should not have published this, in my view, when Raffles was clearly aware that whoever supplied the information was in breach of the Future Lab Ts and Cs (this was pointed out in a comment on HfP early this morning). It would seem that BA are not happy about this being all over the Internet...
It's a journalistic website... using this same logic, newspapers should be barred from publishing whistle blower information because the informant party is outside of the T&C's to disclose information.

Back on topic:
All of these names are pretty lame in my view.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by YacozA
It's a journalistic website... using this same logic, newspapers should be barred from publishing whistle blower information because the informant party is outside of the T&C's to disclose information.

Back on topic:
All of these names are pretty lame in my view.
But this is not publication of whistleblowing information in the public interest, it's just potentially spoiling BA's product launch and I think it's bad form.

Back on topic:
I agree, the names are pretty lame. Actually provided it's flat, has aisle access and some personal storage space then I'm not too fussed what they call it. Ideally they will have it rolled out across the fleet by 2030 too
chris87 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

if it was QR doing the same he’d be claiming what a great idea it was!

His site is a great resource as to deals etc, his bias to who pays his bills/ sponsors his parties renders much commentary unreliable however

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.