Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Well with all due respect (I do genuinely value your contributions) I think what your disclaimer really is trying to say is ‘I’m posting inside information but BA doesn’t condone me posting inside information’. In which case I’d suggest probably best to leave out the disclaimer altogether
I'm not an expert, but even with my little understanding of all things legal I know that, should BA decide to unleash the lawyers on me, my little disclaimer would be as useful as a used condom in an avalanche. What it's meant to be saying is that my posts reflect my opinion, my understanding of facts and my knowledge only. Nobody can take them and go to, say, Cruz and claim that one of my posts is BA's gospel. Suppose I said BA's going for the Solstys seat, and suppose that a newspaper picks up my post. Then it turns out to be something else. That newspaper can't go to Cruz and moan that "user 13900 said it was the Solstys and now you BA made us all look bad" and demand compensation or whatever.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
@13900 many thanks for your many informative and valued contributions to FlyerTalk. It's because of people like you who are willing to share snippets of information that makes FlyerTalk thrive. Never feel the need to justify yourself, just know that the vast majority of readers genuinely appreciate your contributions. We realise you (and all the other active BA employees) are unable to share everything you know about the inside workings of BA but what you are able to share we find very interesting and informative and we truly appreciate you taking the time and effort to share.

Thank you ^
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
I was wondering this the other day. Can anyone help?

Given a typical BA CW cabin. If you compare this exact same space to a cabin with the Vantage XL. Does this reduce capacity? Looks like it might.
Probably a slight decrease. Comparing the Delta 777 layout to BA, DL get 28 seats between doors 1 and 2, BA currently have 32 J in the same space. Of course galleys, toilets etc differ so BA might be able to get more seats in that space by moving things around.
eugegall likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by 13900
I'm not an expert, but even with my little understanding of all things legal I know that, should BA decide to unleash the lawyers on me, my little disclaimer would be as useful as a used condom in an avalanche. What it's meant to be saying is that my posts reflect my opinion, my understanding of facts and my knowledge only. Nobody can take them and go to, say, Cruz and claim that one of my posts is BA's gospel. Suppose I said BA's going for the Solstys seat, and suppose that a newspaper picks up my post. Then it turns out to be something else. That newspaper can't go to Cruz and moan that "user 13900 said it was the Solstys and now you BA made us all look bad" and demand compensation or whatever.
The bolding above has just made me burst out laughing on the Tube home.

Funniest analogy of the year there for me!

M
JustTheOne likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by 13900
Understood. I was struggling to square it up but that makes sense.

You’ve now also sent my mind wandering about the average number of used condoms on a montainside.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I once had a girlfriend who fancied me using a condom in an avalanche.
Although she had an amazing figure, I avoided ski-ing with her.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The bolding above has just made me burst out laughing on the Tube home.

Funniest analogy of the year there for me!

M
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Understood. I was struggling to square it up but that makes sense.

You’ve now also sent my mind wandering about the average number of used condoms on a montainside.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I once had a girlfriend who fancied me using a condom in an avalanche.
Although she had an amazing figure, I avoided ski-ing with her.
Well well, it's great to see that my skill in analogies strikes a cord with you all!

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
@13900 many thanks for your many informative and valued contributions to FlyerTalk. It's because of people like you who are willing to share snippets of information that makes FlyerTalk thrive. Never feel the need to justify yourself, just know that the vast majority of readers genuinely appreciate your contributions. We realise you (and all the other active BA employees) are unable to share everything you know about the inside workings of BA but what you are able to share we find very interesting and informative and we truly appreciate you taking the time and effort to share.

Thank you ^
Thanks a lot sir, you're too kind.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Not sure if it’s news, but apparently the new CW seat will have doors. Super diamond with bells indeed.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Does it really?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Not sure if it’s news, but apparently the new CW seat will have doors. Super diamond with bells indeed.
And the source of your information... is?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
I hope not!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cupboard doors?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:55 pm

Do we have anymore news on a potential official announcement date?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by sb1982
And the source of your information... is?
I shouldn’t say to protect the innocent...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
I hope not!
the door or the bells?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.