Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Any views if this new article from today is any more than pure speculation? Suggesting BA are going for some version of VantageXL in Club World:

“Exclusive: This WILL Be the Brand New British Airways New Club World Business Class Seat“
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

Personally I think the VantageXL with doors would be a great step forward for Club World.

However...given Delta already has this option (and Virgin Atlantic are rumoured to be planning a new Upper Class) is there a danger BA and Virgin could in essence end up with the same seat?!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by sb1982
Any views if this new article from today is any more than pure speculation? Suggesting BA are going for some version of VantageXL in Club World:

“Exclusive: This WILL Be the Brand New British Airways New Club World Business Class Seat“
If we're getting an off-the-shelf product and not Q-Suites (which admittedly I haven't tried), I hope this is true.

The seat has easily-accessible storage areas (though no water bottle cupboard), doesn't have the same tiny foot-coffin restrictions* of so many J seats and, because the bed lowers closer to the floor, provides reasonable sleeping privacy to at least half the seats (and excellent privacy to some) without doors installed. Without doors the best seats in the cabin are, in my opinion, better than QR's non-Q-Suites (787, A350 etc), CX's A330/777, and AA's 773. With suite doors all seats would beat those products.

*it does have a foot cubby, but it's wide and tall. These images are from 2A of a Qantas domestic A332 (the same seat as the QF Dreamliner mentioned in the article). Although difficult to appreciate the size, this is a 15" MacBook Pro and size UK 9 feet. I'm six feet tall and, when reclined with my head touching the top wall, can't reach the far end of the foot cubby even when fully extending my feet.

T8191, Pack and clubeurope like this.

Last edited by SleepySynapse; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I would really be impressed if BA chose the VantageXL... let's hope they do
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Agree. I was really impressed by the QF product when trying it earlier this year on the A330. Lots of space to put things and very comfy. Best seats are those with the seat directly next to the window versus having the table next to the window. Excellent privacy even without doors.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I am surprised that London Transport do not issue Gold and GGL cards. Think of the fuss and complaints possible on an LT thread............

But back on topic. Have I understood this correctly? All this fuss about new seats, in J, and yet only 4 planes will have them by the end of next year???? Or am I being dense??
BA is just fitting in with their transatlantic rivals. Hardly any planes have Delta's new suites or the real Polaris (UA) either and AA still flies the old US Air business class on tons of routes. Taking 20 years to upgrade/homogenize your fleet is the new normal! yay!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the vantage seats are not the best IMHO. after quite a number of flights on jetblue in the US which uses these as their "Mint" class of seats transcon on an A-321 with doors every other row (where it is just a single seat) -- yes they beat AA and other legacies handily--but overall, the slightly cramped footwell, and lowering of the seat when turned into a bed make it not ideal to me!

but hey, i'll take more storage and more space on BA club any day regardless of final seat!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:41 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VSLover
the vantage seats are not the best IMHO. after quite a number of flights on jetblue in the US which uses these as their "Mint" class of seats transcon on an A-321 with doors every other row (where it is just a single seat) -- yes they beat AA and other legacies handily--but overall, the slightly cramped footwell, and lowering of the seat when turned into a bed make it not ideal to me!

but hey, i'll take more storage and more space on BA club any day regardless of final seat!
nah mate, the seats used by jetBlue are the normal Vantage variety, likewise used by AerLingus and Malaysia Airlines. The Vantage XL by comparison is much more spacious. It is like the ones you’ll find on Qantas Dreamliners and SAS planes.

The seats thought to be selected, as suggested by the article is the XL version
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Wrong.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Wrong.

Ah ......
Too good to be true ......
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was wondering this the other day. Can anyone help?

Given a typical BA CW cabin. If you compare this exact same space to a cabin with the Vantage XL. Does this reduce capacity? Looks like it might.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:21 pm

It will not be the Thomson product. Or any product mounted on any IAG carrier.

This post is my own and does not reflect BA's position or policies.
Prospero, orbitmic, YacozA and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by 13900
It will not be the Thomson product. Or any product mounted on any IAG carrier.

This post is my own and does not reflect BA's position or policies.
Umm, surely it does...?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Umm, surely it does...?
No. BA's position has been, so far, of saying absolutely nothing at all about the seat's maker. So I'm not reflecting BA's position, am I?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by 13900
No. BA's position has been, so far, of saying absolutely nothing at all about the seat's maker. So I'm not reflecting BA's position, am I?
Well with all due respect (I do genuinely value your contributions) I think what your disclaimer really is trying to say is ‘I’m posting inside information but BA doesn’t condone me posting inside information’. In which case I’d suggest probably best to leave out the disclaimer altogether

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.