New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
If so, I wonder how much money BA will loose as it is basically 50% the density of current BA CW... 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2 Also this would render BA's F product pretty much redundant.
Looking at the forward cabin of the B788 where BA currently has 21 seats, in this space QR fits 20 seats. For a true comparison this number would reduce by 2 to allow for the wc and galley equipment BA installed forward of doors 2.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
This is *not* the Q suite however What has been mentioned is the QR J seat currently on the B787 and A350. Which is very nice IMO.
You're quite right. I completely misread. My error.

M
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I know so much but will be sitting on the information.
Petrus, wrp96 and crazyanglaisy like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Haha, you tease! But if this off-the-cuff remark about BA adopting a reverse herringbone seat turns out to be true, it'll be the best news from BA since I started properly flying 7 years ago...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I flew QR 788 for the first time last week, I was not a fan in lie flat of the foot area - despite the BA failings regarding storage etc in my opinion their seat is more comfortable in sitting, lounging and sleeping position
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I flew QR 788 for the first time last week, I was not a fan in lie flat of the foot area - despite the BA failings regarding storage etc in my opinion their seat is more comfortable in sitting, lounging and sleeping position
That's a fair point about the QR 787 but it's worth noting that there's a lot more foot space on the A350 and A380 versions of this seat. Same on CX too when comparing the A330, B777 and A350. On this configuration, the aircraft's size does make a difference and that would no doubt also be the case on BA's diverse fleet if it's adopted.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:18 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RobDBA

Looks like the Finnair J on their A350s, that one is actually fairly dense as they are heavily angled and have a tiny foot coffin. Have to say I wasnt really a fan, difficult to see out of the window and felt very tight as a bed.
Finnair has a compact version of the Cirrus seat - its smaller (shorter) than the CX version of the same seat.

The QR version is the B/E Aerospace Super Diamond seat.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:28 am

I was rather hoping they might come up with something radical and new, given the original Club World design and how long they have taken to upgrade it. The basic reverse herringbone layout is getting a little old now and it seems airlines are beginning to move beyond it (QR Q Suite, CX 777X, LH 777X etc). It would be a shame if BA just take something middle of the road.
Reemondo likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by 1010101
It would be a shame if BA just take something middle of the road.
A shame. But decidedly predictable.
1010101 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sxc
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
If so, I wonder how much money BA will loose as it is basically 50% the density of current BA CW... 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2
It’s not a 50% drop in density...
I know that there's a lot of "1-2-1 vs 2-4-2" bandied around on here, but it is still quite startling to see that there are some people who seem to actually believe that CW is at twice the density of 1-2-1 business class cabins.
wrp96, Ldnn1, mikeyfly and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I know that there's a lot of "1-2-1 vs 2-4-2" bandied around on here, but it is still quite startling to see that there are some people who seem to actually believe that CW is at twice the density of 1-2-1 business class cabins.
IIRC this was all fully explained [in this very thread?] and yet the "50% drop in density" talk persists.

If you'll excuse me, I need to see about getting a desk without a forehead dent. Again.
wrp96 likes this.

Last edited by Petrus; Oct 1, 2018 at 6:26 am Reason: Profanity
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sitting comfortably? With lot of leg room? Nice view out the window?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
If they move to a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone configuration I think the biggest improvement will be service.

The crew will actually be able to serve and interact directly with customers without faffing about with a divider or not being able to see what's behind the divider.

I hope its not the AY A350 J seat as its too cramped and would be a step backwards in regards to seat comfort/sleeping.

If its a modified B/E Aerospace Super Diamond then it will be a massive step up. Combine this with the new bedding and improved catering and it becomes a very competitive product again.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the modified B/E Aerospace Super Diamond would be a welcome change if true. The only issue I have with the seat is the under-screen tray/shelf which does knock the lower legs and you cannot lay on your back and raise your knees/legs -- well at least if you are 6'2" like me. annoying issue on QR and AA. but otherwise a lovely seat.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:29 am

If it is indeed the QR J seat then much obliged. While the foot-well is on the small side, I can lie down flat without my squishing my feet, unlike the CW seat (unless in exit rows). 6'2" 85kg size.
Row 1 hopefully blocked for Golds, as that foot well is three times the size.

AY J is a bit cramped on the 350, as posted above, and that would be a blunder by BA if installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.