New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pilot37
New Club World unveiled with arrival of 1st A350 in July 2019
And for the topic of this thread, possibly the least-surprising news of all - all-aisle access: https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ed0834908.jpeg

Thanks to pauldb in this post: IAG Capital Markets Day 2018
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:41 am

I'm intrigued by gate to gate IFE.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'm intrigued by gate to gate IFE.
BA already offer that don't they?

Or do you mean due to the fact that the TV is fully visible in J?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
BA already offer that don't they?

Or do you mean due to the fact that the TV is fully visible in J?
I think that. It's available gate to gate in WT/WTP (and in F on the 789?), but obviously not in CW/F where you have to put the screen away. Interestingly, AF and KLM let you keep their screens out on their reverse herringbone seats, but I'm guessing the design must differ a bit to the AA seat.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by RG1X
I like the rear facing seat. I know some people are a bit strange about it, but I find it perfectly comfortable.
Forward facing, rearward facing. Makes no odds to me at all. Absolutely indifferent.

Staring at a strangers face and clambering over their legs however. no no no.

I think when people complain about the rearward facing design they are complaining about the issues that come with it. rather than the actual aspect of facing backward. Although because of the pitch (nose up) of the aircraft at cruise the forward facing seats actually have more true recline and are more "flat" when down.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Staring at a strangers face and clambering over their legs however. no no no.
I never understand what the problem is about looking at a stranger for a few minutes at the beginning, and perhaps the end, of a flight. How does anyone ever cope with being on a train, the Tube or a bus?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I never understand what the problem is about looking at a stranger for a few minutes at the beginning, and perhaps the end, of a flight. How does anyone ever cope with being on a train, the Tube or a bus?
It's the proximity, and the forcedness of it. you can't face away! On the tube there are douzens of people to look at. on CW you have your 1 "stare buddy" and you both know it and you are both thinking about it. Also establishing the divider etiquette, only for the CC to keep putting it down. Urgh it's grim, and a faff. 1st world problems yeah but it is uncomfortable for very many people. I don't see how you can compare it to a bus at all?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
It's the proximity, and the forcedness of it. you can't face away! On the tube there are douzens of people to look at. on CW you have your 1 "stare buddy" and you both know it and you are both thinking about it. Also establishing the divider etiquette, only for the CC to keep putting it down. Urgh it's grim, and a faff. 1st world problems yeah but it is uncomfortable for very many people. I don't see how you can compare it to a bus at all?
Sorry, I'm not following this at all What is stopping someone from looking away? Look out the window? Or straight ahead, or across the aisle? I have never once felt compelled to stare at the opposing passenger, nor have I been aware of them doing so to me? [1]

Nor can I relate to the concerns about divider etiquette I'm afraid. If you want it up, pop it up. Yes, cabin crew drop it for service but in my experience they remember to return it more often that not, and if they don't what effort is a button press?

[1] well, ok, maybe if it is Mrs BertieB and I've done something wrong
HIDDY and Ajm1987 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Sorry, I'm not following this at all What is stopping someone from looking away? Look out the window? Or straight ahead, or across the aisle? I have never once felt compelled to stare at the opposing passenger, nor have I been aware of them doing so to me? [1]

Nor can I relate to the concerns about divider etiquette I'm afraid. If you want it up, pop it up. Yes, cabin crew drop it for service but in my experience they remember to return it more often that not, and if they don't what effort is a button press?

[1] well, ok, maybe if it is Mrs BertieB and I've done something wrong
Agreed, cost difference aside, I would rather have to (potentially) look at someone 4 foot away than rub shoulders with them in Y (not averse to travelling in Y, I'd just rather be further away from random strangers ). I've survived many a trip on the East Coast mainline at a table with someone opposite.

Edited to add: I only find myself in CW a couple of times a year at best so it's not a big concern, If I flew more frequent I may feel different..who knows?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see how you can compare it to a bus at all?
Have you ever sat in the "club four" at the rear of the lower deck of a New Routemaster? Your face is at half the distance from the face of the person opposite you, and in addition to seeing their face in front of you at this close proximity you also have no option but to rub knees with them. And on many journeys, you have to do this for much longer than it takes to get to the end of the BA safety briefing.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:07 am

As an Oyster Card holder, I usually reserve a seat on the upper deck.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Picking up all the points from the presentation on the seat, All aisle access, MORE storage and GREATER privacy. Seems like it should address the usual complaints here.....
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mutu
Seems like it should address the usual complaints here.....
The complaints have started already!
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
... all aisle access. Increased Privacy. Increased storage and larger seat ... doesn't sound like much of revolution or even anything to be wowed by.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:41 am

Can't believe there haven't been any leaks if it is that close to being launched...Obvious, there will be critics before they show it, once they've shown it and for the whole of its long life in service but maybe the fact they have ditched first on a plane bigger than the 787-9 means this may be enough of an upgrade to render first obsolete. I'm sure Cruz said in an interview that new club world gave him a headache about what to do with First. Now we know the solution to that.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
I think the gate 2 gate IFE comment really gives some info away. Fixed facing screens it is then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.