Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:58 pm

One potential deal breaker for the Sogerma (now Stelia?) Solstys used on Iberia is the fact that, as I seem to remember, the seat isn't certified on the 787. I might be wrong, this was knowledge from a few years ago; I did check on the one and only airline that I can remember using this seat (Thai) and which also has the Solstys, and in fact they have, in their Business class, a 2-2-2 product that still look Stelia but certainly isn't the IB one. Please correct me if I'm writing nonsense.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:38 am

I do remember reading on here about the huge amount of care BA have taken in making this decision, being well aware of the commercial importance of their business class product. For this reason I would be surprised if it was simply the IB seat with tweaks. Certainly speculation is growing now, and will continue to until it reaches fever pitch and all is revealed!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

QR selling them the seat would just about qualify for off-the-shelf I suppose...
No way, Al Baker wouldn't allow it. Nor would BA payout if they did.

Originally Posted by hemschmall
"Off the shelf" (I would assume, given that I don't have the source of the quote) refers to the fact that there won't be an all-new propriety design. A modified version of an existing product, without being too specific, is what we'll see.
Yes.

Either way everyone should stop getting too excited as this program of work will take many years to retrofit across the fleet plus there is no clear outline of the retirement of old aircraft. Furthermore they don't want it to jeopardise First which is regarded as a sub standard business class product. at best compared to the likes of other legacy carriers. It would be interesting what the new head off product is working though.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I wonder if BA will introduce F "suites" . Certainly the rest of the world seems to be moving in that direction.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I wonder if BA will introduce F "suites" . Certainly the rest of the world seems to be moving in that direction.
If you mean suites with doors, I hope not. What I enjoy most about First is the space. When I’ve flown on airlines that have enclosed suites I’ve found them to be a little claustrophobic. The new Singapore Airlines first suite looks very nice, and I look forward to trying that. I do not like the existing EK first suite but the new version looks good (although I’m not a fan of the ‘bling’).
morges1 and argonath like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just flown 2 sectors on Qatar’s Qsuites. I have to say that they are in another class completely.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

If you mean suites with doors, I hope not. What I enjoy most about First is the space. When I’ve flown on airlines that have enclosed suites I’ve found them to be a little claustrophobic. The new Singapore Airlines first suite looks very nice, and I look forward to trying that. I do not like the existing EK first suite but the new version looks good (although I’m not a fan of the ‘bling’).
There’s nothing claustrophobic about Etihad’s First apartments. Mr WSM and I bid for an upgrade to First from AUH to SYD recently and we were successful. What a wonderful experience!
Tobias-UK and argonath like this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:34 am

The lack of it, you mean?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by 1010101

The lack of it, you mean?
I really hope your home is at least 10,000 sq ft? Terrible to have to suffer lack of space I agree.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
We'll agree to disagree on that one as I would much prefer enclosed seats too! I was also very impressed by the QSuites, really like the EY ones and the EK A380 ones. I have not tried the new SQ F, but that's indeed another example that looks great and came highly recommended by LTN Phobia.

That said, it does not have to be doors or open seats, the AF P suites can be fully enclosed by a full height thick curtain if you wish, or you can leave it open if you prefer. Best of both worlds?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

QR selling them the seat would just about qualify for off-the-shelf I suppose...
My flight last week the CSM confirmed that the new seat will be "a fully-specified version" of QR's non-Q-suite seat. I've not flown this product but recall its similar to CX? I am sure someone will be able to correct me.

He claimed to have seen it (or an unbranded version) and they are waiting to see the new design as it will be rolled out on the 350. Someone with more knowledge would have been better able to quiz him for facts but I had no reason to doubt him...!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
My flight last week the CSM confirmed that the new seat will be "a fully-specified version" of QR's non-Q-suite seat. I've not flown this product but recall its similar to CX? I am sure someone will be able to correct me.

He claimed to have seen it (or an unbranded version) and they are waiting to see the new design as it will be rolled out on the 350. Someone with more knowledge would have been better able to quiz him for facts but I had no reason to doubt him...!
I'm so excited by this. This is the biggest development in my travel for years. I will finally start flying CW again and getting enough TP's for gold and the first lounge!

Are we referring to this seat yes? (Sorry FT is not playing ball with uploading or linking a picture) https://media1.ausbt.com.au/1500,150...-787-seats.jpg

If so, I wonder how much money BA will loose as it is basically 50% the density of current BA CW... 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2 Also this would render BA's F product pretty much redundant.

Last edited by cupsandsaucers; Oct 1, 2018 at 1:34 am
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I'm so excited by this. This is the biggest development in my travel for years. I will finally start flying CW again and getting enough TP's for gold and the first lounge!

Are we referring to this seat yes? (Sorry FT is not playing ball with uploading or linking a picture) https://media1.ausbt.com.au/1500,150...-787-seats.jpg

If so, I wonder how much money BA will loose as it is basically 50% the density of current BA CW... 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2 Also this would render BA's F product pretty much redundant.
Looks like the Finnair J on their A350s, that one is actually fairly dense as they are heavily angled and have a tiny foot coffin. Have to say I wasn’t really a fan, difficult to see out of the window and felt very tight as a bed.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

It’s not a 50% drop in density...
KARFA and mikeyfly like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
A reminder to all that the QR Qsuite has been discussed, at some considerable length (with a WIKI, photos and videos), here...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html
This is *not* the Q suite however What has been mentioned is the QR J seat currently on the B787 and A350. Which is very nice IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.