Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
One crew member has said they were informed BA is essentially lifting the current Iberia J Seat and apart from a few changes, that is what we’ll essentially see as the new CW.
So we'd be exchanging the embarassing "foot stool" with an embarassing tray table. I can live with that given the all-seats aisle access and wider seat
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I thought we were in for something more like the Q Suites?

If First was on the UD on the A380 would the seat feel more like the size of the 777 or the even smaller 789?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I'd approve of this, not least because F could then use the good loos!
I don't approve! I like the spaciousness in First just as it is - I spend but a few minutes in the lavs and would rather stick with what we have now rather than compromise on space in the cabin.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hmmm IF they are taking the “new” Iberia seat? That would be a disaster for BA, 20 yrs and they take some average seat on the market. I can’t believe that. Let’s have something innovative
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Hmmm IF they are taking the “new” Iberia seat? That would be a disaster for BA, 20 yrs and they take some average seat on the market. I can’t believe that. Let’s have something innovative
I agree. If true this sets an appalling new low, if not true yet still a rumor among BA employees it tells a lot about their faith in management.

Hi-viz vest clown Cruz has to go.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:45 pm

Pretty sure A380 First is remaining on the lower deck
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by frandrake

I agree. If true this sets an appalling new low, if not true yet still a rumor among BA employees it tells a lot about their faith in management.

Hi-viz vest clown Cruz has to go.
A bit hyperbolic don't you think?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I think its fairly well accepted that the IB seat is the new IAG standard business seat.
Its a long time since BA introduced something innovative. Its a shame really when you are distantly trailing the likes of UA in the innovation stakes
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JFX1764
Pretty sure A380 First is remaining on the lower deck
You have inside news on this?

By the time BA gets around to refurbishing the A380s (2022?) maybe they will have a new F seat to install. Airbus has always wanted F class at the front of the top deck:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/airbus-want...0-s-upper-deck
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
So all this just for a seat that’s off the shelf? I thought the reason for the delay was that BA would either come up with its own proprietary design (so expensive and unlikely under current management) or a very bespoke variation of a standard design. There’s reasonably little you can do with the IB design in my opinion and it’ll continue to trail the competition with Vantage XL or the Cirrus seat in terms of privacy et al. The IB design still gives your footwell. I can only hope I’m wrong but I see why BA so strongly oppose the third runway. Pile ‘em high!
As I predicted damned if they and damned with the current CW seat....To achieve all aisle access, and storage space, with high density, doesn't allow many options at all - indeed if any. Clearly there were in house designs that got canned, so I believe they tried.

Ultimately there is little or no difference between the major players these days other than BA, VS (who sits with their back to the window?) QR....

The buly all look very similar in layout.

It is clear BA needs to protect its TATL market primarily so getting ahead of Delta Suites (with their doors) would seem to be the business answer. Taking the skeleton of any of the others out their and adding BA touches (doors, seat comfort, materials and lighting etc) may still make for a very competitive product.

But I have always maintained that the trend is for J seats to morph over time into a single homogenous product (like economy seats) with the real difference being on soft elements - food and drink, bedding, service, lounges, FFPs
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I follow an A380 pilot on IG who stated on a recent post "And in early September there will be something amazing to show and tell everyone... stay tuned"

I took this to mean CW seat unveil. Maybe I'm miles off...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Mutu
Ultimately there is little or no difference between the major players these days other than BA, VS (who sits with their back to the window?) QR....

The buly all look very similar in layout.

It is clear BA needs to protect its TATL market primarily so getting ahead of Delta Suites (with their doors) would seem to be the business answer. Taking the skeleton of any of the others out their and adding BA touches (doors, seat comfort, materials and lighting etc) may still make for a very competitive product.

But I have always maintained that the trend is for J seats to morph over time into a single homogenous product (like economy seats) with the real difference being on soft elements - food and drink, bedding, service, lounges, FFPs
Sorry, but I'm not sure this is true at all beyond the fact that most designs are lie-flat now. There is probably more variation in J-class airline seating design now than there has ever been (the fact that you only list BA, VS and QR is interesting!).

Should also be noted that all Y seats didn't morph into a single product but instead began that way. The driving criterion of purchasing economy is price and therefore seat density is king. As of yet no-one has tried to stack passengers or introduce a backwards/forwards design in Y to fit in even more passengers but maybe they will at some point and then the consensus that Y should be one homogeneous product will be shattered.

In business class, there is far more divergence in seat density and design because there's scope to target the bottom end of the market (as, say, BA now does) and also the top end (as, say, SQ does) and charge wildly differing prices accordingly. Whilst price still matters, it doesn't totally crowd out all other criteria like in Y.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I hope that F A380 remains downstais and that IB seat is not gonna be on BA, I prefer current layout to that
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I follow an A380 pilot on IG who stated on a recent post "And in early September there will be something amazing to show and tell everyone... stay tuned"

I took this to mean CW seat unveil. Maybe I'm miles off...
I think it will be the name of our new uniform designer.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you

I think it will be the name of our new uniform designer.
SNOOOOOZE! Really?!
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.