Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I always go for a window seat when possible so this isn't a direct concern for me, but looking at the aisle seat it appears that the footrest is smaller and fixed as opposed to the current drop down setup. Does this mean that the very comfortable Z position will not be achievable in the aisle seats?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by Peter M

May I suggest the Cirrus seat being used as being the benchmark for designing Business Class seats,
No way, I already prefer the existing CW backwards window seat to the uncomfortable to side sleepers Cirrus even with a stepover
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:23 am

Business Traveller think this isn't going to be pushed out to other aircraft? No chance that most of them don't get direct aisle access.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:25 am

I'm reasonably impressed. I think it answers a lot of the criticism without causing too much detriment to the density.

The complaint I'd put is still the lack of storage.

Flying CX and having a home for my water bottle, laptop, ipad, power cable + storage for my glasses and sunglasses all in the seat around me is a big plus. Heck - I even had that flying EI on a 757 last week!

The fact I found their seat uncomfortable in fully flat mode (which has never been a problem in CW) is the downside for CX.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Thanks for the info, hemschmall.
Looks like a nice bit of 'evolution' of the CW product!

I imagine that everyone having their own curvy foot rest thing will negate the length advantages of certain seats that we have at the moment (e.g. the last window side seat in each cabin)?
Will need to wait and see the final product anyway.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
All i want is a reasonable across fleet connector such as an hdmi port to run the tablet though the screen. Will let me then fold it up and store it somewhere with the cable attached to watch my own content without taking ten minutes of faffing around, usually with drinks flying everywhere, when i need to stand up from a non sidebin window seat. This is why i like the cirrus etc, a windae and easy exit when all your stuff is spread out. A connector that is actually useable solves that on the 777/787s etc. Yes i know the cirrus style is in the same lack of obvious connectivity status (aa anyway, you cant even find the cable to buy that will work on that - so darn stupid), but there i can just use the tablet screen perched on the shelf.... A380 and 747 already work here of course too. As do aisle seats cough... Otherwise, after all that, i like it, and a simple small storage bin under the 'feature light' (a light perhaps?) is great for us speccies!

Last edited by jcm9000; Jun 5, 2016 at 2:46 am
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
No way, I already prefer the existing CW backwards window seat to the uncomfortable to side sleepers Cirrus even with a stepover
Originally Posted by MPH1980
The fact I found their seat uncomfortable in fully flat mode (which has never been a problem in CW) is the downside for CX.
(I'm just curious) how come?!

Seat not fully facing forward?
Feet box?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
i think some find the joins a but too...lumpy. I'm grand with it as i keep any fwd facing seat a bit elevated anyway so i expect lumps!!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:44 am

How do you get privacy between you and the person sitting opposite you? I think I'm misunderstanding how it will work in practice. The skift link (accepting it's an early draft of the design) makes for a very open cabin.

This seems to be more of an issue where the extra shoulder room comes about by 'encroaching' into the foot-end space of your neighbour. Your line of sight is therefore slightly closer to that of the person opposite you.

Definitely an evolution of the existing product, but a very welcome one. Shame it won't be rolled out across the fleet though (I recall this being covered in another thread which I can't find unfortunately).
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:46 am

What is the seat/bed width of MK I and II ?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by percysmith

Feet box?
In my case when I slept on them fully flat there was some uncomfortable bar in the middle of the seat which dug into my back. I woke up in pain several times before figuring out that if I slept in a reclined position instead - it worked better.

I prefer the seat for storage, but I find CW more comfortable overall.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:58 am

In my case when I slept on them fully flat there was some uncomfortable bar in the middle of the seat which dug into my back. I woke up in pain several times before figuring out that if I slept in a reclined position instead - it worked better.

I prefer the seat for storage, but I find CW more comfortable overall.
I've also read others on here mentioning that uncomfortable bar in CX's fully reclined mode.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith

Feet box?
I think a rear facing window direct aisle access BA CW seat is a fantastic space for sleeping and would be my preference for an overnight flight. With the divider up and the bed flat I feel isolated from the cabin and find sleeping easy.

The forward facing cirrus is a good comfortable seat/bed and would probably be my preference for day flights but it is not as isolated from the cabin as the CW window seat.

The improvements suggested above by giving every window CW seat direct aisle access and having a permanent divider would be a very significant improvements in my opinion.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I am back in the CW fold. Only BA747/A380 UD window seats though. The rest, not so much.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:29 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Never noticed the bar despite CX J being my go-to airline for long haul J. Neither has the missus. But YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.